[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on December 09, 2015, 10:09:30 AM
My friend and I both experienced some odd behavior with this modpack. She had some mechanoids spawn inside of a cryptosleep casket chamber and actually tunnel out to attack her, instead of waiting for her to break through. I had some in a chamber that I broke into, which would constantly return to the chamber to "sleep" and only fight when attacked. Furthering the oddness with mine, the crawler showed the owned interface (the skullywag did not) and claimed to be assigned to growing... But cut off a colonist's toe when he went next to it. Now that it's dead, I can rechip it to hauling or cleaning, but I don't have the option to keep it assigned to growing?

Note that we're playing with the same mods, but it is rather heavily modded (about 14 or so total, most small). The only one I can think of that would actually touch the same stuff would be MD2, if you've had any reports of conflicts disregard this post.
The cryptosleep problems you're describing here are probably not due to a conflict. I never had real trouble with those things, so I didn't bother fixing them. It's caused by RimWorld just picking random kinds of mechanoids and stuffing them into the crypts, including converted ones. If a converted mechanoid was spawned and not created by chipping, it just gets a random ability, therefore the crawler with growing.
I think it would be best to just have them remove themselves again when they are not properly created. But so far I felt my time was better spent on other things.

Grimandevil

sick idea generator: what if we had a hauling centipede with great lifting capacity, with manual destination choosing (like setting a beacon).
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

AllenWL

Just a question. I remember there being talk about this and combat realism not working together very well, and talks about possibly making a patch for the two. Is there one, or should I just play?

Grimandevil

Quote from: AllenWL on December 12, 2015, 03:20:31 AM
Just a question. I remember there being talk about this and combat realism not working together very well, and talks about possibly making a patch for the two. Is there one, or should I just play?
do u mean that smaller firearms cant scratch armored mechs? explosions still do. makes it more .. 'realistic' heh.
im playing with both (+RimFire) and loving it.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Warforyou

My friend and I both experienced some odd behavior with this modpack. She had some mechanoids spawn inside of a cryptosleep casket chamber and actually tunnel out to attack her, instead of waiting for her to break through. I had some in a chamber that I broke into, which would constantly return to the chamber to "sleep" and only fight when attacked. Furthering the oddness with mine, the crawler showed the owned interface (the skullywag did not) and claimed to be assigned to growing... But cut off a colonist's toe when he went next to it. Now that it's dead, I can rechip it to hauling or cleaning, but I don't have the option to keep it assigned to growing?

Note that we're playing with the same mods, but it is rather heavily modded (about 14 or so total, most small). The only one I can think of that would actually touch the same stuff would be MD2, if you've had any reports of conflicts disregard this post.

I have the same problem and when it happens to a new colony it is a total disaster. I am playing with "crashlanding" and even having some weapons saved I can't do a thing to those armored monsters in early game.

AllenWL

Quote from: Grimandevil on December 12, 2015, 07:15:21 AM
do u mean that smaller firearms cant scratch armored mechs? explosions still do. makes it more .. 'realistic' heh.
im playing with both (+RimFire) and loving it.

Not just the armor balance thingy, but more of the charge blaster incompatibility thingy. Apparently, with both this mod and CR, the charge blaster will act like in vanilla, and I'm not quite sure I like that. I'm really fond of the new projectile system thing. Well, both are pretty minor and I guess I can hallways spam mortar shells from a distance.

Orion

Quote from: Warforyou on December 12, 2015, 01:07:14 PM
I have the same problem and when it happens to a new colony it is a total disaster. I am playing with "crashlanding" and even having some weapons saved I can't do a thing to those armored monsters in early game.
It sounds to me like Crashlanding is the culprit here. Not sure what it does to enable this problem.

Komyets

You can read the 15-posts-long discussion from page 33
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9221.msg181646#msg181646 here that may contain all the details for your questions regarding this subject ^^

OmagaIII

Quote from: Warforyou on December 12, 2015, 01:07:14 PM

I don't have crashlanding at all and the same thing has happened. That and the ridiculous slow down of the game to a crawl when you have your own mechs working for you. Forces me to return them home otherwise I can't play.

However, this that you mention here has happened to me 3 times. Also, they spawn inside mountain bases and start tunneling out. Usually only a few mins or so after landing on a planet.

Orion

Quote from: OmagaIII on December 31, 2015, 07:35:22 AM
However, this that you mention here has happened to me 3 times. Also, they spawn inside mountain bases and start tunneling out. Usually only a few mins or so after landing on a planet.
I'm sorry you're experiencing all these problems. I haven't experienced these issues myself yet. Do you have any other mods installed that may cause this behavior somehow?

Orion

Here's a small update for the most critical issues.

Changelog
1.07b - 31.12.2015
- Charging platform now connects by cable
- Deterioration lowered for inner parts
- Additional automatic repair check based on total health of mechanoids
- Buttons for stay home and full repair that affect all mechanoids
- Converted mechanoids that spawn in crypts are killed right away
- Armor tweaked for Realistic Combat Mod

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Orion on December 31, 2015, 03:39:28 PM
Here's a small update for the most critical issues.

Changelog
1.07b - 31.12.2015
- Charging platform now connects by cable
- Deterioration lowered for inner parts
- Additional automatic repair check based on total health of mechanoids
- Buttons for stay home and full repair that affect all mechanoids
- Converted mechanoids that spawn in crypts are killed right away
- Armor tweaked for Realistic Combat Mod

The download linik redirects to an old version (1.07) instead of 1.07b.

Orion

Quote from: MechanoidHater on January 01, 2016, 09:52:08 AM
The download linik redirects to an old version (1.07) instead of 1.07b.
Thanks! You're right! Should be good now...

Komyets

I see the new update uses the tweaked armor values I provided, I'm glad to be of help, bro! Im sorry though... I hope you didn't feel forced to tweak the stuff that way because of me. Can I ask if something was done with the apparent conflict with the Charge Blaster as well?

Orion

Quote from: Komyets on January 02, 2016, 02:49:50 PM
I see the new update uses the tweaked armor values I provided, I'm glad to be of help, bro! Im sorry though... I hope you didn't feel forced to tweak the stuff that way because of me. Can I ask if something was done with the apparent conflict with the Charge Blaster as well?
They use them, thanks for providing them! I've tried them myself now, using the realistic combat mod and it seems pretty balanced this way.
I haven't done anything about the Charge Blaster though. Somehow I feel it's not important enough right now. If someone has a good idea how to deal with it, I'd be up for looking into it.