[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

caesius

some problems found
there is a problem on cocking tool reinstalling. (pawns dont/cant reinstall it)
sometimes underground belt stuck
i dont think it is intended that pawns often get cobalt 'alloy' from mining on the quarry
when you recycle the backpack, there is no recycled materials.

Kirinya

Quote from: notfood on June 30, 2016, 06:34:44 PM
Quote from: tirramissu on June 30, 2016, 12:11:16 PM
After loading a save game power consumtion is much higher. I need to re-flick each station to restore it...

This. This is so annoying. I don't understand why is it happening.

Work stations have different power needs between being on, but not used, and being used.
Apparently, the bug causes all the working stations to consume their "being used" quota when the game is loaded, leading to the problem you are seeing.

I recommend to build a one-piece power cable that is not connected to anything near the crafting stations, and to use the reconnect button to turn the stations off and on this way, if you have a crafting room like I do you'll only need one of these and it's much faster (and less micro management) than having pawns do it.

Kirinya

Quote from: NephilimNexus on June 28, 2016, 04:24:29 PM
Yes, it's got a lot of stuff crammed in there without causing any massive game malfunctions, but beyond that there really is no real sense of underlying logic behind how any of it is supposed to fit together.  Meaning that coding errors were looked at but no one seems to be asking how or why things are supposed to fit together like they do.  Did anyone ever stop to ask "Do we need this? 

I completely disagree. Yes, the modpack has a number of inconsistencies, but overall has a very clear direction - it wants to make you experience a near-correct evolution of technology (same basic idea as the Ascencion pack has). Furthermore, it wants to be difficult and complicated, because the base game honestly lacks depth after a while, and most of the mods found on the board are nice, but make the game much too easy.

If you play a full game with this modpack, you can see that it leads from what is basically a stone age equivalent to a coal-powered civilization, to a fuel-powered civilization, and goes on to start using more ecology-friendly technologies like solar power (you can build it before fuel, but it is very expensive to build, which has a nice equivalent in real life).

The main inconsistencies are that some crafting recipes can be crafted at more than one station, and that you really do not have a clue as a beginner how the technology tree works smoothly - with this I mean that there is a certain way / order to researching within hardcore mod that works best and feels best, but which is not obvious. If you do not follow this path, things feel more non-fitting together.

I'm sure this isn't for everyone. I, for one, have put several hundred hours of fun play into Rimworld, most of them with the Hardcore mod, because Vanilla grows boring after fifty hours and so and many mods make the game totally trivial and are therefore only a short substitute.
Also, building a modpack as big as Hardcore mod with the coherence you are requesting in your post is, in my opinion as a software developer, nearly impossible with a non-professional team, because coherence is one of the most boring (and time-consuming) job in developing software without having too much merit after a certain degree of it is reached.

caesius

is there any news about the update? its been 9 days since the latest update (which was quite trivial update).

Gralad

So i came across my first major turning point where i can not progress anymore because i dont know how to get past this "problem".

Anyone could be so nice and tell me how to fix broken down machinery and if it is possible to have pawns repair things before the maintenance counter reaches 0% ?

/edit

nevermind i just noticed i had my homezones not properly set up and that was the reason nobody was tending to it and also that i was not able to manually force a repair.

Szarrukin

I can't sow anything. I have potato seeds, growing zone, colonists with growing skill, but they are just standing idle.

caesius

why are there no constructor, medic, craft robots?
and, gardener robots have huge bug. it does not work at all, just wandering and recharging.
also, why the 'robots' participate party and marriage? even more, they got effected by radiation. it is quite weird. are they really robots?

+ i dont kn why but my colonists do not use weed cigarettes. only by manual consume.

Shushei

Quote from: Szarrukin on July 02, 2016, 12:00:01 PM
I can't sow anything. I have potato seeds, growing zone, colonists with growing skill, but they are just standing idle.

Its kind of blind shot but got 2 posible issues
1. Your colonist are not set for Growing Work in Work tab Menu
2. Your Colonists are restricted to AREA (like Home ) that doesnt cover your growing zone.

Szarrukin

Quote from: Shushei on July 03, 2016, 04:26:26 AM

2. Your Colonists are restricted to AREA (like Home ) that doesnt cover your growing zone.

Nope and nope. It's summer, colonists have enabled growing work, growing zone is in home area. And still nothing.

https://postimg.org/image/nd9apxwzb/

caesius

Quote from: Szarrukin on July 03, 2016, 05:43:54 AM
Quote from: Shushei on July 03, 2016, 04:26:26 AM

Nope and nope. It's summer, colonists have enabled growing work, growing zone is in home area. And still nothing.

https://postimg.org/image/nd9apxwzb/

did you research appropriate tech? like vegetable research 1 and agriculture 1

Havan_IronOak

Just started playing with the latest and greatest Hardcore SK mods...

So far I'm really liking the changes.

But there ARE some steep learning curve issues. Is there a generalized reference post that explains all the major departures from the vanilla?

For example, needing ammo for the various guns is a new challenge for me. Is there some reference list somewhere of which guns take which ammo? I made two (out of two) mistakes with my first attempt and had to enter god-mode to swap out the wrong size ammo for the weapons I chose.

Also had to "cheat-in" some potato seeds as I initially thought that potatoes had been exempted from the "needs seeds" requirement.

caesius

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 03, 2016, 08:17:32 AM
Just started playing with the latest and greatest Hardcore SK mods...

So far I'm really liking the changes.

But there ARE some steep learning curve issues. Is there a generalized reference post that explains all the major departures from the vanilla?

For example, needing ammo for the various guns is a new challenge for me. Is there some reference list somewhere of which guns take which ammo? I made two (out of two) mistakes with my first attempt and had to enter god-mode to swap out the wrong size ammo for the weapons I chose.

Also had to "cheat-in" some potato seeds as I initially thought that potatoes had been exempted from the "needs seeds" requirement.

you can check the needed ammo type at information tab in each gun.
in my case, 5.56x45 NATO  and 9x19 PARABLUM ammo types are most commonly used.

Havan_IronOak

I was able to figure out what kind of ammo I needed once I'd started my colony but that doesn't help much when 'Preparing Carefully"  It would be great to either have the info show in the prepare carefully mod or to have a spreadsheet that I could load up externally.

What I'm puzzling over now is why I can't grow rice. I've got the seeds and researched level 1 Agriculture. That SAYS that it unlocks Corn, Rice and Strawberries. It did unlock corn but no joy on rice.

Also I'm trying to figure out how to unlock the tailoring bench. 

I WILL create a section of the wiki for the Hardcore SK mod once I get a bit more expert on how things works but in the mean-time I still have plenty of questions.

Solved the question of growing Rice and Strawberries!  Seems the text for Agriculture I lists them but further research is required.
Rice requires Vegetable Research I
Strawberries requires Vegetable Research III.

notfood

I heard the tech tree is getting reworked and things are bound to change research wise.

I often find myself reading the xml files to learn what I have to do.

By the way, you require CraftingI to get the hand tailoring workbench. It's pretty much available right from the start.

Havan_IronOak

Thanks for that! The in-game help is pretty good but its not always clear to a new player.

My NEW problem is capturing an escape pod guy that just dropped in.  I'm guessing that I need a special cell door (not just any door). What tech is that hidden behind?

Also, I built the fence in the game that's supposed to keep your crops from being eaten...  I used it to build a chicken yard to keep out some troublesome wolves that were in the area. Now I see deer sleeping inside the fenced in area. WILL this thing keep out wolves?