[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grifo

Hi, Rah!

So I decided to follow your route and tweak DE Surgery to "hardcore" or maybe just to rebalanced version for myself and if it will be good enough maybe ill even release it  :D Its good mod to start learning from since its structure is not that complex as in EPOE.

Maybe you can enlighten me how exactly this string works?
<surgerySuccessChanceFactor>1.45</surgerySuccessChanceFactor>
I understand what it does in general but not sure about details.  Lets say my colonist have a 90% general chance for successful surgery. How this string will alter this chance? Maybe there is some knowledge base from developer about all these parameters im not aware about?

WoodyDaOcas

Quote from: Rah on January 14, 2017, 09:22:56 PM
Quote from: WoodyDaOcas on January 14, 2017, 05:30:15 PM
Hello :) Thank you very much for a nice mod, just wanted to ask you what should I do if I wanted last version, but Lite version ? Should I merge somehow ? Latest lite as of right now is 1.42. . thanks a lot!

Hi woody, do you mean a previous version? Go to the front page and look for the "older versions" below the main download links.
Hi, thanks for the answer :) Maybe I don't know how to ask better, sorry :D I would like to get the latest LITE version, this is what I meant. To be honest, I expected as follows:
EPOE 1.53
EPOE 1.53 Lite
I don't understand why is the lite version .1 "versions" lower :D Is this like the features wise the latest build(cheaper stuff, tho), but somehow marked differently?
Thanks

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 16, 2017, 10:58:43 AM
Hi, Rah!

So I decided to follow your route and tweak DE Surgery to "hardcore" or maybe just to rebalanced version for myself and if it will be good enough maybe ill even release it  :D Its good mod to start learning from since its structure is not that complex as in EPOE.

I understand what it does in general but not sure about details.  Lets say my colonist have a 90% general chance for successful surgery. How this string will alter this chance? Maybe there is some knowledge base from developer about all these parameters im not aware about?

Hi, Grifo. It's not 100% clear how it all works, but a level 10 doc according to the wiki has a 93% chance of success. If you multiply that with the medicine potency value, which is 0.70 for normal meds, you get a 65% chance to succeed. The surgery success chance factor is added on top of that I believe by multiplying it with the former. So 0.65*1.45=0.94. There's also a very small bonus to room cleanliness.

In the next update, I might actually reduce it a little for some of the recipes, after some testing. The reason I raised them in the first place was because in the original EPOE they were way too low, so even master surgeons would fail a lot.

QuoteHi, thanks for the answer :) Maybe I don't know how to ask better, sorry :D I would like to get the latest LITE version, this is what I meant. To be honest, I expected as follows:
EPOE 1.53
EPOE 1.53 Lite
I don't understand why is the lite version .1 "versions" lower :D Is this like the features wise the latest build(cheaper stuff, tho), but somehow marked differently?
Thanks

The latest LITE version is 1.43, one integer below the main version. I started it later, so it has a lower number.

grifo

Quote from: Rah on January 16, 2017, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: grifo on January 16, 2017, 10:58:43 AM
Hi, Rah!

Hi, Grifo. It's not 100% clear how it all works, but a level 10 doc according to the wiki has a 93% chance of success. If you multiply that with the medicine potency value, which is 0.70 for normal meds, you get a 65% chance to succeed. The surgery success chance factor is added on top of that I believe by multiplying it with the former. So 0.65*1.45=0.94. There's also a very small bonus to room cleanliness.

In the next update, I might actually reduce it a little for some of the recipes, after some testing. The reason I raised them in the first place was because in the original EPOE they were way too low, so even master surgeons would fail a lot.

Aha! Good to know, since Im planning to rebalance all surgery difficulties, requirements and stuff.

Finally I managed to implement working post-surgery trauma conditions thanks to the lines from your mod. i dont know whom to credit you or EPOE author. Thank you all! Modding is quite addictive like a good wake up BTW!  :D

WoodyDaOcas

Ohhh, I see. Thanks a lot for the info .. and the mod :)

Rah

QuoteAha! Good to know, since Im planning to rebalance all surgery difficulties, requirements and stuff.

Finally I managed to implement working post-surgery trauma conditions thanks to the lines from your mod. i dont know whom to credit you or EPOE author. Thank you all! Modding is quite addictive like a good wake up BTW! :D

That's great, and yes, it is very addictive !

edit: btw, thanks for talking about the surgery success chance. It made me go and take a look, and it turned out some things needed fixing. So, you should probably use the new code for the tweaks you're doing.

QuoteOhhh, I see. Thanks a lot for the info .. and the mod

np buddy, enjoy !

Rah

1.54 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Rebalanced surgery success chance factors. Explained further on page 10 in the forum thread.

Now, a lvl 10 doctor in a sterile room, using normal medicine will have approx 90% chance to succeed for most of the bionic stuff, slightly less than in 1.53. In the original EPOE some unnecessary codes were added and surgery success chance was very low. In the same scenario as above, the doctor would have approx 65% chance of success, or maybe even lower with the exponent factors included.

The surgeries should work as intended now.

grifo

Actually I was cheering up myself too early  :D

It seems like I cant add any Hediffdefs to simulate post-surgery condition at all if I use Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart string in recipes..
It just repairs destroyed body part and it dissapears from Health tab.

If I change it to Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart string, then it starts to recognize Hediffdefs. It stays in health tab and all conditions are simulated properly. This is really frustrating situation. Now I really upset bcz it seems like game allows a lot of action and diversity with artificial body parts but everything about natural body parts is dumbed down and locked!

Do you know something about this? Maybe there is a workaround or I doing something wrong?

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 16, 2017, 06:58:11 PM
Actually I was cheering up myself too early  :D

It seems like I cant add any Hediffdefs to simulate post-surgery condition at all if I use Recipe_InstallNaturalBodyPart string in recipes..
It just repairs destroyed body part and it dissapears from Health tab.

If I change it to Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart string, then it starts to recognize Hediffdefs. It stays in health tab and all conditions are simulated properly. This is really frustrating situation. Now I really upset bcz it seems like game allows a lot of action and diversity with artificial body parts but everything about natural body parts is dumbed down and locked!

Do you know something about this? Maybe there is a workaround or I doing something wrong?

You could probably add some severity strings with stages. I might take a look at it later.

grifo

Quote from: Rah on January 16, 2017, 08:06:08 PM
You could probably add some severity strings with stages. I might take a look at it later.

Yeah, if use install_artificialbodypart recipe (like its some implant or prosthesis) it works fine! Clavicle stays at health tab, stages changing, severety changing, offsets working, labels changing.

But if I change it to install_naturalbodypart as soon as surgery ends, clavicle dissapears from health tab and stuff from hediffdefs doesnt kick in!

I just cant beleive there is no solution for it!

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 16, 2017, 08:30:04 PM
Quote from: Rah on January 16, 2017, 08:06:08 PM

Yeah, if use install_artificialbodypart recipe (like its some implant or prosthesis) it works fine! Clavicle stays at health tab, stages changing, severety changing, offsets working, labels changing.

But if I change it to install_naturalbodypart as soon as surgery ends, clavicle dissapears from health tab and stuff from hediffdefs doesnt kick in!

I just cant beleive there is no solution for it!

I haven't seen what you're trying to mod, but maybe study the names/parent names and see if you can do something there. Good luck with it though, modding can be time consuming sometimes !

Senio

i don't know why i cant update to last new.
now i can use version is  1.5, if update 1.51 or high (1.54) can't load game. :( i don't know how to find error .
sorry  :-[

Rah

Quote from: Senio on January 16, 2017, 09:56:50 PM
now i can use version is  1.5, if update 1.51 or high (1.54) can't load game. :( i don't know how to find error .

Hi Senio, what error message do you get when trying to load? And does it work on a new save game?

Senio

Quote from: Rah on January 17, 2017, 02:17:44 AM
Quote from: Senio on January 16, 2017, 09:56:50 PM

Hi Senio, what error message do you get when trying to load? And does it work on a new save game?

Hi Rah
I think this log can find error .

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Jaw

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Ear

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Nose

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Eye

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Jaw

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Ear

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Nose

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Eye

LoadingVars, pawn: NULL, loadout: NULL

old version is 1.5, update to 1.54