Bringing back some old gameplay features....

Started by Lothar, November 10, 2013, 01:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothar

I do not know how many people have access to the old prototype models of Rim World but i was playing the old Eclipse v177 i think it is and Tynan had in there a air making machine and it is required for rooms and stuff for your people to breath oxygen and such. Also he had air containers that would store any air you had been able to produce. I personally think this should be added back into the game because what are the chances of you landing on a habitable planet? very, very, very slim, it also adds another aspect of the game making it a bit harder for those who want a challenging experience. That is just my two cents what do guys and gals think?

mumblemumble

Although its interesting, it seems a bit TOO micro management. You already need to keep things repaired, keep them fed, keep them defended, manage trading, fighting, remodeling, keeping your cronies happy (or scared) enough to stay in line, and all sorts of other stuff. I think adding in oxygen would break the camels back, so to speak, the reason it works in FTL is oxygen repairing is free, and for the most part running out of it is USUALLY self inflicted by trying to suffocate fires / intruders.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

starlight

Quote from: Lothar on November 10, 2013, 01:48:19 AM
I do not know how many people have access to the old prototype models of Rim World but i was playing the old Eclipse v177 i think it is and Tynan had in there a air making machine and it is required for rooms and stuff for your people to breath oxygen and such. Also he had air containers that would store any air you had been able to produce. I personally think this should be added back into the game because what are the chances of you landing on a habitable planet? very, very, very slim, it also adds another aspect of the game making it a bit harder for those who want a challenging experience. That is just my two cents what do guys and gals think?

I like the idea of oxygen and other complications. However, i think they would have been removed for a reason.

I would like these to be added back as an option. Will help create a challenge for more advanced players.
Over time, this would be part of the biomes features as discussed in the forums: less/more of:
1. Wildlife
2. Vegetation
3. Hostility
4. Resources
etc

Lothar

Mumble i would have to disagree. I was playing the old build (even though i couldn't figure out how to get the oxygen to the rooms) and it only cost me a little bit extra metal and maybe took  two seconds away from a normal play through for me and what i would normally do. I don't know for me it adds to the immersion to the game and  realism which is something I am big on.

Amaror

Pretty much what Starlight said.
It should be an option, but not forced.

Lothar

I could agree to it being an option because i know not everyone will want to play with that.