[A15][WIP] Halo: Outer Rim Operations

Started by litenthadark, November 16, 2016, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litenthadark

Hey there everyone! I am new to the modding community, but am in the process of developing a UNSC/Halo style mod for the game. I already have the MA5B and the M6C in game and working, and am going to start working on armors/clothing next.

I know there was a mod dev back in Alpha 12 who stopped working on his mod for the time being, but I felt I should start from scratch in order to learn the proper way to make a mod, and to say that it's mine.

I am looking for any suggestions/requests from current mod devs or players in order to make the mod better. Anything is helpful. Thanks!

To-Do Before First Release

• UNSC Jumpsuit (GR)
  • UNSC BDU (Forest)
  • UNSC Patrol Cap (GR)
  • UNSC Combat Helmet (GR)
  • UNSC Body Armor (GR)
  • M9 HEDP Grenade
  • M45 Tactical Shotgun
  • SRS99D Sniper Rifle
  • M7 Caseless SMG
  • M247 Machine Gun
  • UNSC Storage Crate
  • UNSC Combat Barrier
  • UNSC Tactical VISR System

WIP Images:

EmpressLexi

Wow, I really love halo and I really CANNOT wait for the for the first release of this mod, good job already~

Keep it up <3

litenthadark

Quote from: EmpressLexi on November 16, 2016, 08:44:54 AM
Wow, I really love halo and I really CANNOT wait for the for the first release of this mod, good job already~

Keep it up <3

Thanks! The weapons were fairly easy once I figured out how to do the first one. I'm probably going to change the pistol model though. Looks funky.

Mr.Cross

:C I miss CBelite's halo mod... I do hope you can do just as well if not better with this.
Claims to know most things.

litenthadark

UPDATE:

• Finished the texturing on the UNSC Jumpsuit. I know it's not too great, but I wanted to get something done quick. I have a friend of mine working on nicer textures :)
    • M6C Pistol texture was changed, as the first one did not have the same style as the MA5B's texture. Looks a million times better now.

More updates to come tomorrow!

[/list]

Smexy_Vampire

will you be incorporating this mod into your own ?

New Misriah Armory
    https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14252.0

i have played with it and it seems like all the guns where fun to use and the other old halo mod with all the armor and spartin augments where fun to use

dyl000

do you plan on adding events and such to go along with the theme, or other factions? Or will you be sticking to the weapon models

litenthadark

Quote from: dyl000 on November 23, 2016, 05:20:01 PM
    do you plan on adding events and such to go along with the theme, or other factions? Or will you be sticking to the weapon models
    Yes. There will be events, occupations, and other factions, including a UNSC Deserter faction.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on November 23, 2016, 07:54:40 AM
    will you be incorporating this mod into your own ?

New Misriah Armory
    https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14252.0

i have played with it and it seems like all the guns where fun to use and the other old halo mod with all the armor and spartin augments where fun to use

Looking over the mod, everything he made was done by hand and looks really good. However, I will be making everything from scratch on my end. I want this mod to be mine, without re-using any assets unless I absolutely have to.

Smexy_Vampire

litenthadark

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 08, 2016, 05:11:30 PM
    any updates to this ?

Been bust with finals D: Will have an update ready sometime in the next week or two