more info on factions on world map

Started by dakenho, February 19, 2017, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakenho

there should be more information about factions on the world map, if i click on a settlement there should be a bit of text that shows my current standing with that faction

SpaceDorf

How about a small list on the top left, like the where the colony inventory is ..

Faction-Icon [Number of Locations in Brackets] ( in Faction Colors )  - Faction Name [ actual value of standing in Brackets ] ( colored according to standing )

Just like the Faction overview :)

Also visible after world-gen when looking for a landing site.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Barazen

Actually, i wpuld prefer if you didnt know where factions or their settlements were until you find them. Except maybe tribal starts knowing one or two near their spawn?
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Barazen on February 21, 2017, 01:27:11 AM
Actually, i wpuld prefer if you didnt know where factions or their settlements were until you find them. Except maybe tribal starts knowing one or two near their spawn?

I would like that too, then the number next to the faction symbol represents the number of locations you have found.

Or one use for silver .. you could buy locations from traders.
( and I choose not to suggest "questioning" prisoners" )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

malloc

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 21, 2017, 01:53:14 AM
( and I choose not to suggest "questioning" prisoners" )

They should be allowed to 'question' prisoners for the locations with a success/fail based on the social skill of the pawn.  You just don't know if it was a success or pass until you send a caravan to the map location ... Town, Ambush or Tumbleweeds ...