[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AseaHeru

Same place as where you assign clothing to people

joaonunes

Quote from: Lupin III on May 30, 2016, 06:18:16 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 30, 2016, 04:23:55 PM
Get a loading table, set orders to build ammo up to 500 units in every ammo type you use (pick FMJ for average pen and damage, or whatever you prefer) and set loadouts with the menu people put so much effort into.
Which menu are you talking about? I can't see any loadouts.
Here:

And then:

I cant explain better than this...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

magik20

is CR the reason why my colonists are killing each other or pets in combat?  If a pet or a person is standing in from of someone firing, they always get hit multiple times.

Orion

Quote from: Lupin III on May 30, 2016, 02:49:19 PM
That XML-file is the only place where the ammo for a gun is defined and none of the guns have an option set to not use ammo. Comparing with other mods doesn't help, because CR completely rewrites the weapon definitions including the new XML tags, not just values.
Yeah it does. Look, I did the job for you.

If you look at the weapons_guns.xml, each gun has a _AmmoUser comps property. First try to just kick that out. Chances are this will already solve your problem.

If not, you need to use the verbs and comps part from for example the laser weapons (you need to install the laser mod for that too). But keep the sound, range, flash, projectile etc. data from the CR guns. This will give your guns the reload model from the laser guns. If it doesn't, you probably need another tag from the gun. Just compare them properly (I'm doing this while eating breakfast!).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

zzz1000

Quote from: joaonunes on May 30, 2016, 07:53:59 PM
I made a video. Not because it's explanes better but because I love to make them. :D
https://youtu.be/4L-vpwNCzlA

joaonunes

Quote from: zzz1000 on May 30, 2016, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 30, 2016, 07:53:59 PM
I made a video. Not because it's explanes better but because I love to make them. :D
https://youtu.be/4L-vpwNCzlA

A video explains better but I dont like to make them xD
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

crusader2010

Quote from: crazybmanp on May 30, 2016, 02:29:04 PM
Quote from: magik20 on May 30, 2016, 02:19:34 PM
Quote from: crazybmanp on May 30, 2016, 01:28:19 PM
Has anyone reported an issue with Null and duplicate colonists, which causes the game to fail loading a map? (i'm sorry that i do not have the log right now,  but i can generate it again later tonight if it would help.)

it appears that is what i might be suffering from

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg225131#msg225131

Yea, seems like the same thing. has there been any progress on figuring out what is happening to cause this?

Do you guys remember if any of your colonists got abducted by raiders? Or if you sent them on a quest to investigate some far away land (I think these are from Miscellaneous-Incidents mod)? Basically anything that could get them to not be on the map anymore.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Lupin III

Quote from: Orion on May 30, 2016, 10:39:56 PM
If you look at the weapons_guns.xml, each gun has a _AmmoUser comps property. First try to just kick that out. Chances are this will already solve your problem.

If not, you need to use the verbs and comps part from for example the laser weapons (you need to install the laser mod for that too). But keep the sound, range, flash, projectile etc. data from the CR guns. This will give your guns the reload model from the laser guns. If it doesn't, you probably need another tag from the gun. Just compare them properly (I'm doing this while eating breakfast!).
Thanks! The first thing will remove reloading completely, I guess. But I like that.
For the second solution I didn't now that one mod can use stuff from another.

BUT... The whole reason for that was that I don't want to micro manage. And I had to do that, because I don't have the loadout menu! I just have the outfits but no additional columns for loadout. And no, I didn't edit any XML files this time ;) . So some other mod must overwrite the changes to that tab then, I guess (I don't get any errors). What is the easiest way find that our (except for en/disabling mods one by one)?

Ploum

Quote from: Lupin III on May 31, 2016, 09:36:58 AM
Quote from: Orion on May 30, 2016, 10:39:56 PM

I also want to take out the ammo micro-management.
I tried to take out _AmmoUser in weapons_guns, notably on the survival riffle to check if it works, but it still uses ammo and cannot fire when none is there. (of course i take it out from mod combat realism. I checked, there is no other mods using the survival riffle)

magik20

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 31, 2016, 09:04:57 AM
Has anyone reported an issue with Null and duplicate colonists, which causes the game to fail loading a map? (i'm sorry that i do not have the log right now,  but i can generate it again later tonight if it would help.)

Yea, seems like the same thing. has there been any progress on figuring out what is happening to cause this?

Do you guys remember if any of your colonists got abducted by raiders? Or if you sent them on a quest to investigate some far away land (I think these are from Miscellaneous-Incidents mod)? Basically anything that could get them to not be on the map anymore.

I know for sure on my last corrupted game i sent one out on a mission and likely on the one previous as well.  No one was abducted. 

however it seemed like the game worked very well loading autosaves for a while....

crusader2010

Quote from: magik20 on May 31, 2016, 12:18:28 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 31, 2016, 09:04:57 AM

I know for sure on my last corrupted game i sent one out on a mission and likely on the one previous as well.  No one was abducted. 

however it seemed like the game worked very well loading autosaves for a while....

So maybe your colonist died while on the mission, yet it still appeared in the pawn bar (probably as "MISSING"?). And this caused the bug with the loadouts. I'm trying to look at the .DLL now and see if anything obvious can be done about it, if I find out where to actually look (same for the TraverseParms bug). It'll probably be a complete fail, but I'm cheerful enough to try lol  ;D

notfood

Changing the name of the default loadout Nothing to something else and then creating a new loadout with the Nothing name, then saving, is catasthorpical. Can't load anymore...

crusader2010

Does anyone know how to test (in C#) if a colonist is temporarily off the map? (i.e. showing as "MISSING")

crusader2010

I believe I got rid of the TraverseParms log spam (not really sure what the cause was, but at least it's not generating any error anymore), and probably the one with NULL colonists too (likely still need to add the off-map condition).

If anyone is willing to take a look and test this: Source and DLL

PS: I had to change some code so that it became compatible with C# 5.0 (hopefully no mistakes there).

cakeonslaught

Is anyone familiar with the following error? I get it in connection with my game freezing. I'm using Crusader's mod pack and i think it has something to do with a patch for Haplo's Miscellaneous_Core.

Railgun (normal) burst fire shot count is same or higher than auto fire