How much food do colonists consume?

Started by Fruit loops, October 30, 2014, 11:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruit loops

So I basically copy and pasted this from one of my older posts  and I cut certain parts of it off because the post was on "safe rooms"

I figured out the amount of food colonists eat from nutrient paste dispensers

I still don't know about the lavish, fine and simple meals and how much food colonist consume ( amount of food units it costs per meal )

considering the raspberries Produce less per yield and might need more to cook and meal and how large of a growing zone it takes to feed x amount of colonists for a week or a month or having a back up supplies incase of an eclipse or a blight all the things to consider to have a safe amount of food. or even animal how much meat they produce and how many a week would you have to kill it goes on forever and ever and I think this would be a good place to stop and figure all this stuff, because I for one have lost colonies because of food 3 or 4 year old colonies for that matter.

I did math and all that crap to figure this out so here it go's (it could be off by a little bit just bring enough for another meal) So your colonists eat every 22 hours (that may seem off but I tested it) so essentially once every day that last 2 hours can kill you so instead of them eating 7 times a week they do it 8 times a week so 8 meals for a colonist a week so every 10 colonists its 80 meals a week 20 is 160 a week so on and so on, every meal for a nutrient paste dispenser is 10 potatoes (not with the research upgrade) so that's 80 potatoes a week for a single colonist so 800 potatoes a week for ten colonists and 1600 for 20 colonists and so on and so on, mechonoids have one flaw they don't eat so they will starve to death with 800 health that takes a while I put a mech inside room with no way out (I kept making the border biger and biger cause they melee threw the walls) after the first week it had starved 150 hp away (5 every 3 hours) so if I am right they should starve within a month, so there you have it you have to have enough supplies for a month here is the calculations
1 colonist: 320 a month
10 colonists: 3200 a month
20 colonists: 6400 a month

The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

indiecosmic

I actually made a mod to make it easier to keep track of this stuff.
Extended History

Fruit loops

Welp put me to shame.. xD thanks for pointing that out
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.