My next rimworld story

Started by OldManSteve, February 14, 2017, 07:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which story angle would you like to read?

Caravan tales: POV of a Outlander/Tribal combo trade caravan going around. Comedy
1 (8.3%)
The New Oregon Trail: POV of a colony march to the hidden ship. Action Comedy
4 (33.3%)
Core Values: A trust fund brat sets up a mining colony. Nearby, a cult has set up a commune. Space Horror
3 (25%)
Diary of a pirate boss: First person diary of a pirate boss with a less than able crew. War Comedy
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: March 16, 2017, 08:30:10 AM

OldManSteve

With the posting of today's chapter, my first Rimworld story is complete.
I have no plans to return to that storyline, since Spoiler Alert Everyone at the colony died when the player foolishly installed the Starcraft mod and the colony got swarmed by 300 infested terrans.

I got over 1000 reads of that story, which I am quite thankful for every reader that came by my Wattpad page. I wrote that story with A15 in mind and I had the outline banked out before A16 posted.
Now with A16 out, I see potential for many stories. But I only have time to really focus on one idea.
So I'll let you, fans of the game, decide the next story.  This poll will run for 30 days. At the end of the poll, the results will be released and I will start working on the chosen story. The first chapter will be up the first week in April.
Like my completed one, it will post one chapter a week, until the story's conclusion. You should expect over 10 chapters for each story.

Mod makers: If you want me to feature your mod in my story, please post a link to your mod's Workshop/explanation page and I'll see what I can do with it. Videos of people playing the mod would be helpful as well.

PotatoeTater

I loved the first story man. Good job!
Life is Strange

Belgord

Ooooo sweet. Loved the first. Keep it up.

OldManSteve

The vote is in. It's a tie! I honestly thought Caravan Tales would win. Well, I'll just choose one this weekend and get started.

PotatoeTater

I'm still a fan of the core values, everyone loves a cult.
Life is Strange