[A15] Ancestral Spirits - ALPHA

Started by MinutesToWeekend, October 31, 2016, 11:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: MinutesToWeekend on November 15, 2016, 09:37:51 PM
I'm considering just pulling the mod until I can figure out what's going on with this. Don't want to put out a mod that only works half the time.
Paste "Alpha" at the end of the name of the mod, so you keep getting such valuable feedback from users. Don't just outright take it out.
I was waiting for it to be more polished to use it tough, so no feedback from me for now xD

Thank you for keeping up the good work!

MinutesToWeekend

Quote from: Der Failer on November 15, 2016, 09:43:21 AM
Just tried to add this mod to my colony and got this error:
[...]
For the save file and output log see the attachment.

Thanks a ton for the save! Got it working, though it required a significant amount of messing with the save. I managed to load it and tried to add my mod and it failed! Sweet! I can actually take a look at this now.

On a completely unrelated tangent you have a huge colony, it's very impressive.

Quote from: faltonico on November 15, 2016, 11:27:03 PM
Paste "Alpha" at the end of the name of the mod, so you keep getting such valuable feedback from users. Don't just outright take it out.
I was waiting for it to be more polished to use it tough, so no feedback from me for now xD

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that.

MinutesToWeekend

Good news, everyone! I've fixed the error with the injection of the MapComponent! This means that all those save games it failed to load into before should work properly now. Also from this release onwards I'll fix the name of the folder.

New tag: https://github.com/MoyTW/MTW_AncestorSpirits/releases/tag/v0.1f

+ Fix error when loading into slow-loading games

Try that out on the games it was failing to load into before (you'll still need Faction Discovery) and see how it works for you.

Syraxen

Quote from: MinutesToWeekend on November 16, 2016, 02:04:58 AM
Good news, everyone! I've fixed the error with the injection of the MapComponent! This means that all those save games it failed to load into before should work properly now. Also from this release onwards I'll fix the name of the folder.

Try that out on the games it was failing to load into before (you'll still need Faction Discovery) and see how it works for you.
BEST! Existing save fixed and mod work fine. Thx.

Wishmaster

Quote from: MinutesToWeekend on November 16, 2016, 02:04:58 AM

Is that the bug I told you about that happens with hospitality?

MinutesToWeekend

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 16, 2016, 11:07:06 AM
Is that the bug I told you about that happens with hospitality?

I suspect it may be but am not sure. The bug occurs because actually not due to any specific combination of mods, but because of a timing issue, so what apparently worked for it to be reproduced on your end didn't happen on mine. However the symptoms seem extremely similar.

So, that's a "probably, maybe" right there.

Seinne

The only problem I've seen with this mod so far...using a lot! of mods... is pretty funny actually.

Guests (visitors, caravans... etc) and their pets, immediately and without provocation, attack the first spirit they see.
They will beat and beat on the spirits until the guest either passes out(once) or their stay is up and they leave.

Weird part is their thoughts, and the thoughts of the spirits towards them, are all positive.

Biggest problem is if I don't interact with the pawns before they start the fight, I can't trade or recruit them until they have decided to leave and break off for the borders....

I'm guessing this is a Hospitality compatibility error, and yes I do have the patch.
Load order is Hospitality, spirits, then compatibility patch.

Love this mod and I strangely love this bug, it's hilarious.

Canute

My guests don't attack the spirits. But all raiders did so far.
I can use the ancestors as punching bags, while i can shoot from behind.

But i think MinutesToWeekend forget to set the relationship to other faction of the hidden Ancestor faction.
Can't you set the ancestor faction to be friendly/neutral to all known and new discovered factions ?

Seinne

Just had my ancestors take on the brunt of an infestation, so my colonists snuck up and laid waste to them without a scratch.

But anyway to remove the -2billion magic points I have since installing and reinstalling the update?

Wishmaster

I made a
Quote from: Canute on November 16, 2016, 03:47:24 PM
My guests don't attack the spirits. But all raiders did so far.
I can use the ancestors as punching bags, while i can shoot from behind.

But i think MinutesToWeekend forget to set the relationship to other faction of the hidden Ancestor faction.
Can't you set the ancestor faction to be friendly/neutral to all known and new discovered factions ?

I made a patch for that, with the approval of MinutesToWeekend

http://bit.ly/2fq4rRI

All hostiles will ignore ancestors. They can also cross doors without opening them, handy when a manhunter pack is here.

MinutesToWeekend

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 16, 2016, 01:51:32 PM
I didn't :(

Well, drat. Can you post the save?

Quote from: Seinne on November 16, 2016, 02:43:41 PM
The only problem I've seen with this mod so far...using a lot! of mods... is pretty funny actually.

Guests (visitors, caravans... etc) and their pets, immediately and without provocation, attack the first spirit they see.
They will beat and beat on the spirits until the guest either passes out(once) or their stay is up and they leave.

Weird part is their thoughts, and the thoughts of the spirits towards them, are all positive.

Biggest problem is if I don't interact with the pawns before they start the fight, I can't trade or recruit them until they have decided to leave and break off for the borders....

I'm guessing this is a Hospitality compatibility error, and yes I do have the patch.
Load order is Hospitality, spirits, then compatibility patch.

Love this mod and I strangely love this bug, it's hilarious.

That's legit hilarious, but it's definitely not supposed to be happening. I'll take a look at synchronizing faction approvals; factions should have the same approval towards your Ancestors as they have to you, but like Canute says I never actually implemented that.

Quote from: Seinne on November 16, 2016, 03:55:36 PM
Just had my ancestors take on the brunt of an infestation, so my colonists snuck up and laid waste to them without a scratch.

But anyway to remove the -2billion magic points I have since installing and reinstalling the update?

Did you get the magic points from angry visits? You should start with 6 when you install the mod, and they should only tick down when the season passes; if you lost a ton of magic from updating the version that seems like a bug.

Anyways, if you want to change your magic value, you can edit your save file, but otherwise you'll just have to wait for them to visit and raise it that way. You can find it stored in your save file as <currentMagic>YOUR MAGIC</currentMagic>; set that to whatever you like and reload and you're done.

Seinne

Quote from: Seinne on November 16, 2016, 03:55:36 PM

Did you get the magic points from angry visits? You should start with 6 when you install the mod, and they should only tick down when the season passes; if you lost a ton of magic from updating the version that seems like a bug.

Anyways, if you want to change your magic value, you can edit your save file, but otherwise you'll just have to wait for them to visit and raise it that way. You can find it stored in your save file as <currentMagic>YOUR MAGIC</currentMagic>; set that to whatever you like and reload and you're done.
[/quote]

No, it has to be a bug, I wasn't exaggerating just wasn't being precise. My magic value is something like -2,453,233,444. I've seen it happen twice now, once when I try and move a shrine and once when I uninstalled and reinstalled your mod with a shrine in place.

Darkmark8910

Bug Reports:

1) Male animals can become pregnant from the "bestowing a child upon ____" event. My six-year-old male cat named Cairo is now pregnant O.o

2) Wild animals will hunt spirits when hungry. I spent ~5 minutes watching a wild timber wolf bite a spirit repeatedly. The spirit, not counting as a colonist, didn't receive help from the turrets nearby. The 9999 HP helped with its health, though. It never went before 99995 health as it would regenerate faster than the wolf could hit it.