[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poebe

You cant shoot through embrasures unless you are three tiles away, is this intended or a glitch? Im using ED embrasures

AllenWL

The bills for crafting ammo does not seem to appear in my machining bench.
I have the newest combat realism.
I tried getting rid of all other weapon mods, and tried using dev mode to unlock all research, and still got no crafting bills for ammo.

Also, anyone know a gun mod compatible with combat realism that doesn't add 20-something guns? I want to be able to use all the ammo, or at least the high-caliber ones, but the only combat-realism compatible weapon mod I found, rimfire, also adds like 8 different pistols and 12 different rifles, and I'm not sure I like all that.

nakie

Quote from: st james jack john on April 28, 2016, 12:13:38 PM
Still not getting the reload option and colonists wont reload their weapons even though i have the ammo in the stockpile.
Try loading CCL immediately after CORE, even before EdB Mod Order. This worked for me

CORE
CCL
EdB Mod Order
CCL vanilla tweaks
CR Core

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Krutchen on April 28, 2016, 07:14:17 PM
I hope NoImage doesn't mind me trying to contribute, hopefully you will all find bows a bit more useful.

Not at all. Having people contribute their own work and building on top of others is the entire principle behind modding, it would be silly to feel offended by it.

Quote from: crusader2010 on April 28, 2016, 07:37:13 PM
Is it possible to make an optional "patch" to remove the need to craft ammo?
I mean, what do I have to change (in the defs?) such that all weapons have infinite ammo by default (and possibly disable ammo crafting)?

Removing the ammo set from CompAmmoUser should make a gun use infinite ammo.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

Ok, so apparently, having rimfire with CR 1.6.3 makes the bills for ammo not appear at the crafting table, and you have to get rid of rimfire then restart the game for the ammo bills to appear again.

Also, some testing results. May be a bit inaccurate though.
Looks like a shotgun is nearly useless against armor because every single shotgun ammo ever has crappy armor penetration(10% or 0%). You need at least a slug to penetrate pretty much any armor, and that deals around 3, 1 damage due to having no armor penetration at all(which is ridiculous if you realize that with a unarmored target, the shotgun slug blasts off limbs, pulverises organs, and destroys heads in one hit), and the only reliable way to get through armor with a shotgun is to use EMP's electic shock, and that's just 5 damage.
I wouldn't mind too much, but it looks like a pistol is more effective against armor than a shotgun slug, which is kinda... I think it'll be better if the slug had lower damage, but higher armor penetration.
However, a shotgun, especially birdshot, damages armor like crazy. A few hits with a birdshot will lower a 100% normal armor vest to like, 20% durability.

Also, the highest armor penetration you can get with vanilla weapons seems to be the concentrated ion(charge rifle)'s 90%, followed by the 51mm NATO(sniper rifle)'s 70%.
Compared to the .50BMG(I think), which has 90% on its FMJ ammo, and 110% on its armor-piercing ammo, kinda sad values.

Most bullets have around 30% penetration with their AP verity having 40%. This isn't really enough to reliably penetrate Centipede armor, which means grenades are pretty much needed to take them down if you don't have charge rifles. Either that, or just snipe them to death.
Or get a mod that gives guns that allow you to use all stuff like the high-caliber ammo, RPG ammo, the grenade-launcher ammo, etc that'll make taking care of armor so much easier.

TL;DR: The vanilla game REALLY lacks anti-armor weapons.

Oh, also, it looks like centipedes don't spawn with inferno cannons anymore, or spawn very rarely with them.
Possibly because when I checked the inferno cannon ammo, I found they did 200 damage on hit, and made a explosion that deals 100 damage.

Krutchen

Quote from: AllenWL on April 29, 2016, 03:29:16 AM
Ok, so apparently, having rimfire with CR 1.6.3 makes the bills for ammo not appear at the crafting table, and you have to get rid of rimfire then restart the game for the ammo bills to appear again.

Were you restarting rimworld after activating the mods?

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 29, 2016, 03:01:52 AM
Quote from: Krutchen on April 28, 2016, 07:14:17 PM
I hope NoImage doesn't mind me trying to contribute, hopefully you will all find bows a bit more useful.

Not at all. Having people contribute their own work and building on top of others is the entire principle behind modding, it would be silly to feel offended by it.

Dude, you'd be surprised at the stuff some people get bent out of shape over. Some modding communities have some really toxic people, like the mount & blade community, and it's a real shame, lol.

NoImageAvailable

Its odd to hear that because I'm playing with Rimfire enabled in my test game and I've never been able to reproduce the bill issue people have been reporting. Are you sure it was Rimfire, rather than just plain restarting the game that did it?

And yeah, the whole lack of anti-armor weapons has been a thing since I first included the new armor system and Centipedes became impervious to small arms fire. As a solution you can currently use Rimfire (it has an MCM to disable unwanted weapons, too, in case you don't want to get saddled with 5 different pistols) and I've been given some art assets in the past that I'm planning to make into a CR-specific weapon pack designed to take advantage of the new features. Among other things it will include a few different anti-tank options.

Krutchen

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 29, 2016, 03:52:11 AM

Its odd to hear that because I'm playing with Rimfire enabled in my test game and I've never been able to reproduce the bill issue people have been reporting. Are you sure it was Rimfire, rather than just plain restarting the game that did it?

And yeah, the whole lack of anti-armor weapons has been a thing since I first included the new armor system and Centipedes became impervious to small arms fire. As a solution you can currently use Rimfire (it has an MCM to disable unwanted weapons, too, in case you don't want to get saddled with 5 different pistols) and I've been given some art assets in the past that I'm planning to make into a CR-specific weapon pack designed to take advantage of the new features. Among other things it will include a few different anti-tank options.

Could you make disposable launchers with Verb_ShootCROneUse though? I could totally see fielding some M72 LAWs against Mechanoid Centipedes. And other really nasty anti-tank weapons if that doesn't cut it. Pak 38, anyone?

Colonist51

Quote from: Madpizzaboy on April 28, 2016, 05:51:05 AM
does the latest version of this mod work with the latest version of Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering?

That's what I would like to know also. The EPOE compatibility patch was uploaded to Dropbox 7 months ago, is it still safe to use?

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 29, 2016, 03:52:11 AM

Huh, maybe I should try restarting the game after enabling rimfire... which for some reason, I didn't think of.. go figure. I guess I'll use MCM and disable some stuff I don't want. Though they said at the rimfire thread that it won't disable the ammo they use(ex: if I disable RPGs, the RPG ammo won't get disabled)?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on April 29, 2016, 05:20:18 AM
Huh, maybe I should try restarting the game after enabling rimfire... which for some reason, I didn't think of.. go figure. I guess I'll use MCM and disable some stuff I don't want. Though they said at the rimfire thread that it won't disable the ammo they use(ex: if I disable RPGs, the RPG ammo won't get disabled)?

The unused ammo won't get disabled until the next time you start the game. Basically how it works is when you start the game, all ammo types are present in the game but traders won't stock them by default nor are they enabled for crafting. Instead CR goes through a list of all weapons obtainable in the game and enables their ammo types to be stocked by traders as well as the crafting bills.

The Rimfire MCM allows you to change the availability of weapons mid-game so if you were to disable the RPG-7 you would still be able to craft the ammo for it and traders would still carry it until you restart the game. Once you do the ammo list will be updated and the ammo will be unobtainable again (you can still sell existing stock though).

AllenWL

anonymous456

I don't know if that has come up yet, but while I enjoyed playing with the mod there were two things that stood out to me:

First, traders at my colony sometimes leave stuff I traded to them. Like, silver and some (?) items just drop to the ground in front of them and I can haul them away again. Might be something about the changed inventory system?

The other thing that is a minor annoyance to me is when my hunters go out to hunt with 30 arrows and they use them up, they switch to the melee weapon I gave them. If I'm not careful, they refill their ammo and now go hunting with a knife. Is there a way to make them switch back automatically?

Okay, one other thing with hunting, but I don't know to what extent this is fixable. I read that some animals can't be hit behind cover, but the hunters don't seem to take that into account (like trying to hit a squirrel behind sandbags etc.). Is that supposed to work that way?

SteelRev

Quote from: IgorKeefe on April 29, 2016, 08:14:48 AM
First, traders at my colony sometimes leave stuff I traded to them. Like, silver and some (?) items just drop to the ground in front of them and I can haul them away again. Might be something about the changed inventory system?

the trader thing is a hospitality mod thing if i remember right. they leave gifts if they like you. gifts are chosen from their current inventory.

dareddevil7

Quote from: IgorKeefe on April 29, 2016, 08:14:48 AM
Okay, one other thing with hunting, but I don't know to what extent this is fixable. I read that some animals can't be hit behind cover, but the hunters don't seem to take that into account (like trying to hit a squirrel behind sandbags etc.). Is that supposed to work that way?
I doubt he messed with the code for hunting, so it's just an issue with pawns not knowing about the system, maybe try hunting squirrels when they are eating your crops, and hunt larger things for food