My Puppy!!

Started by Riamu, August 22, 2015, 02:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riamu

I just started my first A12 play through and so everything was going amazingly well until *Alarm* my 2nd raid of the game, I had sentries and was locked indoors thinking yeah I'm safe and then it happened...

The 3 evil barbarians went over to the wall and then I saw it... MY PUPPY TERRIER!! :'(

I completely forgot about him... he was only 3 and survived the planet fall only to be beaten over the head with spiked clubs and he made the most horrible sound when he died!

Obviously this is a bit of a joke post :) but after it happened I realized something, if a colonist dies I'm like meh, oh well but as soon as the dog bought it I was livid!! lol I actually cared more about the dog and rage loaded the auto save lol

Has anyone else encountered this with A12?

ComradeKhan

I had quite the opposite experience. I landed with a 6 year old pet she-warg named Tony, and when some raiders came around to cause trouble, one of them thought it would be a good idea to poke at her with his spear.

She ripped off his leg in response.

I love my pet warg.

RemingtonRyder

One of my colonists was attacked by a hare. Downed it, but after rescuing the little guy, discovered it wasn't possible to heal its injuries. It died from blood loss. :(

christhekiller

I've had two puppy deaths. Each time my colonists chased down the fleeing attackers and massacred them all. <3

ItchyFlea

I had my starter husky die during testing.... to a mad squirrel. Thankfully my colonists only knocked the squirrel out and didn't kill it.

I left the squirrel lying there until it died from starvation.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

isistoy

Ahh,
personally anxious of it happening again and again.
when we were testing k9 (which is now obviously a dead mod project), it was the hardest thing to get used to :|
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Fernbhoy

my poor Lab is walking around without a front paw :(

PookyJM

Quote from: Fernbhoy on August 22, 2015, 08:06:04 AM
my poor Lab is walking around without a front paw :(

We totaly need bionic pet !

Riamu

TimTumm

Experiencing more emotional pain from the (fictional or real) death of an animal than a human being is uniquely an American trait.  It might bother you to read this, but it is true. Sorry!

Tynan

Canadians do it too.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Songleaves

Yeah, my dog was also shot to death by raiders because he wouldn't wake up D:

Speaking of which, I wanted to bring up in the bug thread about colonists not waking up when attacked that this applies to all pawns, and that it makes hunting ridiculously easy at nighttime(although sometimes some of them do wake up after being shot, but I'm not sure what determines it).

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Songleaves on August 22, 2015, 06:09:13 PM
Yeah, my dog was also shot to death by raiders because he wouldn't wake up D:

Speaking of which, I wanted to bring up in the bug thread about colonists not waking up when attacked that this applies to all pawns, and that it makes hunting ridiculously easy at nighttime(although sometimes some of them do wake up after being shot, but I'm not sure what determines it).

Hmmm, That makes it seem like hunting a thrumbo at night will be easier...
Claims to know most things.

rdz1122

Is there an upcoming addition to pet behavior control?  I.E. hit "R" with them also, to keep them out of firefights?  They just run into the line of fire; I killed my own elephant in my first raid with him

Riamu

Quote from: TimTumm on August 22, 2015, 04:46:34 PM
Experiencing more emotional pain from the (fictional or real) death of an animal than a human being is uniquely an American trait.  It might bother you to read this, but it is true. Sorry!
Dunno about being uniquely an "American trait" I think any animal lover would cringe at the fact.

Quote from: Tynan on August 22, 2015, 05:52:40 PM
Canadians do it too.
Thanks for a wicked game mate! Enjoy the hols and thanks again for A12 and the many more installments to come!