Mods ruined this game for me

Started by iSagan, January 11, 2015, 10:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reolos

Quote from: iSagan on January 11, 2015, 10:37:01 PM
The game isn't fun with them, because you have this relentless feeling of "there is no reason not to get others" while you play. I also feel like I'm just cheating.  But.. the game isn't fun without them. Now, I can't play without an additional colonist and UI tidy up because the game is so slow and I've already reduced it to methodology.  To everyone out there considering them, just don't do it. They have totally disenchanted this game for me and now it has no addictive nature at all.

I will agree that EDB mods are pretty much necessary. I won't play with an additional colonist, but the UI stuff is really nice. The other mods though, while they add flavor and are quite interesting, I don't see how they ruin the game.

What if you challenged yourself to the same map, one playthrough vanilla, one with mods? Compare your results. Do you dig in every map? try building in the open. Do you always build a killbox? Go without on and rely on your colonist and well placed SINGLE turrets.

This game is early alpha, and gets better and better. The mods that you see as necessary will likely become part of the finished game anyways. In Tynan we trust...

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Voqar on January 12, 2015, 11:19:46 PMDo you read the same book twice in a row?  Do you watch the same TV show twice in a row?

Of course. Once to enjoy it. Once to get the bits I missed. Once with the commentaries. Doesn't everyone?