[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Quote from: twoski on January 07, 2017, 10:55:56 AM
Uhh dude... You never asked me if you could use my mental breaks in your mod (not that i remember anyways - if you did PM me then i don't see it in my inbox anywhere).

If you haven't actually used any of my code then that's fine. But someone pointed this out to me so i figured i would check and see.

I was requested to fold it into my mod because you hadn't updated it for A15 in quite some time, so I obliged. I did look at the code from your assembly, but it was so incompatible with A16 I ended up redoing it myself pretty much, and I tweaked many of the specifics because I didn't like how they worked (e.g., pawns on an Abuse break will no longer randomly break up with their partner, that's left up to the social system as a result of all the insults and slights, pawns on a Tantrum break bruise their fists when they're hitting something instead of when they start the break, pawns on a Self-harm break cut both their hands and arms at random intervals through the break instead of at the start, many of the breaks were modified to give a Catharsis thought at the end, and so on). That's why I just listed you as "idea credit," since the break ideas were yours but I implemented them into my mod differently. Loved the Meltdown mod by the way.

Quote from: sidfu on January 07, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
figured it out this error
Could not cast Pawn to PsychologyPawn.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Psychology.Detour._PawnGenerator:_GenerateTraits(Pawn, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DoGenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.Faction:GenerateNewLeader()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:GenerateFactionsIntoWorld(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__527()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

when using hardcore sk is caused by psychology option to have sexuality changes so it disables the gay trait. if u go into options and renable the gay trait the error is gone.

from rhyssia on hardcore sk thread

Ok in Core_SK  it is...
AlienPawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn
AlienPawnGenerator.IsValidCandidateToRedress
They try to pull::::   get_AllowGay() : Boolean
That error is because the alien pawns are AlienPawns and not PsychologyPawns, yes, so they don't have a sexuality tracker. It's a benign error that won't actually affect the game.

Quote from: Shakes on January 07, 2017, 06:09:45 PM
Quote from: Psychology on January 07, 2017, 08:00:48 AM
Staying in tantrum mode after passing out is intentional, yes. The extreme mental breaks from the vanilla game are like that. They have to go away on their own.

The extreme breaks in the base game (according to the wiki) are berserk and fire starting spree, both of which I've never seen last through a colonist passing out, much less two ... are you sure this is correct?

If you don't want your pawn trashing your stuff, either arrest them or set them to be euthanized so they are anesthetized, and then cancel it.

There was no option to arrest (maybe a bug?), and I was playing a start with nothing scenario so unfortunately had no medicine yet.

Alternatively, just let them destroy it and rebuild it.

Yeah, in retrospect that would have been more pawn time efficient, but loss aversion is a thing. :)

You have to draft a pawn and select them to use them to arrest another pawn. And yes, they have this tag: <recoverFromSleep>true</recoverFromSleep> I just copied it from the original breaks. The lesser mental breaks without that tag do not last through sleep.

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 07, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
Possible bug: When a prisoner throws a tantrum, there is no option to melee attack them when right clicking them, so the only way to subdue them as such is to shoot them, which carries a significant risk of killing them.

Other than that, great mod!
You can also arrest or anesthetize them.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-7 v4 to fix some of the bugs reported today.

sidfu

after latest higs lib update im getting this from psychology not sure if its bad or not

[HugsLib] Psychology caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.PsychologyBase.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:Initalize()
HugsLib.Core.UnityProxyComponent:Start()

System.Linq

That's probably bad but I'll need to know more about the effect of it to diagnose the cause.

sidfu

Quote from: Psychology on January 08, 2017, 06:12:52 AM
That's probably bad but I'll need to know more about the effect of it to diagnose the cause.

well ingame i havent noticed anything bad. the other mods i have for higs dont have that error so it only came up after one of your recent bug fixes.

twoski

Quote from: Psychology on January 07, 2017, 07:46:35 PM
I was requested to fold it into my mod because you hadn't updated it for A15 in quite some time, so I obliged. I did look at the code from your assembly, but it was so incompatible with A16 I ended up redoing it myself pretty much, and I tweaked many of the specifics because I didn't like how they worked (e.g., pawns on an Abuse break will no longer randomly break up with their partner, that's left up to the social system as a result of all the insults and slights, pawns on a Tantrum break bruise their fists when they're hitting something instead of when they start the break, pawns on a Self-harm break cut both their hands and arms at random intervals through the break instead of at the start, many of the breaks were modified to give a Catharsis thought at the end, and so on). That's why I just listed you as "idea credit," since the break ideas were yours but I implemented them into my mod differently. Loved the Meltdown mod by the way.

Ah, my bad then. The person who pointed this out to me was talking like you had stolen everything verbatim without giving credit. I try to make all my stuff open source because i generally don't care if people reuse my stuff, as long as they contact me.

System.Linq

People tend to talk out of their ass, especially when they think they can engender controversy. It's fine. I was a big fan of your mod, and I wouldn't want to step on your toes. I figured crediting you for all of the original mental breaks would be enough (you can see it in the mod description). I'll definitely send you a message next time, if there is a next time.

Garlic88

Hi. I'm a big fan of the mod. I like how anxiety is a health condition, rather than a trait, like its a mental illness. It would be cool to have a few more mental disorders as health conditions, that require treatment, and occasionally relapse.

Eg. Bipolar
When stable all is fine.
When high, bonus to move, mood and work speed, but maybe if you can code it something to indicate a lack of control in the activities, like will switch activity every hour and cant be manually reassigned or something... if this is possible to code.
When low reduced speed, mood, work speed, more vulnerable to non-violent mental breaks and self harm.

I guess these could be quite hard to code, but as I work in the field of mental health I can see theres a lot of potential for it to be fairly represented in this game. Better than the simplistic "OMG i'm going crazy and killing everyone" idea of mental health that's currently depicted in the game.

Kyna Tiona

So I think I might be a day or so out of date, so this might have been fixed already, but:

I honestly find it utterly hilarious that scythers can even get infection, I would've expected it to automatically remove itself~

System.Linq

Quote from: Caraise Link on January 09, 2017, 05:14:31 AM
So I think I might be a day or so out of date, so this might have been fixed already, but:

I honestly find it utterly hilarious that scythers can even get infection, I would've expected it to automatically remove itself~

I think you posted in the wrong thread again and yes, that's been fixed.

Kyna Tiona

Quote from: Psychology on January 09, 2017, 05:40:04 AM
I think you posted in the wrong thread again

Dammit. Sorry, not sure why I'm bad about this lately...

System.Linq

Quote from: Caraise Link on January 09, 2017, 05:53:32 AM

No problem, my threads could always use the bump!

sidfu

had psyclogy prevent a raid from poping last nite.  im a idot cause i copied it to a word document and forgot to save it before i shut my computer down for nite :(.

System.Linq

Well, let me know if you reproduce it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Caraise Link on January 09, 2017, 05:53:32 AM
Quote from: Psychology on January 09, 2017, 05:40:04 AM
I think you posted in the wrong thread again

LOL, know the feeling. I had a week long string of doing that crap in the DF forums about a year ago.