[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igams

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on July 14, 2017, 09:49:53 PM
I can't seem to get oathtaker to work. Pawns get the perk but they never resurrect on death. Do I need to do something to activate it?

I didn't have to do anything special. Send my pawns out in the wilderness to die. Then they resurrect. I think it takes a while? Maybe a day? The first time I did it was at night time and the pawn resurrected right when the sun was rising. Was very surreal.

Lennbolt7

Waited for more than three in game days to the exact hour of the colonists death and nothing happened. colonist was killed with damage to death dev command and given the oathtaker trait with prepare carefully.

Warforyou

Can't you make it so that big critters attacked by spiders fight back? Neither my colonists seem to try to defend themselves when attacked nor tigers or dinosaurs from "megafauna" mod do.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Warforyou on July 16, 2017, 09:14:38 AM
Can't you make it so that big critters attacked by spiders fight back? Neither my colonists seem to try to defend themselves when attacked nor tigers or dinosaurs from "megafauna" mod do.

They do, have you checked if the critters are still stunned by the web of the spider ? As long as the web is there they can't fight back .. the web gets destroyed after a while .. either it's to late by then or they start fighting back.

If you really want to see some epic monsters install the rascally rabbits mod from dburgdorf ( rainbeau flambe )
The Beasts of Caerbannog are truly fearsome to behold.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Warforyou

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 16, 2017, 09:26:40 AM
Quote from: Warforyou on July 16, 2017, 09:14:38 AM

They do, have you checked if the critters are still stunned by the web of the spider ? As long as the web is there they can't fight back .. the web gets destroyed after a while .. either it's to late by then or they start fighting back.

If you really want to see some epic monsters install the rascally rabbits mod from dburgdorf ( rainbeau flambe )
The Beasts of Caerbannog are truly fearsome to behold.

I have only seen my hauling bot fight back a spider yet lol.
TY, I'll definitely check it out.

wwWraith

I often see the victims doesn't fight back those who hunt them, indeed they just trying to flee. Looks like the core AI made this way. The funny thing is even in rare cases when the victim fights back, then the hunter often starts to flee.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Yep, but that is a standard vanlia behavior not a special mod one.
I gave once minions some scyther blades to survive better at the tropical forest, but they didn't even fight back.

I think they even act different on manhunter and predator on hunt. When you set your pawn to aggresive, they attack manhunter animals, but they don't attack predator on hunt.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on July 16, 2017, 03:16:19 PM
Yep, but that is a standard vanlia behavior not a special mod one.
I gave once minions some scyther blades to survive better at the tropical forest, but they didn't even fight back.

I think they even act different on manhunter and predator on hunt. When you set your pawn to aggresive, they attack manhunter animals, but they don't attack predator on hunt.

That is so stupid :) It should be treated the same by the game ..

Katarumi

I'm having a bit of trouble using Byakhee for transport. I load up a colonist, ship them out, but then they disappear from my bar completely. The caravan on the world map is empty. I also can't load items, though I figure that is probably intentional, as they seem to be mounts rather than caravan beasts.

Logs:

Tried to add 'Rope-Gill' to ThingOwner but this thing is already in another container. owner=Caravan Caravan 1 (tile=9574), other container owner=RimWorld.ActiveDropPodInfo
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.ThingOwner`1:TryAdd(Thing, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.Caravan:AddPawn(Pawn, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.CaravanMaker:MakeCaravan_Patch1(IEnumerable`1, Faction, Int32, Boolean)
CultOfCthulhu.PawnFlyersTraveling:SpawnCaravanAtDestinationTile()
CultOfCthulhu.PawnFlyersTraveling:Arrived()
CultOfCthulhu.PawnFlyersTraveling:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObjectsHolder:WorldObjectsHolderTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Couldn't add pawn 'Rope-Gill' to caravan.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.Planet.CaravanMaker:MakeCaravan_Patch1(IEnumerable`1, Faction, Int32, Boolean)

Tried to add Cults_ByakheeRace157288 to ThingOwner but this thing is already in another container. owner=Caravan Caravan 1 (tile=9574), other container owner=RimWorld.ActiveDropPodInfo

Couldn't add pawn Cults_ByakheeRace157288 to caravan.

Tried to add Cults_ByakheeRace157288 to ThingOwner but this thing is already in another container. owner=Caravan Caravan 1 (tile=9574), other container owner=RimWorld.ActiveDropPodInfo

Couldn't add pawn Cults_ByakheeRace157288 to caravan.

ChairmanPoo

... Curiously enough, Mobile Intelligent AIs with AI persona cores readily accept the truth of the Great Old Ones, and will happily join your cult.

Canute

Yeah, the MAI dreams to become a cannibal, thats why it joins the cult ! :-)

Psithen

Dark young are making my life a living hell, I'm on a large map so hunting them when they spawn takes too much time then I forget about them until a couple days later when I'm fast forwarding through mundane labour and all of a sudden BAM someone or someone's animal is dead. It's getting so annoying that I built a 400 square stone parameter around my base.

Oh yeah and fuck spiders.

I've lost more to these things and spiders than I have to anything else in this game.

SurrealSadi

Quote from: Psithen on July 20, 2017, 12:14:36 AM
Dark young are making my life a living hell, I'm on a large map so hunting them when they spawn takes too much time then I forget about them until a couple days later when I'm fast forwarding through mundane labour and all of a sudden BAM someone or someone's animal is dead. It's getting so annoying that I built a 400 square stone parameter around my base.

I've lost more to these things and spiders than I have to anything else in this game.
For the spiders, get the Fences and Floors mod(https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26964.0). Also keeps wild animals out of your farm.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SurrealSadi on July 20, 2017, 03:17:51 AM

For the spiders, get the Fences and Floors mod(https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26964.0). Also keeps wild animals out of your farm.

Awesome isn't it :) Finally some !!FUN!! around here.

Also use the Wildlife Tab. This will help you keep an eye on what is roaming your map.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25736.0

Psithen

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 20, 2017, 06:43:57 AM
Quote from: SurrealSadi on July 20, 2017, 03:17:51 AM

Awesome isn't it :) Finally some !!FUN!! around here.

Also use the Wildlife Tab. This will help you keep an eye on what is roaming your map.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25736.0

Already had fences the problem was wondering pawns and their tamed dogs trying to fight off the dark young but I'll defiantly pick up the wildlife tab.

Gonna need it for a new run though cause I encountered my first star vampires... I can't even... just rip.