[A12] RimBeast(v0.121): Another hive (22/09/15) *Hot fix

Started by rooki1, September 11, 2015, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooki1

Quote from: AllenWL on September 23, 2015, 12:34:26 AM
Just a question, but have you ever considered getting someone to proofread the lore and such for the mod?

Well, I'll a keenly appreciate anyone who help me. Writing in a foreign language is not an easy job to me.

Loki88

Quote from: rooki1 on September 22, 2015, 02:32:42 AM
Hot fix.

There was an error that Insectoid don't attack other factions.
After a short discussion, they have agreed with me to attack your colony. Yay.

Does the hotfix require a new save or new world?

rooki1

Quote from: Loki88 on September 23, 2015, 01:48:35 AM

You don't need make new world. Just overwrite it.

Loki88

rooki1

Quote from: Loki88 on September 23, 2015, 02:04:52 AM
Quote from: rooki1 on September 23, 2015, 01:51:09 AM
Quote from: Loki88 on September 23, 2015, 01:48:35 AM

You don't need make new world. Just overwrite it.

New save though?
It doesn't needs new save file. You can use your old save files.

Loki88

I forgot to grab a screen shot, but the bugs actually came to my rescue by accident :P

Randy decided I needed a psychic ship, a tribal raid, and an insectoid raid... All within 3 minutes... Ship drops in, I head out to deal with it. Tribals show up and begin to attack right away, I try to break away from the mechs to deal with tribals when the bugs pop up right where the tribals are and go nom nom on the tribals...

I now love them that much more :P

Hiztaar

"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Pheanox

Fallatus

I've got a suggestion for the bugs.
Sometimes when the insectoids arrive they'll start scouting the area for a suitable location (maybe a steam vent?), Then when they've found one they "set up camp" and wait around it, defending it from anyone that gets too close and maybe digging around to make room.
If after a few days they have not been killed, A queen will arrive and try to make it to the location, Once she does she'll create a hive nest that will produce more insectoids over time, Some of which will occasionally go on excursion to your base.

I imagine that if the nest gets too damaged the queen would come out of it and try to escape or if it gets destroyed first she'll come out either incapacitated or damaged.

Also, If these insectoids are meant to be the same as the ones engineered to fight mechanoids, Maybe have them prioritize any mechanoids on the map?

The art for your beasties is wonderful by the way, Completely awesome.

praguepride

I haven't had the chance to see them in action just yet but looking through the mod folder I agree above, the artwork is fantastic! Keep up the good work!

praguepride

Alright got the Fort Turtle and here is your proofreader (emphasis added to show fixes)

QuoteThe fortress turtle is a living citadel. Designed to be a moving bunker, this behemoth is believed estimated to have been be created for protecting soldiers during while mechanoid invasions. Fortress turtles have has periodically harvestable shells. This shell can be used as a strong composite alloy. furnishes material for military. A reliable protector and strong porter, a fortress turtle can be a valuable asset for an outpost will be your great companion.

MultiDavid

Quote from: praguepride on September 26, 2015, 07:35:25 AM
Alright got the Fort Turtle and here is your proofreader (emphasis added to show fixes)

QuoteThe fortress turtle is a living citadel. Designed to be a moving bunker, this behemoth is believed estimated to have been be created for protecting soldiers during while mechanoid invasions. Fortress turtles have has periodically harvestable shells. This shell can be used as a strong composite alloy. furnishes material for military. A reliable protector and strong proter, a fortress turtle can be a valuable asset for an outpost will be your great companion.
~

you missed one, at ''reliable protector and strong PROTER'' but otherwise, well done |

skyarkhangel

Quote from: rooki1 on September 23, 2015, 02:20:19 AM
-SNIP-

rooki1, i think 3px stroke too much.

with 1px stroke. My modified version f. raptor
I think looks in game  much better.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skyarkhangel

Also with 1px stroke for hive.

[attachment deleted due to age]

FridayBiology

Now all i need is a Hypnotic-Peacock-like beast that causes nearby animals to become aggressive towards humanoids. Ideally it'd spawn without event notification :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology