[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodyDaOcas

Hello :) Thank you very much for a nice mod, just wanted to ask you what should I do if I wanted last version, but Lite version ? Should I merge somehow ? Latest lite as of right now is 1.42. . thanks a lot!

Rah

Quote from: WoodyDaOcas on January 14, 2017, 05:30:15 PM
Hello :) Thank you very much for a nice mod, just wanted to ask you what should I do if I wanted last version, but Lite version ? Should I merge somehow ? Latest lite as of right now is 1.42. . thanks a lot!

Hi woody, do you mean a previous version? Go to the front page and look for the "older versions" below the main download links.

grifo

Hi, Rah!

One of my colonists just lost his clavicle and to my surprise I realised that vanilla game doesnt provide any means to heal this condition. Its kind of weird that individuals capable of building antimatter reactors cant do simple surgeries which were mastered at the end of 20 century.. Ok!

Only mod to deal with it that really make sense without adding a lot of stuff, changing balance and all is FixBones, but its abandoned..
Next best solution is DE surgeries, but this mod doesnt have some necessary stuff and adds some unnecessary stuff, but its a good candidate

So since I started to dig into medical mods, I said "well, maybe I should go with some more complex mod like EPOE?" but that mod is really overkill with unecessary content, so I encountered your mod of that mod  :D and it looks like you doing a good job of making it less complicated and closer to vanilla.

Now I have a simple question. Does your mod provide a means to fix all major shattered bones with simple surgeries, using industrial level of knowledge, materials and medecine or it concentrates on other areas? If its the case, then I should stick to DE surgeries and tweak it out for my taste.

Another question if I stick with DE surgeries can I use this mod as well, should they conflict?

Thanks for the mod and good luck!

CitationNeeded

Quote from: grifo on January 14, 2017, 09:28:19 PM
Another question if I stick with DE surgeries can I use this mod as well, should they conflict?

DE surgeries doesn't conflict with the normal version of EPOE so in theory it should be fine with the hardcore version as well. Make sure to load it after EPOE however.

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 14, 2017, 09:28:19 PM
Hi, Rah!

One of my colonists just lost his clavicle and to my surprise I realised that vanilla game doesnt provide any means to heal this condition. Its kind of weird that individuals capable of building antimatter reactors cant do simple surgeries which were mastered at the end of 20 century.. Ok!

Only mod to deal with it that really make sense without adding a lot of stuff, changing balance and all is FixBones, but its abandoned..
Next best solution is DE surgeries, but this mod doesnt have some necessary stuff and adds some unnecessary stuff, but its a good candidate

So since I started to dig into medical mods, I said "well, maybe I should go with some more complex mod like EPOE?" but that mod is really overkill with unecessary content, so I encountered your mod of that mod  :D and it looks like you doing a good job of making it less complicated and closer to vanilla.

Now I have a simple question. Does your mod provide a means to fix all major shattered bones with simple surgeries, using industrial level of knowledge, materials and medecine or it concentrates on other areas? If its the case, then I should stick to DE surgeries and tweak it out for my taste.

Thanks for the mod and good luck!

Hi Grifo, you can fix/replace the majority of destroyed bones in this mod, except for non-functional ones like the ribs and sternum. I might add the option to fix them up anyway. The repairs in this mod is of course mostly bionic in nature, and not natural surgery, except for scars and old gunshot wounds, which can be healed.

The clavicle however is actually not included. I think most people think it's part of the arm in this game, but it appears not to be. I will look into it and possibly add a surgery option. Thanks for pointing that out.

With regards to DE surgeries, they should not conflict.

edit: will release a new version with natural clavicle, rib and sternum repairs in a few hours.

Rah

1.53 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Can now repair shattered clavicles (10 plasteel), ribs (30 steel) and sternums (40 steel) naturally.
* Fixed bug where pawns could install available bionic parts without research.
* Artificial pelvis cost slightly reduced.

grifo

Quote from: Rah on January 15, 2017, 05:27:24 AM
edit: will release a new version with natural clavicle, rib and sternum repairs in a few hours.

Good news, Rah!

One more question about your mod if you dont mind. How your mod deals with torn (cut, bitten) off toes and fingers? Doest it have prosthetic or simple surgery methods to restore them, or maybe both? While prosthetic method doesnt cause any questions, simple surgery method actually cause one. In reality simple surgery on cut off finger is possible in 30 minutes in summer or 4-6 hours if you managed to freeze it. Is it possible to model this in game? Like if you had torn (cut, bitten) off toe or finger then you have only one day to restore it or simple surgery is not an option anymore. Well, nevermind! This is probably to complicated and Im taking this game too seriously, just a curiosity!

And one more thing! Its not directly related to your mod, but I would like to hear your opinion on this. I realised that destroyed part of the body DONT cause any pain at all! Like some old scar causes 5% of pain, but shattered clavicle (which will actually cause and extreme pain and totally immobilize a human being in reality) is not!  This is obviously broken. Do you think its possible to make a mod which will introduce pain for destroyed body parts? What do you think about it?

Good luck, bro! Thanks for your job!

Canute

Quote from: Rah on January 15, 2017, 08:49:43 AM

Carefull, 1.53 is a savegame breaker.
After deleting and installing 1.53 i couldn't load any game anymore.
After switching back to 1.51 it is working.

Rah

Quote from: Canute on January 15, 2017, 10:07:02 AM
Quote from: Rah on January 15, 2017, 08:49:43 AM

Carefull, 1.53 is a savegame breaker.
After deleting and installing 1.53 i couldn't load any game anymore.
After switching back to 1.51 it is working.

1.51 still had the luci suppression item, so it can mess with the updates after it. Tested it on my 1.51 save and it works for me. If you get an error message when you get into your game, save (make sure you backup if you're playing with permadeath), exit and load back in. If it doesn't work, just revert to 1.51 and play it out.

Do you get into your game or are you unable to?

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 15, 2017, 09:09:15 AM
Quote from: Rah on January 15, 2017, 05:27:24 AM

Good news, Rah!

One more question about your mod if you dont mind. How your mod deals with torn (cut, bitten) off toes and fingers? Doest it have prosthetic or simple surgery methods to restore them, or maybe both? While prosthetic method doesnt cause any questions, simple surgery method actually cause one. In reality simple surgery on cut off finger is possible in 30 minutes in summer or 4-6 hours if you managed to freeze it. Is it possible to model this in game? Like if you had torn (cut, bitten) off toe or finger then you have only one day to restore it or simple surgery is not an option anymore. Well, nevermind! This is probably to complicated and Im taking this game too seriously, just a curiosity!

And one more thing! Its not directly related to your mod, but I would like to hear your opinion on this. I realised that destroyed part of the body DONT cause any pain at all! Like some old scar causes 5% of pain, but shattered clavicle (which will actually cause and extreme pain and totally immobilize a human being in reality) is not!  This is obviously broken. Do you think its possible to make a mod which will introduce pain for destroyed body parts? What do you think about it?

Good luck, bro! Thanks for your job!

In order to encourage bionic repairs and research, fingers and toes unfortunately can't be fixed up without replacing the hand. After losing 1 or 2 fingers, you should consider getting a bionic hand for that pawn. I know some people like the natural healing and surgeries, but it's tricky to balance it with bionic parts. EPOE is mainly a bionics mod, so those parts come first. ;-)

With regards to the destroyed body parts, that's a pretty good idea ! It could probably be done.

grifo

Quote from: Rah on January 15, 2017, 10:59:33 AM
In order to encourage bionic repairs and research, fingers and toes unfortunately can't be fixed up without replacing the hand. After losing 1 or 2 fingers, you should consider getting a bionic hand for that pawn. I know some people like the natural healing and surgeries, but it's tricky to balance it with bionic parts. EPOE is mainly a bionics mod, so those parts come first. ;-)

With regards to the destroyed body parts, that's a pretty good idea ! It could probably be done.

I see, Im ok with it. In fact natural surgery on turn (cut) off limbs are possible only if they were freezed and not much time passed, so it makes sense if there is no way to impose time limit on these surgeries. Like if you not managed to make a surgery in time, your only option is prosthetics. If this possible this would be super realistic and really balanced solution.

But now Im digging trough your mod files and if im correct you can harvest someone`s hand and give it to other guy? Now this is really unrealistic, 100% will cause a heavy infection and death. Again you can put back your own hand if you are quick enough, but that guy`s hand is never an option. )))

Okey, I hope Im not annoying you much. Im a paramedic and realism freak, so I always digging in those details, but I understand that balance is important. i will dig more in your mod and will tweak things for my taste if I have enough skill. Ill share it with you if you are interested.

If you or someone else will be able to introduce a pain for destroyed and missing body parts this will be a real blast!

P.S. If you need help with Russian translation, you are welcome!

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 15, 2017, 02:59:20 PM
Quote from: Rah on January 15, 2017, 10:59:33 AM

I see, Im ok with it. In fact natural surgery on turn (cut) off limbs are possible only if they were freezed and not much time passed, so it makes sense if there is no way to impose time limit on these surgeries. Like if you not managed to make a surgery in time, your only option is prosthetics. If this possible this would be super realistic and really balanced solution.

But now Im digging trough your mod files and if im correct you can harvest someone`s hand and give it to other guy? Now this is really unrealistic, 100% will cause a heavy infection and death. Again you can put back your own hand if you are quick enough, but that guy`s hand is never an option. )))

Okey, I hope Im not annoying you much. Im a paramedic and realism freak, so I always digging in those details, but I understand that balance is important. i will dig more in your mod and will tweak things for my taste if I have enough skill. Ill share it with you if you are interested.

If you or someone else will be able to introduce a pain for destroyed and missing body parts this will be a real blast!

P.S. If you need help with Russian translation, you are welcome!

Thanks for the support, I'll let you know!
With regards to harvesting, you cannot harvest hands, feet, arms or legs in EPOE Hardcore, but I've made an addon file available for those who really want it.

Degraine

Small comment on prerequisites: Researching synthetic organs before advanced bionics is pointless as the required workbench to make synthetic organs isn't unlocked. Does the game allow multiple optional pre-requisites for a workbench to become available?

Rah

Quote from: Degraine on January 15, 2017, 06:00:06 PM
Small comment on prerequisites: Researching synthetic organs before advanced bionics is pointless as the required workbench to make synthetic organs isn't unlocked. Does the game allow multiple optional pre-requisites for a workbench to become available?

I think that should be possible. Or just lock the others until Advanced bionics has been researched. Either way, I'll include a fix for that in the next update. Thanks for pointing it out.