[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonsrd

first post can you upload base mod to github. the mega link you  have doesn't work for me in  uk,

and not everyone uses steam link

alaestor

Quote from: tonsrd on November 21, 2016, 10:59:08 PM
first post can you upload base mod to github. the mega link you  have doesn't work for me in  uk, and not everyone uses steam link
There is a file attached to the main thread post. However, I have also uploaded the 1.0.3 release to FileDropper.com
I've also updated download section with clickable link to the attached file, and to the new FileDropper mirror.

Quote from: ActionCow on November 15, 2016, 11:31:06 PM
Dunno if any of the other mods in my list cause problems, but Combat Realism definitely fucks it up. With combat realism it functions just like it did when i tried to play with everything. Kind of expected since CR's release is buggy as all hell.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it specific to R++ or does it effect the parent Misc. Robots mod as well?

ActionCow

Quote from: alaestor on November 23, 2016, 09:34:43 AM
Quote from: tonsrd on November 21, 2016, 10:59:08 PM
first post can you upload base mod to github. the mega link you  have doesn't work for me in  uk, and not everyone uses steam link
There is a file attached to the main thread post. However, I have also uploaded the 1.0.3 release to FileDropper.com
I've also updated download section with clickable link to the attached file, and to the new FileDropper mirror.

Quote from: ActionCow on November 15, 2016, 11:31:06 PM
Dunno if any of the other mods in my list cause problems, but Combat Realism definitely fucks it up. With combat realism it functions just like it did when i tried to play with everything. Kind of expected since CR's release is buggy as all hell.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it specific to R++ or does it effect the parent Misc. Robots mod as well?

Only this mod, normal misc robots works fine though MAI has issues if you try to get them to fight.
Even with this installed, haulers and cleaners work normally. Your crafters seem to work fine too, ER bots rescue but don't treat, and builders will only deliver materials, smooth floors and build/remove roofs. They won't build, deconstruct, or mine. I haven't tried kitchen bots but could try to test them too.
I'd attach a debug log if I knew how to copy it/get it as a file.

alaestor

Quote from: ActionCow on November 24, 2016, 12:27:03 AM
Only this mod, normal misc robots works fine though MAI has issues if you try to get them to fight.
(...) Your crafters seem to work fine too, ER bots rescue but don't treat, and builders (...) won't build, deconstruct, or mine.

I've added CR to the incompatibility list. Haplo mentioned a work-around by changing bots into colonists allowing people to manually set their priorities, but that pretty much breaks the purpose of having robots so I won't be implementing a patch for this issue. Thanks for the information ActionCow.

Quote from: Haplo(?)
It is only incompatible with mods that automatically change their work priority.
But I'm unaware of any mod that does that. You can reset the robots manually, but you would need to manually change an entry in the AIRobots_Race.xml file. There is a disabled entry named <showAsColonist>. If you enable that, the robots will show up as a normal colonist and you can change their work setting.

ActionCow

That only really makes sense if their priorities are automatically set to zero, but even then it's kind of weird since they'll do some jobs in one category but not others like the builder.

14m1337

*cough*
a few minutes ago, two of my colonists had their marriage ceremony. even the bots came to the marriage spot to party (maybe the even partied hard :D ).
Is this working as intended ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Lerin

Dosen't matter ?
Robots are too one big family members :)

Canute

Quote from: 14m1337 on November 27, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
*cough*
a few minutes ago, two of my colonists had their marriage ceremony. even the bots came to the marriage spot to party (maybe the even partied hard :D ).
Intended, no.
But not avoidable, pawns even chat with robots, the game handle them as visitors/pawns not as objects.
Why do you think the communication unit of robots is the 1. thing that break and can't be repaired ? :-)

Thundercraft

I'm not sure how much impact this has on functionality or if this is trivial, but I'm getting a red error:

Hash collision between RPP_RechargeStation_Kitchen_Interm and  Plantmushroom: both have short hash 61243

I know that "RPP_RechargeStation_Kitchen_Interm" belongs to the Misc. Robot++ mod. (See "RPP_Buildings_RechargeStation.xml") And I know that "Plantmushroom" belongs to the  Vegetable Garden mod. (See "Cultivated_Plants.xml") To my eyes, this looks like it may be a compatibility issue.

Here's my complete output_log.txt in a zip : http://dropcanvas.com/cy17e

(Note: I also posted this to the Report Bugs Here thread on Steam.)

Edit:
I noticed another hash collision with a different mod:

Hash collision between TrapIEDIncendiary and  RPP_Bot_Kitchen_Adv: both have short hash 48416

I know that "TrapIEDIncendiary" belongs to the Moveable Traps and IEDs mod. (See "Buildings_MoveableTraps.xml") And I know that "RPP_Bot_Kitchen_Adv" belongs to the Misc. Robot++ mod. (See "RPP_Buildings_RechargeStation.xml")

DepOpt

Quote from: Canute on November 27, 2016, 03:46:58 PM
Quote from: 14m1337 on November 27, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
*cough*
Intended, no.
But not avoidable, pawns even chat with robots, the game handle them as visitors/pawns not as objects.
Why do you think the communication unit of robots is the 1. thing that break and can't be repaired ? :-)
Unintentional but cute.
Feature not a bug.
Ignore this notice

Spdskatr

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 04, 2016, 12:36:56 PM
I noticed another hash collision with a different mod:

Hash collision between TrapIEDIncendiary and  RPP_Bot_Kitchen_Adv: both have short hash 48416

I know that "TrapIEDIncendiary" belongs to the Moveable Traps and IEDs mod. (See "Buildings_MoveableTraps.xml") And I know that "RPP_Bot_Kitchen_Adv" belongs to the Misc. Robot++ mod. (See "RPP_Buildings_RechargeStation.xml")
I don't have the Moveable Traps and IEDs mod and it still happens. It either is a conflict with the mod Core(by Tynan :P) or another mod that changes the way an IED works. It has no apparent game instability issues.

Also, do you have an animal handling bot?
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

alaestor

To confirm; the short hash collisions have no impact on functionality that I'm aware of (known since A15 release).
Unless something makes it a problem; it's probably best if I leave it alone. I'm not even too sure how I'd go about fixing that anyways. Despite being named a "hash" I don't think they're strictly 'uniquely generated' based on mod input, but rather seem to be assigned. Anything that would bother to utilize the hash would likely default to using the long/full hash (if one exists) rather than the short one.
So I don't predict there being any problems now or in the future. Simply ignore the 'error' (warning).

Quote from: Spdskatr on December 12, 2016, 03:40:01 AM
Also, do you have an animal handling bot?
No, and I don't think I'll be adding one. Seems more of a human venture anyways  ;D

AquaTech

Hi, your mod look like really cool , but every time I install him all the objects of the game cost only 1 of steel  :'(
What should I do ?

alaestor

I've changed the mod to A16 and made some minor changes to fix some errors that were created by the game update.
Previous versions can be found via the Mega.nz link in the main thread.

There is a hotfix by Haplo to his Robots mod that makes this all possible; however the parent mod isn't in official capacity yet, so use it at your own risk and expect things to change. Though from what I've tested, it seems to work fine.

Quote from: AquaTech on December 17, 2016, 12:19:29 PM
Hi, your mod look like really cool , but every time I install him all the objects of the game cost only 1 of steel  :'(
What should I do ?

I've never confirmed that bug. Please make sure you're using the correct mod and game versions, verify that your game install isn't corrupted, and that you have loaded the mods in the correct order (core, misc core, misc robots, robots++)

azulusthra

Quote from: alaestor on January 07, 2017, 09:34:36 PM
I've changed the mod to A16 and made some minor changes to fix some errors that were created by the game update.
Previous versions can be found via the Mega.nz link in the main thread.

There is a hotfix by Haplo to his Robots mod that makes this all possible; however the parent mod isn't in official capacity yet, so use it at your own risk and expect things to change. Though from what I've tested, it seems to work fine.

Link for the hotfix ?
Can't seem to find any links for robots A16..