What's there to watch on a Rimworld?

Started by Keychan, May 05, 2015, 04:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keychan

We all love and watch TV as it's a daily part of our lives, but what about the colonists of the rimworlds?  What are they watching, and more importantly, how?  Description says there a signal coming from somewhere, but where do you guys think it comes from.  What do you think colonists surviving day by day would watch?  I'd like to think that the only channels are Glitterworld infomercials just constantly playing advertisements with their mega-powered broadcasting technology.

Boboid

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Kegereneku

Every season of Game of Throne.

You win an internet Bodoid
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Gottzar

fla_hotrod

Lost in Space (Danger, Will Robinson, danger!).   ;D

RickyMartini

Probably some old documentaries of the Glitterworlds.

Rahjital

Documentaries, indeed... but most likely about boomrats. Oh, and infomercials about cheap legendary plasteel teapots.

Keychan

With all these ideas, it'd pretty fun if the TV had, showing "insert show" and the colonist watching would have "watching 'insert show'".

Ketzal

It would be great if addictive personalities could binge on TV like they binge on beer.

Tynan

There's probably an old satellite still transmitting something. Or they buy recordings with the TV. Or there's some crazy coot running a TV station somewhere on the wasteland.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Darth Fool

14 hour marathon on the mating habits of tortoises...

TLHeart

good old public access programs, no production values, just people broadcasting themselves, just like utube.

RickyMartini

Cimanyd

Quote from: Tynan on May 05, 2015, 07:59:23 PM
Or there's some crazy coot running a TV station somewhere on the wasteland.

Now I want my colony to be able to broadcast TV. Pirates would stop attacking; why would they want to destroy one of the only sources of entertainment on the rimworld?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

longbyte1

Monday night tribal battles on pay per view