[B18-A17] Sixs' Mod Showcase (News Updated: February 28th, 2018)

Started by Sixdd, June 02, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirsim

Just installed the drill mod and while uranium needs one PDA ta make a drill, copper uses one PDA for infinite times. As a result i am getting infinite copper.
Is this how it should be working ?
Thanks in advance.
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

Sixdd

Not quite sure I follow what you said there. The way it is supposed to work is the PDA is returned after drilling.

Sixdd

Updates incoming:
Industrial Drill Rig
  Fixed the issue with the recipes on the drill not giving back the PDA. All editions now work as intended.

Stuffified Construction
  Fixed Passive Cooler and Campfire giving errors on startup.
  Fixed wrong thing categories being used.

Updates are being rolled out in a few minutes up now.

Sirsim

Quote from: Sixdd on July 03, 2017, 09:36:30 PM
Not quite sure I follow what you said there. The way it is supposed to work is the PDA is returned after drilling.

I meant that uranium consumes one PDA for every drill and i thought that this goes for all metals.
But then i saw that PDA is returned (as you said) when you drill copper.
Is this how drill should work when it drills uranium ?

Sixdd

Yes, there is a new version up though that fixes the uranium drilling. Check the OP.

Sirsim

Quote from: Sixdd on July 04, 2017, 07:03:55 PM
Yes, there is a new version up though that fixes the uranium drilling. Check the OP.

I installed the new version and PDA always returns after an uranium drill as you mentioned.
It looks a bit op though which don't bother me at all.
I thought at first that uranium need PDA for every drill due to his rarity but this was not the case ;)

Sixdd

Yeah the drill is pretty OP, in the future the drill will require Chemfuel to operate.

Napple

Is Stuffified Construction compatible with Fluffy's stuffed floors?

Sixdd

Sixdd

New updates are out for Right Tool for the Job, Stuffified Construction, Cheap Lamps and Industrial Drill Rig.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sixdd on July 08, 2017, 01:02:44 PM
New updates are out for Right Tool for the Job, Stuffified Construction, Cheap Lamps and Industrial Drill Rig.

You got a typo in the main post : it's june 8 for the tool release .. if not for your post, I would have Ignored the update otherwise.

====== EDIT ======

A bad temperature and outside modifier for the drill rig ? .. really ? That made me laugh.

As a real suggestion : instead of rotating the texture of the drill rig, which really looks stupid, why not rotate the acces spot around and keep the rig in it's upright position ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sixdd

The bad temp and outside thing are both leftovers from when I was still learning to make things, I'll fix it in the next update.
As far as the drill rig rotation, I don't know yet how to prevent it from rotating. Do you know of anything in vanilla that doesn't rotate, would help me get it done quicker?

Also thank you for mentioning the date, it's fixed now.

faltonico

Quote from: Sixdd on July 09, 2017, 02:56:44 AM
"..." I don't know yet how to prevent it from rotating. Do you know of anything in vanilla that doesn't rotate, would help me get it done quicker?

Also thank you for mentioning the date, it's fixed now.
I think it is <drawRotated>false</drawRotated> under <graphicData>.

SpaceDorf

faltonico sounds right.
As example I can only think of the original deep drill .. but I don't know the xml :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.