[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toob

Hello Skyark!

Thank you so much for the update. After a small test in dev mode i found the manhunter job(it is a job right?) not working properly. Both incomming event animals and animals that want revenge and all with the manhunter status is only moving around regularly and attacking in case they end up in melee combat. I dont get any log messages for it, or atleast no obvious messages, so game might be thinking this is the correct behaviour.

Toob

Should have tested more before I posted. It seems like the "suppression jobs" aren't working as intended either. People dont seem to be hunkering down when shot at by 3 guerilla rifles with full auto. Might still have missed something.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Toob on August 06, 2016, 04:22:22 PM
Hello Skyark!

Thank you so much for the update. After a small test in dev mode i found the manhunter job(it is a job right?) not working properly. Both incomming event animals and animals that want revenge and all with the manhunter status is only moving around regularly and attacking in case they end up in melee combat. I dont get any log messages for it, or atleast no obvious messages, so game might be thinking this is the correct behaviour.

Hello! Fixed and updated. Thanks :)

Quote from: Toob on August 06, 2016, 05:09:18 PM
Should have tested more before I posted. It seems like the "suppression jobs" aren't working as intended either. People dont seem to be hunkering down when shot at by 3 guerilla rifles with full auto. Might still have missed something.

Yep, bcs currently specially disabled due to the constant vine. While, I think how to change it.

Lem Wright

How does this mod interact with other mods that add new weapons? Examples like RT's Weapon Pack, Rimsenal - Ferals, and Glitter Tech?

RetPaladinlol

Has anyone else encountered a bug where you can't reload even though you have the right ammo type? I made a LMG and at first it was shooting fine then when it went to reload it said "Out of ammo", even though I had 300 rounds of the 7.62mm equipped. I even tried equipping all other ammo types I had on hand thinking the LMG is bugged but nothing works.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 06, 2016, 06:31:11 PM
Has anyone else encountered a bug where you can't reload even though you have the right ammo type? I made a LMG and at first it was shooting fine then when it went to reload it said "Out of ammo", even though I had 300 rounds of the 7.62mm equipped. I even tried equipping all other ammo types I had on hand thinking the LMG is bugged but nothing works.

Change type of ammo for reload. Right click on reload button .

Quote from: Lem Wright on August 06, 2016, 06:12:10 PM
How does this mod interact with other mods that add new weapons? Examples like RT's Weapon Pack, Rimsenal - Ferals, and Glitter Tech?

until authors of this mod make compatible version. Far as I know, RT already in progress.

Lockdown

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 06, 2016, 06:31:11 PM

There are two types of 7.62mm ammo: 7.62x51mm NATO, and 7.62x54mmR. The former is used for sniper rifles, the latter for LMGs; ensure your colonist has the correct one in their inventory.

Lem Wright

Is Combat Realism Defense updated?
Is the EPOE and Rimfire patch currently working?

Lockdown

Quote from: Lem Wright on August 06, 2016, 07:40:10 PM
Is Combat Realism Defense updated?
Is the EPOE and Rimfire patch currently working?

I updated CR Defense for A14 a few days ago: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vkd574a4z7cwanz/CombatRealism+Defence.zip
It should be compatible with all future versions of CR for A14, unless features are changed that impact the added turrets.

The CR-EPOE patch from A13 should still be valid for A14 from what I can see, but I'm not 100% sure.

Jalordon

Tried testing the latest version 1.6.7.1 and encountered the following still:

-Molotovs and incendiary mortars now make fire but cause a constantly logged error after detonation. FPS drops really low if a few are detonated.
-Haven't figured out how to reproduce it but a bug occurred in your original release and the current release. Mortar occasionally bugs out and when it fires an error is logged and no shell is fired. from output_log:

Bullet_81mmMortarShell_HE73699 tried to register out of bounds at (-2147483648, 0, -2147483648). Destroying.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Tried to get valid region out of bounds at (-2147483648, 0, -2147483648)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Bullet_81mmMortarShell_HE73699 tried to de-register out of bounds at (-2147483648, 0, -2147483648)

-Not sure if its a bug or just the consequence of having a lot of projectiles generated with HE mortar shells deonating but theres a dramatic fps drop when they do so. Not sure if this is just inevitable.
-Shotguns still produce a casing per projectile shot, try shooting buckshot or birdshot to see a ton of casings produced per shot.
-Still can't target ground with mortars, requiring a pawn or structure to target.
-Turrets still log errors every tick as soon as they have ammo and log an additional error every tick when a target is in range. Unsure if you touched on it with your latest patch.

Lem Wright

Hunting appears to bug out. When they first had ammo, they hunted just fine. They didn't actually kill anything, but they tried to hunt just fine. Once they had to reload, it all went to hell, and now they won't hunt at all. I can't even get them to manually reload, despite over a thousand rounds of ammo sitting right next to them. They're using Sniper Rifles with 7.62x54mmR cartridge (FMJ), and it worked fine originally. I can't have them reload undrafted. I can't have them do it drafted. Assigning a uniform/loadout does nothing. Having them drop the weapons and ammo and pick them back up does nothing.

I'm not sure if this is an actual bug, or if I'm screwing up on my end, or what. It worked originally, with that exact ammo and weapon combo, and now it doesn't.

Do I have the ammo wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

skyarkhangel

Updated 1.6.7.3:
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism/releases
I think finally fixed incendiary (filth) bug
Add new molotov's animation.
Mortars can target any location.
Some other changes.

About "dramatic fps loss". I plan to reduce the number of fragments about ~3-4 times, instead increase the strength. At the moment some of HE bombs spread on detonation about ~400-500 fragments.

Vek17

Just want to say I really appreciate the effort you are putting into getting this mod running again.

Jalordon

Tested the latest version.

Good things:

-Molotov and incendiary no longer cause errors or hella fps drop after a few are detonated.
-Shot a bear and it got properly pissed and chased the colonist instead of bumbling around with the manhunter status (it's working).
-Mortar worked to target ground.
-Turrets work, no errors at all.

Stuff that's still to go, not sure what the "Some other changes" was so may be repeating stuff that wasn't addressed yet:

-When force targeting for the mortar it shows the icon of a charge rifle alongside the mouse cursor. Does not impair functionality of the mortar but it just looks weird.
-Shotgun still spews a casing for each projectile shot.
-Mortar still occasionally bugs out and errors on firing and doesn't actually shoot a shell. Still not sure how to get a consistent reproduction.

Rad work getting this working.

edit, few more issues found:

-Forced fire functionality is possibly bugged; after setting a target for force fire for either a turret or mortar, the firing entity will not respond to cancel force fire to cancel the shot or to a second force fire action for a different target until the firing piece shoots (The turret/mortar has to shoot before it will respond to canceling or for a different target to force fire at).

-Also noticed that mortar shell's speed varies based on distance, is this intended to simulate a steeper arc for more air time or should mortar shells have a consistent speed? Firing at minimum range has a really slow shell while shooting with a mortar at one corner of the map to the other corner has a much faster shell. (Feels REALLY slow though at short range so even if that is the case it probably should go faster)

Lockdown

Quote from: Jalordon on August 06, 2016, 11:33:16 PM
-Forced fire functionality is possibly bugged; after setting a target for force fire for either a turret or mortar, the firing entity will not respond to cancel force fire to cancel the shot or to a second force fire action for a different target until the firing piece shoots (The turret/mortar has to shoot before it will respond to canceling or for a different target to force fire at).

-Also noticed that mortar shell's speed varies based on distance, is this intended to simulate a steeper arc for more air time or should mortar shells have a consistent speed? Firing at minimum range has a really slow shell while shooting with a mortar at one corner of the map to the other corner has a much faster shell. (Feels REALLY slow though at short range so even if that is the case it probably should go faster)

Both of those were present in A13 if I recall correctly. I'd certainly prefer if Cancel Force-Fire actually got auto-turrets/mortars to stop their current firing cycle, though!