[M|0.7.581] double input on each clic

Started by Teovald, October 02, 2014, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teovald

I am reporting this bug for alpha 7, but it was already present in alpha 6.
Each click appears to count as double on MacOsX, meaning that for example, each time I try to build something, I get an 'identical blueprint already exists here' warning, coupled with an error sound.
It is not a game breaking bug, but it is very unnerving to hear this error sound every time you click.

Tynan

Yeah, this is a known issue and I've gone to hell and back trying to fix it. I can never find a fix that doesn't break something else. Seems to be a Mac Unity bug, unfortunately.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mystic

Oh, that's what is causing all of the "identical blueprint" messages I see? Hmm. I didn't even realize that was a bug, even though it is a bit of an irritation.

Teovald

Now, it also causes task priority to jump two by two : 4 - 2 - 0 - 3 - 1 - 4. 
If we did not have an odd number of priorities, that part would be totally broken :(
It looks like the situation is getting worse, I don't remember encountering the priority issue in previous updates. 

Quote from: Tynan on October 02, 2014, 07:39:19 PM
Yeah, this is a known issue and I've gone to hell and back trying to fix it. I can never find a fix that doesn't break something else. Seems to be a Mac Unity bug, unfortunately.
That's too bad, those are the worse bugs. I hope you (or the Unity guys) will find a fix.

Mystic

Quote from: Teovald on October 04, 2014, 04:34:10 AM
Now, it also causes task priority to jump two by two : 4 - 2 - 0 - 3 - 1 - 4. 
If we did not have an odd number of priorities, that part would be totally broken :(
It looks like the situation is getting worse, I don't remember encountering the priority issue in previous updates. 

I can confirm that the priority changed in exactly that same weird order in A6 ... it's not new to A7.  Until now I'd thought it must have been intentionally programmed that way, although I'd had no idea why.  This is an eye-opener for me.