[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 19, 2017, 09:40:47 PM
I tried to make my own deity but it messed up all the mod lists. What did I do wrong? Note it uses the deer antler hat from another mod and some base game events.

<ThingDef Class="CultOfCthulhu.CosmicEntityDef">
<defName>Entity_Gaia</defName>
    <thingClass>CultOfCthulhu.CosmicEntity</thingClass>
<label>Gaia</label>
<version>5</version>
<description>The Goddess of the Earth.</description>
    <symbol>Mote/Symbols/Gaia</symbol>
<tier1SpellDefs>
<li>SpellFertility</li>
<li>SelfTame</li>
</tier1SpellDefs>
<tier2SpellDefs>
<li>ThrumboPasses</li>
</tier2SpellDefs>
<tier3SpellDefs>
<li>SpellPsionicGrowth</li>
</tier3SpellDefs>
<finalSpellDef>PsychicSoothe</finalSpellDef>
<favoredApparel>
<li>Apparel_DeerHood</li>
</favoredApparel>
</ThingDef>

SpellDefs are custom IncidentDefs that have special checkers that say it's okay to call them or not. So when you use non-call of cthulhu spells in your spell lists, it simply won't work.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Karasu-Tengu (烏天狗)

Hydro: get IlSpy:
http://ilspy.net/
open "CultOfCthulhu.dll" with it and poke around (see screenshot)

Hydromancerx

Quote from: jecrell on January 20, 2017, 09:06:01 AM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 19, 2017, 09:40:47 PM
I tried to make my own deity but it messed up all the mod lists. What did I do wrong? Note it uses the deer antler hat from another mod and some base game events.

<ThingDef Class="CultOfCthulhu.CosmicEntityDef">
<defName>Entity_Gaia</defName>
    <thingClass>CultOfCthulhu.CosmicEntity</thingClass>
<label>Gaia</label>
<version>5</version>
<description>The Goddess of the Earth.</description>
    <symbol>Mote/Symbols/Gaia</symbol>
<tier1SpellDefs>
<li>SpellFertility</li>
<li>SelfTame</li>
</tier1SpellDefs>
<tier2SpellDefs>
<li>ThrumboPasses</li>
</tier2SpellDefs>
<tier3SpellDefs>
<li>SpellPsionicGrowth</li>
</tier3SpellDefs>
<finalSpellDef>PsychicSoothe</finalSpellDef>
<favoredApparel>
<li>Apparel_DeerHood</li>
</favoredApparel>
</ThingDef>

SpellDefs are custom IncidentDefs that have special checkers that say it's okay to call them or not. So when you use non-call of cthulhu spells in your spell lists, it simply won't work.

Ah ok. Thanks for the feedback!

jecrell

Quote from: Karasu-Tengu (烏天狗) on January 20, 2017, 03:42:37 PM
Hydro: get IlSpy:
http://ilspy.net/
open "CultOfCthulhu.dll" with it and poke around (see screenshot)

Unnecessary! I have the source code included in the Patreon links (no donation required to download).

Hydromancerx

You should add more spells to choose from for custom deities. In fact if there was an in game way to make your own custom deity that would be even cooler! Like a set of generic icons for the motes, choose the clothing and then pick spells for the deity. it would probably be hard to program but it would be super cool.

Hydromancerx

@jecrell

Ok i was able to make a new Deity using existing spells. However it never showed up in the research list. How do I add it to that? All I can do is replace the fields in one of the default deities.

jecrell

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 21, 2017, 01:21:18 AM
@jecrell

Ok i was able to make a new Deity using existing spells. However it never showed up in the research list. How do I add it to that? All I can do is replace the fields in one of the default deities.

I have a "version" set up so that if you update your deity and give it a higher "version" number it will update the lists in-game. You'll have to search for deities again at the research table for your new deity, I would imagine, after adding to the version number in XML.

Hydromancerx

I changed it to this ...

<version>6</version>

But nothing happened. Am I stuck with my current saved game?

Says that "Probe occult deities" tech has already been researched.

Hydromancerx

If you cannot make an in game god maker can you at least add a more generic god? Like the random number god or something not specifically lovecraft?

ChairmanPoo

I think that what you're looking for is the Ancestral Spirits mod. This one is specifically lovecraftian :p

SNKcell

I really like all the mods but I just can´t deal with the OP monsters that you have in the horros mod

You need to built specific defenses for each one and that kinda takes out the fun of building a good base

but I have to agree that all the mods are pretty awesome

Canute

Quote from: SNKcell on January 22, 2017, 07:56:27 AM
I really like all the mods but I just can´t deal with the OP monsters that you have in the horros mod

You need to built specific defenses for each one and that kinda takes out the fun of building a good base

Hmm, maybe you should change your strategy against them.
Yes some monster are annoying, and VERY dangerous at mellee.
But most of them are not very fast and/or very stupid.
MiMo's are the only ones with range attack. Put some hvy armored mellee fighter with perso. shields behind sandbags or 1x1 walls, while range fighter wait 3-4 field behind them.
Strange beast are fast but stupid. Check what target the beast attack, and try to position that pawn behind your other pawns. And let the mellee attack to if they are fast enough.
All other are very slow, use your fastest pawn to intercept them, so they got focused on him, then run around your range pawn to let them shoot them down.
Star Vampire, once you hear him coming, position your mellee next to a entrance and all the ranges behind. He becomes visible and get damage once it pass the mellee.

Darciaaa

Quote from: Canute on January 22, 2017, 08:53:26 AM
Star Vampire, once you hear him coming, position your mellee next to a entrance and all the ranges behind. He becomes visible and get damage once it pass the mellee.

Hmm, I dunno if this is a bug but, in my actual run, Star Vampires are a joke. They love to rush my mortars outside of my base so, when I hear it coming, I get everyone inside my base, wait to hear some combat noise, grab and lead everyone close to my mortars to see that villain and they are free to shoot it down since AI doesn't want to change focus before it destroyed the prior target (unless I do an happy accident going in melee).

jecrell

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 21, 2017, 06:28:43 AM
I changed it to this ...

<version>6</version>

But nothing happened. Am I stuck with my current saved game?

Says that "Probe occult deities" tech has already been researched.

I apologize. You're absolutely right and this was my fault entirely Hydro. I "assumed" it was possible, but you're the first person to give it a good try and let me know the results. I'm fiddling with this right now as I'm adding a new deity to the official release, and I did NOT put in a section of code for assimilating new deities in the current saves.

Also, yes it could be possible to create deities for the mod in a generic fashion as a mini-mod. I'll probably need to allow for custom chanting sounds as well, because I'm sure there are people who do not want the spooky chant.

forestfey

no, for the sake of diversity I would also welcome the possibility to exchange them for 1) tibetan throat-singing mantras, 2) passed-on native american songs like "Fly like an Eagle" or "Mother River" or similar, 3) or canticles of the different abramic creeds. Just to name a few...
A lot of incredible art has been created over the course of history for these dubious purposes... It would be a waste to NOT have this opportunity? ;)
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards