[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on September 16, 2017, 08:47:34 AM
^^ This mod is not compatible with Combat Extended.

It's not?  :( Because so far it SEEMS to work. I wasn't able to test pregnancy yet, but all the new CE mechanics seem to apply correctly.
Is there anything specific that probably might be broken or that I should try?

Given the popularity of CE becoming some kind of standard mod for many players, are there any chances that compatibility could be included intp CaP, please?
I don't wanrt to miss features like inventory management and ammunition anymore (endless ammunition in vanilla always bothered me a lot), but still want to know where new Rimworlders come from...  :-\

Tenshi~Akari

Last time I checked, a while back there was an incompatibility between this & CE... then again, it was during the 0.2 stage of the mod. I'm not completely sure if that changed with the Harmony transitions made here, but from the looks of that error shown, there still might be some issues?

centerflag982

How do you get pawns to breastfeed or play with their baby? I can see in the defs that the jobs exist, but both my pawn who's had a kid so far just completely ignores her, except to occasionally waste lavish meals on her.

Kori

Quote from: centerflag982 on September 17, 2017, 07:38:37 PM
How do you get pawns to breastfeed or play with their baby? I can see in the defs that the jobs exist, but both my pawn who's had a kid so far just completely ignores her, except to occasionally waste lavish meals on her.

Afaik these are planned features and not implemented yet.

centerflag982

Quote from: Kori on September 17, 2017, 07:45:42 PM
Afaik these are planned features and not implemented yet.

Ah, alright, thanks. I thought that might be the case but I'm not familiar enough with RW modding to poke through the source files to find out :P

sidfu

well right now he needs to fix the error related to alein framework again. he fixed it when he first put in the harmony bypasses then broke it again after he added/changed them.

Kori

I hope this will make it compatible with Combat Extended too! :)

jargon777

Hello,
First of all thanks for making this mod, it's very interesting. I encountered a minor bug while playing through with it. I accidently put restrictions on my toddlers resulting in them breaking their usual routine of "socailizing". This resulted in them being joy-deprived, which in turn seems to prevent them from sleeping. Eventually the toddlers get too tired and end up both joy deprived and tired, and are stuck in a cycle of always tired and always joy deprived (with no way to fix it) as they never socialize long enough to recover the joy and never rest enough to stop being tired.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: jargon777 on September 19, 2017, 09:31:14 PM
Hello,
First of all thanks for making this mod, it's very interesting. I encountered a minor bug while playing through with it. I accidently put restrictions on my toddlers resulting in them breaking their usual routine of "socailizing". This resulted in them being joy-deprived, which in turn seems to prevent them from sleeping. Eventually the toddlers get too tired and end up both joy deprived and tired, and are stuck in a cycle of always tired and always joy deprived (with no way to fix it) as they never socialize long enough to recover the joy and never rest enough to stop being tired.
i've encountered this bug, and luckily for me its no longer a problem coz the babies are back to normal routines of sleeping/eating/etc..

i've noticed if their joy deprived by 14%, they'd try to sleep.. and when rest is back up to 14%, they would wake up and try to do normal functions.. what i've changed is to allow them area access to joy materials and hopefully their joy reaches enough levels before they get tired again and go back to sleep... coffee also helps them stay awake longer so that it helps fill their joy meter lol

tyriaelsoban

Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 20, 2017, 01:53:17 AM
coffee also helps them stay awake longer so that it helps fill their joy meter lol

Where are you getting the coffee from? i havnt had a coffee mod since A15!

Kori

Quote from: tyriaelsoban on September 20, 2017, 04:26:19 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 20, 2017, 01:53:17 AM
coffee also helps them stay awake longer so that it helps fill their joy meter lol

Where are you getting the coffee from? i havnt had a coffee mod since A15!

Vegetable Garden https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

or

Cupro's Drinks https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32190.msg329350#msg329350

They also work together.

caekdaemon

Quote from: Kori on September 19, 2017, 12:07:05 AM
I'm playing with Combat Extended and it looks like that glitch is just a minor one - my pawns have gotten pregnant and given birth without issue :D

And this mod is absolutely incredible! I'm just wondering whether or not it would be possible to increase the chance of a pregnancy following some lovin'? I've checked the files, and it looks like it's these lines that control it:

// Make sure the woman is not pregnanct and not using a contraceptive
if(female.health.hediffSet.HasHediff(HediffDefOf.Pregnant, torso) || female.health.hediffSet.HasHediff(contraceptive, null) || male.health.hediffSet.HasHediff(contraceptive, null)){
return;
}
// Check the pawn's age to see how likely it is she can carry a fetus
// 25 and below is guaranteed, 50 and above is impossible, 37.5 is 50% chance
float preg_chance = Math.Max (1 - (Math.Max (female.ageTracker.AgeBiologicalYearsFloat - 25, 0) / 25), 0) * 0.33f;
// For debug testing
//float preg_chance = 1;
if (preg_chance < Rand.Value) {
if(Prefs.DevMode) Log.Message ("Impregnation failed. Chance was " + preg_chance);
return;

But I'm not sure what to do to raise the probability - programming is not my thing, I just want to know how things would go if I used prepare carefully to build a colony from one single starting pair of individuals  :P

Kori

Quote from: caekdaemon on September 20, 2017, 02:52:48 PM
Quote from: Kori on September 19, 2017, 12:07:05 AM
I'm playing with Combat Extended and it looks like that glitch is just a minor one - my pawns have gotten pregnant and given birth without issue :D

So everything works fine? Have you tested all the features? That would be incredible news!

Because you know... I'm always getting a bit nervous when using a mod that produces many evil looking, deep red warnings in conjunction with a savegame I can easily play for several hundreds of hours. ;)

Do you load CaP before or after CE?

PS: I noticed that when I add CaP to my modlist with CE enabled, generating a new world tends to cause a crash. Not alway, but maybe 50% of the time.
Could you please try generating a new world a few times to see if that happens to you too?

caekdaemon

Quote from: Kori on September 20, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
So everything works fine? Have you tested all the features? That would be incredible news!
Yep, everything looks like it works fine - there's definitely no issues that I can see with C&P, since pawns get pregnant, give birth and their children are fine as well, so that's entirely functional, and as far as I can tell CE is fine as well as all the gun shooting stances, aiming, ammunition, damage, etc are all entirely working. The glitch is mostly cosmetic by the seems of things.
Quote from: Kori on September 20, 2017, 05:55:27 PMDo you load CaP before or after CE?
After :D

Quote from: Kori on September 20, 2017, 05:55:27 PMPS: I noticed that when I add CaP to my modlist with CE enabled, generating a new world tends to cause a crash. Not alway, but maybe 50% of the time.
Could you please try generating a new world a few times to see if that happens to you too?
I've been getting that crash as well, but the weirdest thing is I was getting the crash before adding C&P to my mod list. Even still, though, I've generated a dozen worlds and I'd rate that it crashes around 30-40% of the time, but will always crash on a bad seed. One of mine that works is "john", for example, and that world always works, but one of the ones that broke for me, "tyranny" if I remember right always crashed.

So if the issue is somehow tied to world generation, then that seems to be the end of it - everything works fine once you get going! :)

Kori