What are your plans for alpha 16? (based on what we have seen so far)

Started by Connwaaer, December 10, 2016, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connwaaer

I really want to do a nomadic trible run myself, but we don't know how the caravan/travel system functions so that may not be possible. Any interesting ideas on what you could do with the upcoming caravan/travel system?

carbon

For novelty sake, you could try to make a journey around the world.

Although how exciting that will be will depend heavily on exactly how much you can really do on the world map. If it turns out to be mostly "move from A to B, eating food along the way", there won't be much to write home about.

Scythah

Yeah, it really depends on how indepth the mechanics are. We've only seen a few screenshots so we don't know a whole lot.

If it's as fleshed out as everyone's hoping though, I'd love to be a marauding group of warriors who attacks enemy bases and takes them over, conscripting the survivors before moving onto the next conquest. So... kinda like Genghis Khan, but in space.

...And with charge rifles. Also cyborg bits.

ReZpawner

mumblemumble

Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Profugo Barbatus

If the Attack function is a proper controllable fight, as opposed to just an off-screen dice roll ("The raid went well", etc), then I plan to play a militarized, conquest oriented colony and see how much of the world I can take over.

And then see how long that empire lasts.

NeonOverIon

After getting past the part which I build my own base and such, I'd probably end up building a huge city with multiple villages around it, maybe several self-sustaining forts as well. Hopefully colonists will be easier to acquire as well, if so I'd end up building a sizeable army, have them go on raids and explore the world - hopefully Tynan has added/will add some points of interest on the map, maybe some crash sights or ancient structures etc.

ChJees

Quote from: NeonOverIon on December 11, 2016, 02:07:58 PM
After getting past the part which I build my own base and such, I'd probably end up building a huge city with multiple villages around it, maybe several self-sustaining forts as well. Hopefully colonists will be easier to acquire as well, if so I'd end up building a sizeable army, have them go on raids and explore the world - hopefully Tynan has added/will add some points of interest on the map, maybe some crash sights or ancient structures etc.

Global events would be cool. Imagine the psychic ship part crash incident, but on a map scale. A whole section of a ship which is embedded into a mountain or hill to explore and fight through.
Would give even pirates a reason to form a temporary alliance.

Listy

I'm gonna set up my own colony, with blackjack and hookers!

In all seriousness, there's a few Pirate bases that are going to learn how to raid.

PiggyBacon

I prefer the simple things in life make a trade caravan. That way you can sell the organs of the dead back to their friends and familys for a good price.