1 colonist idle (recruit from bypasser)

Started by aswzen, March 12, 2014, 04:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aswzen

One of my colonist always idle, i cant assign anything to him because from the overview windows the colonist only have 2 options to do (Firefighting and Research). And yes i finished all of my researches.

Question :
1. What is the better way to solve this problem?
2. Maybe How to kill that colonist?

sorry for my dumb English

harpo99999

arm the colonist with molitovs or grenades, then when the next raider/wild animal attack occurs send the colonist out to be the distractor/leading attacker with the thrown weapons and let the colonist get near the range limit for the weapons of the other colonists and go from there,this assumes it is not a noble pacifist, if it is a noble pacifist then do the same and do not attempt to rescue when disabled by the attacks, just recover the weapon after the death

Pirx Danford

What harpo wrote is a good suggestion.
Also if you have a comms console you could wait for a slave trader to be in range, then arrest the idle colonist and sell the colonist/prisoner for some silver.

letharion

It bothered me for some time that I couldn't peacefully get rid of colonists, however I figured this out:

Simply arrest the colonist, and then deconstruct a wall or door to the prison. The former colonist will now "escape" and head for a map edge, never to be heard of again.

Monkfish

Quote from: letharion on March 12, 2014, 05:28:50 AM
It bothered me for some time that I couldn't peacefully get rid of colonists, however I figured this out:

Simply arrest the colonist, and then deconstruct a wall or door to the prison. The former colonist will now "escape" and head for a map edge, never to be heard of again.
Ahh, great idea! I might do that, I have a Noble that's only good for firefighting, doctoring, warden tasks and shooting and she spends almost all of her time ambling about doing nothing! Some recreational stuff would be good, keep them occupied.
<insert witty signature here>

Psycho0124

Nobles... Lol. Recruit another colonist and arrest him. Once he's in a prisoner cell, select "execute" in his prisoner tab. Then set your butcher table to handle human corpses so he can be useful as food. His corpse would also be good in a gibbet since he was a colonist and not a stranger.

dd0029

Note, that the guys who can only firefight are usually Deathjacks or Assassins. They generally have really high melee and shooting skills and are really invaluable for raiders. The ones with research as well, generally aren't quite as highly skilled that way, but are still often much stronger than other colonists.

DeltaOmega

I believe you can also sell him to slavers if you arrest him.

UrbanBourbon

Put him in prison and have your warden practice his social skills on him. Alternatively, unassign Firefighting job from everyone else and have that guy be your designated smoke-eater. (Smoke-eater means firefighter)