[Mod Request] Let us be spellcaster!

Started by Sempie, July 14, 2015, 06:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sempie

Magic is awesome, so why not let our people be spellcaster?

I'm thinking of the generic mages everyone knows from RPGs. Person got mana to use for casting, mana regenerates over time or by consuming specific thinks and so on.
Regeneration is slow in ugly areas and fastest while sleeping.

There could be several classes of spells, like damagecasting (fireball, lightning,..), buffing (healing, increasing armor,...), casting on machinery(increase productivity of a machine while casting, instant reload current,...) which requiere an wand or robe to be equiped like :

Enlightening Wand

• +7 damagecasting  (skill increasing)
  • -4 mana per shot
  • Fires a Fireball towards the enemie
Healers Robe

• +0.9 hp/s for mates within 7 meters
  • -0.5 mana/s per person in healing-range
Telekinetic Headgear

• User cannot move while using
  • Gives ability to move items within 10meters at (depending on skill) XY speed
  • Ability to throw stuff at enemies. Damage depends on skill and density(calculated by hitpoints/decay) of the item.
... some stats just like weapons and armor

There could be generall skills for that like:
- Damagecasting
- Buffing
- Telekinetic

Also there Could be "general" spells which don't require a specific skill but the ability to cast at all.
Like ilumination, teleportation (max range depents on max mana), moving through walls (mana costs are equivalent to walls density), letting plants grow faster,...

Casting a spell would work like this:
While a mage is selected, there's a "casting" button beside the "constructing"-button. (correct name? playing in german language...) After klicking on this, User can select a spell and klicks on the target. the mage then moves towards the target until it is in range and casts the spell then. Menu stays open until another one gets selected or the mage is de-selected.

Manavalue could be calculated by
(Damagecasting * Buffing * Telekinetic) / 3 + (Highest of the mageskills)

Ability to cast spells require to be of a specific class like Mage/Herbalist or so.
Amount of mana should have impact in mood.

Mages could have positiv or negativ effect on the moode of specific people (soldiers love it to have mages on their side while aristocrates don't)

Well, I think this would be a lot of affort to do.
I'm a professional programmer but never moddet a game and don't have the time to do such a project in my sparetime. If some experienced modder would like to implement this idea, I'd love to assist.