Pirate King DLC

Started by Chaonic, May 09, 2024, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaonic

I've always eyed the name in game type DLCs of Rimworld whenever I'd get into the game again and I've always told myself I'd get those eventually for my girlfriend and I whenever we'd be super into it again and I have some money to spare without having to cut corners somewhere else.

Realizing that the packs didn't simply get merged and were instead removed gives me a fair bit of fomo. But I feel even worse that I never got this upgrade for my girlfriend, since this is her favorite game ever and I introduced her to it.

I don't know where to go with these feelings. I guess I just hope I'm heard in that it would have meant a lot for me to give at least her the opportunity to be immortalized in the game in that capacity.

I'm also not saying that from a purely selfish perspective, either, I DID want to give that extra money for developing the game with such dedication as opposed to moving on to greener pastures.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm sad. I feel like even my words of appreciation for all the experiences so far are now tainted because I should have shown that appreciation much sooner and of course now that the chance has passed do I want it more urgently.

There's probably a whole bunch of reasons why updating and maintaining that database has become less worth the effort considering all the extra DLCs we've gotten over the years.

Ultimately the experiences we make with the characters we grow to love are worth more than our name slapped on one we barely get to see. But.. I still wish I could have given her this, even if she's embarrassed at the idea of it.

Please consider giving us another chance for this?