[A16] Screen resolution changes on game reload

Started by threephi, March 12, 2017, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threephi

Every time I open a new game or load a saved game on my 4K laptop, the screen resolution gets changed smaller when the UI scaling is set above 1x.  The UI scale setting is not changed however, resulting in a super-large UI on an undesirable resolution.

At 4K screen resolution, the UI is far too small to be legible at 1x, so I have the UI scaling set to 2x.  There is no issue when playing the game with that setting.  The problem comes when I relaunch the game on the next session.  The welcome screen opens at the previous settings, but when I load a saved game, as soon as the launch process hits the "Loading" message (or if starting a new game, "generating map"), the resolution is reduced.

This reduction seems proportional to the UI scaling setting:

If the UI scaling is set to 1x, the screen resolution does not change (3840x2160).
If the UI scaling is set to 1.25x, the screen resolution is changed to 3072x1782.
If the UI scaling is set to 1.5x, the screen resolution is changed to 2560x1440
If the UI scaling is set to 1.75x, the screen resolution is changed to 2194x1234.
If the UI scaling is set to 2x, the screen resolution is changed to 1980x1080.

As I mentioned, when this happens the UI scaling setting is not changed, so the user experience is to be greeted with a monster-sized UI that can't be fully used.  The expected behavior is of course that the screen resolution stays where I left it and does not changed based on the UI scale setting.  Having to reset the resolution every time I play on my laptop is a nuisance.

The game itself is fantastic however :D

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. This is a known issue that has been reported several times, and which should be fixed for A17.

I will close this thread now as a duplicate/resolved.