[MOD] (Alpha 7) Extended Surgery Mod

Started by CrazehMeow, October 03, 2014, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare74

I'd like to try your mod but the 1.2 file seems corrupted, I re-downloaded it 3 times and each time neither 7zip nor winrar can open it 'not a valid archive' or something.

JuliaEllie

I have the same problem. The files seem to be broken due to the server migration but the external link works fine.

Xubrim

Sometimes, I take prisoners that I KNOW will be a pain in the ass to convert, but I'm not a slaver, so I keep at it. I usually have to beat them down several times before they break down and join my cause.

To make things a little easier, could you add the option to, you know, cut off one of their legs? I can get a new one later, and it keeps the prisoners from doing more than angrily rolling out of their bed. Win/win for me, albeit in a Machiavellian sort of way.

Killaim

How about Bone plasteel graft

:D Wolverineeee

empower that health and natural armor.

Felime

Quote from: Xubrim on October 11, 2014, 04:33:20 PM
Sometimes, I take prisoners that I KNOW will be a pain in the ass to convert, but I'm not a slaver, so I keep at it. I usually have to beat them down several times before they break down and join my cause.

To make things a little easier, could you add the option to, you know, cut off one of their legs? I can get a new one later, and it keeps the prisoners from doing more than angrily rolling out of their bed. Win/win for me, albeit in a Machiavellian sort of way.

I know you can remove bionic limbs from people, don't know if that applies to peg legs too, but you can try installing one of them, then removing it.

Xubrim

Quote from: Felime on October 11, 2014, 06:37:45 PM
I know you can remove bionic limbs from people, don't know if that applies to peg legs too, but you can try installing one of them, then removing it.

Hah! It works. I feel like this should make me feel bad, but I'm fairly entertained by this. Thanks. :)

InfiniteRemnant

IGNORE THIS REPLY! posted it in the wrong tab. whoops. was meant to comment on a completely different mod.

Xerdun

I've been playing this mod all weekend and it is absolutely fantastic. Apologies for my incredibly noobness though, but how do you go about getting hyperweave. I've tried researching it everywhere with no luck!
I will either find a way or make one.

InfiniteRemnant

would kinda like a "harvest all" option for those pesky prisoners who chew up resources but have too many forbidden tasks to be worth recruiting.

Drahkon

Perhaps adding the ability to combine the use of cybernetic arm and hand replacements. 'Bionic arm' + 'Power claw' = 'Clawed bionic arm' or the like even if it needs to be crafted separately. Same for Scyther knife.

Rainbow Evil

Maybe not the right mod for it, but as it extends the surgery a life support system would be cool - hook someone up and then take out their heart (maybe to upgrade it, as is planned for the future in the mod) and they won't die from it! Obviously they would have their consciousness set to zero, and maybe it would drain a tonne of power or require some resource (maybe using a hopper? Don't know how easy modding like that is!).

You could also do this in order to keep a prisoner alive while you harvest their organs when needed, unless the constant cost is too high.

Giraffe

How about a prosthetic blaster hand? Is that even possible?
Like a weapon that can't be dropped but is upgraded by having other bionic parts that "talk" to it, for example-- a bionic arm would increase it's damage by giving it a bigger battery supply, or a bionic eye that increases it's range and accuracy.

Minus

Today my plantmaster Mrs. Green got shot in the face. I bought an AI core assuming the vanilla game would let me use it to fix her brain. As it didn't I harvested her heart... Games never usually make me feel bad, but this did.

And now I find out things could have gone well if I had just checked the mods section! Thankyou for this much needed addition! Kinda sad I hit the tech limit on prosthetics so quickly. But damn do I LOVE this feature! This is exactly the mod I was hoping to get! Also love the pirate parts!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Drahkon

Quote from: Minus on October 13, 2014, 09:32:06 PM
Today my plantmaster Mrs. Green got shot in the face. I bought an AI core assuming the vanilla game would let me use it to fix her brain. As it didn't I harvested her heart... Games never usually make me feel bad, but this did.

And now I find out things could have gone well if I had just checked the mods section! Thankyou for this much needed addition! Kinda sad I hit the tech limit on prosthetics so quickly. But damn do I LOVE this feature! This is exactly the mod I was hoping to get! Also love the pirate parts!

First attempt i read that as private parts >.<

Minus

Just gave some glass eyes to my blind Prosthophobe and she's not mad at all. Really glad these extra things don't count as prosthetics when it comes to that trait.

Decided to see how easy it is to make stuff myself today, and wow. Why do tutorials exist when it's this easy?! I modded your mod and added in some of the things I saw suggested. Power claw + Bionic Arm combo mainly. As well as two extra recipes for the bionic limbs that use the simple prosthetics as a base.
Also came across the dummied out brain installation bit in the core coding. Kinda miffs me they took that out. So I plan to add something to fix that.

I've no idea what the general feelings are here in regards to modding mods. If you want me to send you what I did then I will. Afterall, I expect you'd go on to add most of these things in yourself anyway.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance