[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

For the well that makes sense :)  For the Quarry, I'm not really suggesting it require a 12x12 patch of rock to be placed on, just that you check a radius around the plot for some amount of rock tiles, maybe within a radius of 15 tiles or something, to model significant stone being near enough the surface to dig out.

Also I have a couple of joy activity ideas for you:
- Build Sandcastle (on sand, basically steal the code for Build Snowman)
- Swimming and/or Bathing, which would make a colonist clean if the water is clean, or dirty if the water is mud/marsh
- Whittling, requires a sharp melee weapon and a log, results in some knicknack or figurine or something

e: - A Bathtub, basically like a sink but two tiles, and the colonist would linger at it a bit

cuproPanda

Quote from: Kaballah on May 02, 2016, 06:43:04 PM
For the well that makes sense :)  For the Quarry, I'm not really suggesting it require a 12x12 patch of rock to be placed on, just that you check a radius around the plot for some amount of rock tiles, maybe within a radius of 15 tiles or something, to model significant stone being near enough the surface to dig out.

Also I have a couple of joy activity ideas for you:
- Build Sandcastle (on sand, basically steal the code for Build Snowman)
- Swimming and/or Bathing, which would make a colonist clean if the water is clean, or dirty if the water is mud/marsh
- Whittling, requires a sharp melee weapon and a log, results in some knicknack or figurine or something

e: - A Bathtub, basically like a sink but two tiles, and the colonist would linger at it a bit
The quarry being within a radius of rock makes sense. I'll keep it in mind.
Honestly, I feel like AJO is getting rather bloated. I do like the sandcastle idea, since snow isn't found in deserts. Swimming and bathing is a good idea, and whittling would be good for early colonies.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Kaballah

- Hot Tub, which would be both for bathing and a gather spot, and I guess a party spot too :)

e: Steal Latta's duct code and adapt it to pipes, to carry water from the well to everything else

theorial

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for including version numbers in your mods (the folder names). I usually do this myself to other mods to keep track of what versions I have installed. Anyway, great mod and good logical use of folder names.

Kaballah

Apparently if you have a Cargo Pods event and it drops your Grilled Meal (wood), and the research topic has not been completed yet, this happens:

cuproPanda

Quote from: Kaballah on May 05, 2016, 05:53:53 AM
Apparently if you have a Cargo Pods event and it drops your Grilled Meal (wood), and the research topic has not been completed yet, this happens:
-img-

Fixed in v2.03. The missing object references aren't from any of my mods, though.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Bitterholz

Im sorry, but how am i supposed to place a quarry in QRY v1.20?
I cant place it at all on the ground. It only shows blocked overlay, trying to place it on undiscovered Rocks...

Youre talking about it requiring a 12x12 patch of rock...define rock.
Rocky ground or actual rocks that could be mined.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Bitterholz on May 05, 2016, 09:58:19 PM
Im sorry, but how am i supposed to place a quarry in QRY v1.20?
I cant place it at all on the ground. It only shows blocked overlay, trying to place it on undiscovered Rocks...

Youre talking about it requiring a 12x12 patch of rock...define rock.
Rocky ground or actual rocks that could be mined.
Nope, it's anywhere that has flat terrain and supports heavy things: dirt, gravel, rough stone, etc. If you can build a 12x12 wall on it, you can build a quarry on it.

Bitterholz

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 05, 2016, 10:29:04 PM
Nope, it's anywhere that has flat terrain and supports heavy things: dirt, gravel, rough stone, etc. If you can build a 12x12 wall on it, you can build a quarry on it.
Might be a Download failure then...because im not getting ANY building possibility displayed...

Kaballah

cuproPanda

Also, you can only place one per map. At roughly 300 cubic meters worth of dirt, it's safe to say colonists wouldn't want to build more than one.

Nanao-kun

The pylons and lamps in Powerless are pretty expensive. By the time I can spare a half dozen or so thousand silver to light my base up, I'd have it filled with normal lamps instead.

Kaballah

Yeah I agree the 100 silver requirement is a real roadblock to me using those very much.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 07, 2016, 09:21:58 PM
The pylons and lamps in Powerless are pretty expensive. By the time I can spare a half dozen or so thousand silver to light my base up, I'd have it filled with normal lamps instead.
Quote from: Kaballah on May 07, 2016, 10:17:33 PM
Yeah I agree the 100 silver requirement is a real roadblock to me using those very much.
I also agree. I cut the costs in half in v2.04

Grynnreaper

I am getting this error from the output log after noticing the brainmods stopped having info in the inspect window, it also blanked out everything below it in an exotic goods traders inventory and the buttons were all gone lol -edit : sorry the weird part is they were working fine at least 20-30 minutes prior.

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_Trade: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BrainMod.BrainMod.get_LabelBase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Tradeable.get_Label () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeUI.DrawTradeableRow (Rect rect, RimWorld.Tradeable trad, Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade.FillMainRect (Rect mainRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey20A.<>m__14F (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 398)

and this one

Exception doing inspect pane: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BrainMod.BrainMod.get_LabelBase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.get_Label () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.get_LabelCap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.AdjustedLabelFor (IEnumerable`1 selected, Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)