[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on September 14, 2015, 06:46:19 AM
hey can i get a hand. every time i try to turn on ur mods rimworld crashes, and it wont let me turn them on. this is what comes up

Lame. Can't believe I mucked that up for two alphas now... Fixed for next release. Thanks for reporting lol

Is everything working okay for you now, or is it still giving you issues? :/

Edit: Just read through your backstories. Really cool stuff here :D Not all of it is implementable, but will keep everything you've sent me in mind just in case I run into something to make it implementable one day :)

killer117

Cool. Happy to help. Knew some couldnt be done, but thought they were some cool ideas anyway
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

CB elite

Status update:

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well!

Just dropping in to give you all a heads up...

Currently have a lot of things going on in real life, which require my immediate attention.
So, I have little to no time to work on this mod right now.

I was tempted to not say anything in hopes that my situation would soon change, but I didn't want to leave anyone in the dark in case it doesn't.
I will continue to work on bits of code as time becomes available.
But, for now, it's best to consider this mod to be suspended.

In the mean time, thank you all for all of your support and making my efforts feel appreciated!

Keep in mind, this isn't the first time this has happened. I will likely return soon.
If not, I have "abandoned mod" terms on the first page of the forum which grant permission to anyone to update/continue work if I do not return after a while.

Hope to see you all again soon.

-CB

Mr.Cross

Claims to know most things.

Smexy_Vampire

any help with makeing this work with other mod that mod the sergerys ?

Smexy_Vampire

any one abble to update the wepons projectiles texures to collorize plazma pisstole rifle and exet to there true colores in the games

Renegade

Hm, this is kind of a beefy mod. Even unfinished :o

Anyone know if the o.p. is still around? Can't click on the username to send them a message. Was going to see about playing around with the textures to make them fit in-game a bit better.

Renegade

I was playing around in the textures folder, and stumbled upon the spartan helmets. Thought they looked a little too realistic for an indie game, so I took a little bit of time to draw a version that I think looks a little more RimWorld-esque.

Edit:

Wasn't a huge fan of the detailed body armor either. Just used power armor with a sage coloration for this. Considering going off of this for a potential texture update, if that's alright. Still a W.I.P.

Thoughts?

Edit 2:

Guys! I got a hold of the O.P. for the mod and he/she told me I could update the textures if I wanted to. Would anyone be interested in this?

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Renegade

Quote from: Dragoon on January 25, 2016, 02:43:43 PM
Quote from: Renegade on January 18, 2016, 11:43:20 PM
-snip-
Looks cool i'd be interested.

Okay. I just finished updating all of the weapons and projectiles that were in the mod today.

When I get the other armors (ODST and marine) up-to-date I will post a download here.

killer117

i think its great that your working on this mod, and i do like the new helmet u posted, but as u pointed out the armours is just coloured power armour. i like the more rimworld theme, but would it be possible to get something a little more halfway between yours and the origanals. (pls excuse any spelling its midnight while im writing this)
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Renegade

Quote from: killer117 on January 26, 2016, 07:32:34 AM
i think its great that your working on this mod, and i do like the new helmet u posted, but as u pointed out the armours is just coloured power armour. i like the more rimworld theme, but would it be possible to get something a little more halfway between yours and the origanals. (pls excuse any spelling its midnight while im writing this)

Oh yeah of course. Only using RimWorld power armor as a place-holder for now. Looked a bit silly having old with the new. I've been sick for a little while, and just didn't have the energy to design the Halo armor from scratch like I did with the helmet (pixel by pixel...). You have to remember, there are SO many variations you have to do for just one set of apparel... It's not like the weapons where all I had to do was update one image per weapon haha.

The same can be said for the marine and ODST armors when I update them. Will probably release a "rough" and "final" draft. The rough one being with lazily done body armors, and the final one with actual effort put in lol.

killer117

killer117

hey renegade i gotta ask are u working on just the textures or the whole mod?

Renegade

Quote from: killer117 on January 27, 2016, 07:39:14 AM
hey renegade i gotta ask are u working on just the textures or the whole mod?

Only textures for now. Im not all that great at code at the moment but I may take a swing at it eventually.