[A12] RimBeast(v0.121): Another hive (22/09/15) *Hot fix

Started by rooki1, September 11, 2015, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topper

The meat is useful but shouldnt the bugs drop shells or skin for tailoring/construction?

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

argusthecat

Loving the mod so far.  It adds a good deal of flavor to the world, and the art fits perfectly.

I do agree with the person two comments above me that the insectoids should have some chitin drop when butchered.  I like to link up mods sometimes, and I feel like that would be the perfect stuff to make Ish's Medieval Armor out of.  Good against sharp, shatters to blunt.

TheGentlmen

Hello Lokki,

I've found a bug :)

Under SoundDefs/Pawn_Vox.xml:
  <SoundDef>
    <defName>Pawn_Raptor_Death</defName> 
    <eventNames /> 
    <subSounds>
      <li>
        <grains>
          <li Class="AudioGrain_Folder">

<clipFolderPath>Things/RaptorDeath</clipFolderPath>
          </li>
        </grains>     
        <volumeRange>
          <min>5</min>       
          <max>10</max>
        </volumeRange>     
        <pitchRange>
          <min>0.9311765</min>       
          <max>1.045882</max>
        </pitchRange>     
        <sustainLoop>False</sustainLoop>
      </li>
    </subSounds>
  </SoundDef>

But the audio file is located/called 'Things/Dead'

The soloution is simple, change the file name to 'Things/Death'

-Gentz

«Temple»

At the beginning of the game, theres little walls that are built with Fort Turtle shells, and that's the only thing holding me back from installing and playing with it, and shells shouldn't be usable as cloth(I.E. Shirts pants etc.) and should only be used for armor.(vest helmet etc.)

LustrousWolf

For some reason the Gnawlers when they are on sandbags no one will shoot them, including turrets. Not sure if this is intended or not? But they just sit on the sandbags around my turrets and demolish them whilst the turret and my colonists stand there. They begin to resume shooting immediately when they step off of the sandbags. The big ant creature is fine, they all get shot dead even when on sand bags, just gnawlers that do not get shot.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

starburst98

are the insectoid hive units supposed to be the deadlier cousins of the Megascarab it alludes to in it's description? interesting idea could be that they COULD be tamed but only if you have some megascarabs assigned to the tamer. with more giving you better odds. this is because the megascarabs are emitting a sort 'trust the human' signal into the hivemind, causing the bigger ones to lower their guard.
like they have a massively high 'attack on tame failure' chance that goes down per scarab. so only colonies that can support having a swarm of scarabs around, as in, more late game ones, would have a fair chance of not having their tamer bitten in half.

caboose410

Just wandering is this mod still being updated or did the author move on?

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: caboose410 on November 04, 2015, 07:22:33 PM
Just wandering is this mod still being updated or did the author move on?

Rooki1 tends to update semi-infrequently. If he makes major progress on an update/fix, I'm sure he'll let us know.

FridayBiology

Hey, Rookie doing a new letsplay featuring your Rimbeast mod as the main endgame. Stealing your description text for the letsplay, though email me if you've any issues and i can take it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEU14Ki9OWs
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

henkepro

Hey guys, im stumbling upon a problem where my raptor refuses to go beyond 50% Fertilized egg, have been patiently waiting on it for some ingame time... Need help! Thx

Komyets

I'll give this mod a try and see how it behaves with CombatRealism, I suspect there will be inbalances since you say that a Fort Turtle has immense armor, CR changes, adds and rebalances many stats regarding weapon Armor Piercing, and Armor values in very complex ways, lets hope this doesnt makes Fort Turtle an invulnerable foe.

EDIT: The mod description doesnt specify if RimBeast is compatible with saved games, I enabled this mod on a new game though, havent found the new creatures yet except for an Antis who attacked the colony early on, was easy to defeat.

Still, I reccomend pointing out if this is compatible with already saved games too, could increase the number of downloads :)

Hiztaar

I will say Antis are just outstanding. It replaces Xenomorphs pretty well. I have some very intense battles raging on. Guy that's crazy.  ;D
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

«Temple»

Quote from: Dragoon on October 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
Quote from: Hunter00064 on October 24, 2015, 04:53:32 PM
-snip-
All crocodile skin is is just hardened leather that has a natural form to represent what we call chainmail.
There are crocodile skin boots so why not shell?