What do you do with the scyther blades?

Started by mattig89ch, January 25, 2018, 01:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashthechinchilla

I just got a caravan request to trade one for a legendary devilstrand jacket. I don't even really want the jacket, but it is a good excuse to go trade my other two while I am there.

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on January 29, 2018, 07:39:21 AM
I just got a caravan request to trade one for a legendary devilstrand jacket. I don't even really want the jacket, but it is a good excuse to go trade my other two while I am there.
I'll take it if you don't want it.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Kiter5

I either sell them or operate on prisoners- attaching them to the prisoners that I don't want to convert- upping the medical skill of my doctor.  (My undesirable prisoners get released with 2 peg legs, dentures, and scyhter blade  hands).

Lemonater47

Quote from: Kiter5 on January 31, 2018, 12:45:02 PM
I either sell them or operate on prisoners- attaching them to the prisoners that I don't want to convert- upping the medical skill of my doctor.  (My undesirable prisoners get released with 2 peg legs, dentures, and scyhter blade  hands).

You do realise there's a chance that released prisoners will return once more in another raid.

So one of your abominations may attack you again.

Dargaron

1: Attach scyther blades to pirate prisoners

2: Release pirate prisoners

3: Laugh as the returning pirate tries to fire an LMG with a spike for a hand

4: ???

5: Profit!

Razzoriel

Quote from: Lemonater47 on January 28, 2018, 01:34:44 PMIt's almost like this character is aiming for the limbs, fingers, ears and such. Rather than simply gutting them then and there.
Once you research into autopsies of knife fights and you see how many wounds those guys get in their limbs compared to their torsos you understand the concept of "defensive wounds". It's not like your guy is aiming there; the enemy is attempting at maximum to keep that blade outside his/her vital organs.

Grubfist

If you have a brawler whose only purpose is combat, it might be worth giving him two. Otherwise, better to sell them. The manipulation loss is extreme. Many trader types will buy them too, so it's pretty easy to offload hem.