Unable to load in Dx11

Started by Nafensoriel, August 02, 2017, 02:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nafensoriel

So I'm stumped at the moment. Out of 3 PCs all with DX12 rated cards/OS not one seems to be able to run rimworld in dx11 mode with any generation of drivers. The game runs flawlessly in dx9 but the moment you slap a -force-d3d11 flag it pink screens.
I have tried:
1] Driver iterations from the install cd that came with the cards all the way up to the latest drivers for both r9 390s and the gtx 660. (full clean install/ddu every iteration)
2] Clean installing rimworld at least 12 times.
3] Stripping down to absolute bare bones and reinstalling anything that might possibly touch a shader or driver file.

The systems in question are two identical intel platforms on windows 10 with r9 390 8gb cards and a windows 7 box with a gtx660. All three with a freshly downloaded steam edition of rimworld. All three verify in dxdiag that they are in fact on dx12 and dx11 support. I've even loaded up 3 other unity engine games with dx11 functionality to ensure I'm not insane and it does in fact function.

The only "out of the ordinary" thing I see is that rimworld's debug log is:
>> VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)

So at this point I'm open to any ideas. Like I said earlier the game runs fine in dx9 but this one little glitch is bugging me like a puzzle you just need to solve so I'm open to any suggestions to pin it down finally.