[MOD] (Alpha 10) Door Control (v1.4 - Updated 09.05.2015)

Started by Temeez, January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Temeez

re1wind

Quote from: Igabod on January 06, 2015, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: john pretzel on January 06, 2015, 10:12:03 PM
Anyone thinking about frying raiders, this is your chance, apparently  ::)

Let them in.... close the door.... heat the place.... and... (figure out the rest)  ;D

It's better to freeze them. Don't wanna set their valuable gear on fire now do you?
[/quote

Finally, i can make that freezer killbox i've always wanted to. I wonder how well, or badly, it would (or wouldn't) work with 30+ raiders...  hmm. I wonder how feasible it is to freeze or melt them robots with such a trap...

john pretzel

You might need to make a loooong path for the effects to work on them, before they reach a door and destroy it.  :)

Igabod

freezer traps are best used on friendly visitors. What you do is build a table in a room with a strong door and walls close to the entrance to your base. Visitors will then use that table to eat once they get hungry. Lock the doors once they are inside and just allow your colonists to repair the damage done if the visitors freak out. It doesn't take long to kill them if you have the room cold enough. They'll die, their faction won't know it's cause you locked the doors so they won't be mad at you. And you get their gear for free. To work on raiders you would need the walls to be double thick at least and have a colonist dedicated to repairing the door. But it still doesn't take long to kill them if you get the room cold enough. Takes longer if they happen to be wearing parkas already, but it's still doable.

kic

I just registered to say thanks for this mod. So, thanks!

I was looking this morning into what it would take to make this very mod (at least the "lock open" portion), so I'm glad someone else did it! :D

Evul

Hand

Nice mod Temeez this will help a lot with making my kill zones work without losing loads of doors each attack.

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on January 07, 2015, 10:41:49 AM
ok, whe have a door of ice and fire, now wait of dragon :)
desired mod :D

when you play the game of Pawns you win or you die.. :P

RemingtonRyder

Just started using this mod today. It's great! Now I can leave those heavy granite doors open to let my colonists get in and out of the base faster. :)

OmegariusWolf

Is it possible to create a "White list\Black list" system so pawns will be able to use some doors but not others?
Just to prevent my colonists from going far from the main base and leaving work unattended. like my doctor decided to go to the far edge of the map and getting himself shot wile theres people to heal in the med-bay.

NeoGambit

I love the idea behind this mod, however if you can figure out how to fix my dilemma, I would be grateful.
I built a large no-roof prison area, with individual rooms with beds inside.  I was hoping to have this setup to alleviate the "shared room" and "cabin fever" debuffs on my prisoners.  I was hoping that if I just left the room doors open, they would walk outside freely and mill around, then return to their rooms when they were tired.  For some reason, they just won't pass that threshold between the indoors and outside.  I don't know much about programming, but I fear this might be something ingrained in the prisoner AI, and has nothing to do with the mod itself.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, and thank you again for the work you do.

OmegariusWolf

Quote from: NeoGambit on January 23, 2015, 01:44:35 AM
I love the idea behind this mod, however if you can figure out how to fix my dilemma, I would be grateful.
I built a large no-roof prison area, with individual rooms with beds inside.  I was hoping to have this setup to alleviate the "shared room" and "cabin fever" debuffs on my prisoners.  I was hoping that if I just left the room doors open, they would walk outside freely and mill around, then return to their rooms when they were tired.  For some reason, they just won't pass that threshold between the indoors and outside.  I don't know much about programming, but I fear this might be something ingrained in the prisoner AI, and has nothing to do with the mod itself.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, and thank you again for the work you do.

I kinda had the same problem, it seems that the problem is that the area outside the room isn't considered prison area, to work around this just build a medical bed outside and declare it as "prisoner bed". It worked for my slave control area.

Sion

Quote from: Temeez on January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM
Features
- Toggle pawn door (keep door open until pawn goes through it (can be cancelled))

Can you make a option so the door stays open untill eighter the same pawn passes it again or untill any pawn passes it again?

Why?
Lets say that you have a room with a single door where you know that the pawn will enter and exit rapidly (eg. your central storage area), then you don't want the pawn to waist valuable time with opening and closing doors, just in & grab the stuff & out again, then close the door.

Thanks!
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Nirahiel

Quote from: Sion on January 27, 2015, 05:26:53 PM
Quote from: Temeez on January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM
Features
- Toggle pawn door (keep door open until pawn goes through it (can be cancelled))

Can you make a option so the door stays open untill eighter the same pawn passes it again or untill any pawn passes it again?

Why?
Lets say that you have a room with a single door where you know that the pawn will enter and exit rapidly (eg. your central storage area), then you don't want the pawn to waist valuable time with opening and closing doors, just in & grab the stuff & out again, then close the door.

Thanks!
Or yet better, a kind of toggle door.
It's closed, counter to 0. When a pawn passes through it, it opens, counter++
If the same pawn passes again, counter--
If it's another pawn, counter++
if counter == 0, close the door.
Would allow things like a door to a storage, if one pawns comes in, he opens the door and then closes it when he leaves.
If several pawns goes through the door, usually the last one exiting will close the door. (Eventually a button to force reset the counter to 0)

Sion

Very good idea Nirahiel, I was thinking about something like that, but I couldn't express it in words.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Kazuto Kirigaya

I am highly unstable.