[A17] Error and slow booting of game

Started by Blackpinned, October 04, 2017, 09:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackpinned

I'm able to actually play and load the game however it takes several minutes to load and I end up having this.
https://gist.github.com/d5e583b72651ea4ae4c4f16eaa812fdb
As error message. I can't really figure out how to fix it so any help would be appreciated. Already changed load order and played around

SpaceDorf

Well loading time is connected to the amount of mods you have activated.

And it is either a problem with incompatible mods or your modlist.

first thing I noticed is that Misc.Core seems to be missing. Which is a requirement for the Misc.Training Mod.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

1. I don't use Mod-E, is it supposed to be above everything else?
2. I see at least one v16 mod in there. (Allowdeadman's apparel)
3. I saw at least two medical mods... are they compatible with each other?
4. Should Humanoid Alien Races be much higher, not sure what other alien race mods you are using, but I'd expect HAR needs to be above them.

Overall, it is a decently long list of mods, did you do the research to make sure that some don't interfere with any other similar mods?

SpaceDorf

I think the log is sometimes off showing the right order in which mods were activated.

Mod-E injects itself pretty early on launch, so it is possible that it is loaded befor core.

I think the extendend human body .. thingy relies on epoe so it should be in order as well.

you are right about dead mans clothing, I attached the a17 version.
glass and light might collide with clutter windows stuff.

oh i think I saw one of the culprits :
Call of Cthulhu - Factions: 0Harmony(1.0.9.0),
Call of Cthulhu - Factions - Items Only: 0Harmony
you don't need the Items only Version if you use factions .. that is just a way to gain the items without having the factions around .. so decide which one you want and disable the other one.

And I am not sure that therapy and psychology like each other..

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Blackpinned

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 04, 2017, 10:51:23 PM
I think the log is sometimes off showing the right order in which mods were activated.

Mod-E injects itself pretty early on launch, so it is possible that it is loaded befor core.

I think the extendend human body .. thingy relies on epoe so it should be in order as well.

you are right about dead mans clothing, I attached the a17 version.
glass and light might collide with clutter windows stuff.

oh i think I saw one of the culprits :
Call of Cthulhu - Factions: 0Harmony(1.0.9.0),
Call of Cthulhu - Factions - Items Only: 0Harmony
you don't need the Items only Version if you use factions .. that is just a way to gain the items without having the factions around .. so decide which one you want and disable the other one.

And I am not sure that therapy and psychology like each other..
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 04, 2017, 10:27:05 PM
1. I don't use Mod-E, is it supposed to be above everything else?
2. I see at least one v16 mod in there. (Allowdeadman's apparel)
3. I saw at least two medical mods... are they compatible with each other?
4. Should Humanoid Alien Races be much higher, not sure what other alien race mods you are using, but I'd expect HAR needs to be above them.

Overall, it is a decently long list of mods, did you do the research to make sure that some don't interfere with any other similar mods?

To both yes Mod-E should be above the core it says so in it's own description. As for that deadman apparel I didn't notice so I will take a look at that along with disabling those two chtulu sub mods. As for Therapy and Psychology they are definitely compatible I checked that already.
It's just hard to find out which mods are and aren't compatible as not all of them list it properly.

SpaceDorf

It is pretty hard to know what is compatible and what not.
And even testing for everything would be more work than to write a mod.
I have over 400 different Mods on my drive at the moment, I don't run them all, but existance alone counts.
And I know I could have many more if I would not limit myself to this forum.

But testing the brutal number of possible interactions is nearly impossible. Especially if those numbers rise every day.

The same thoughts about compatibility go into the thought if you can add/remove it from a running game

If a mod just adds content, it might confuse other mods or be ignored by their effects, but should be overall compatible ( can always be added, can be removed if no more items are linked to your pawns )

Typical Guesswork : If the mod does change a similiar aspect of the game than another mod .. they might be incompatible
( EPOE and RBSH,  The Central Heating Mods ( can't remember the names ) both change the same recipies so there is to much overlap in function to work side by side )

Changes something small about the UI .. can be added and removed at will, should be compatible to everything.
( Allow Tool, Mod-E, MorePlanning )

Changes Pawn behavior .. not in adding thoughts and actions, but changing vanilla actions.
Now this is dark territory, those are the ones that require new games and mess with every possible interaction above. ( Psychology, CE, 40k Corruption, Cthullhu Cults )
Mostly save to add and remove ingame when those interactions are restricted to the mods own content
( Arachnophobia ) .. can FUBAR your game when applied globally .. either on adding midgame or removing.

Library Mods ( HugsLib ) .. does nearly nothing on its own, but other mods won't work without it.
Adding or Removing only in corelation with the dependent mods.

Blackpinned

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 05, 2017, 01:03:46 PM
It is pretty hard to know what is compatible and what not.
And even testing for everything would be more work than to write a mod.
I have over 400 different Mods on my drive at the moment, I don't run them all, but existance alone counts.
And I know I could have many more if I would not limit myself to this forum.

But testing the brutal number of possible interactions is nearly impossible. Especially if those numbers rise every day.

The same thoughts about compatibility go into the thought if you can add/remove it from a running game

If a mod just adds content, it might confuse other mods or be ignored by their effects, but should be overall compatible ( can always be added, can be removed if no more items are linked to your pawns )

Typical Guesswork : If the mod does change a similiar aspect of the game than another mod .. they might be incompatible
( EPOE and RBSH,  The Central Heating Mods ( can't remember the names ) both change the same recipies so there is to much overlap in function to work side by side )

Changes something small about the UI .. can be added and removed at will, should be compatible to everything.
( Allow Tool, Mod-E, MorePlanning )

Changes Pawn behavior .. not in adding thoughts and actions, but changing vanilla actions.
Now this is dark territory, those are the ones that require new games and mess with every possible interaction above. ( Psychology, CE, 40k Corruption, Cthullhu Cults )
Mostly save to add and remove ingame when those interactions are restricted to the mods own content
( Arachnophobia ) .. can FUBAR your game when applied globally .. either on adding midgame or removing.

Library Mods ( HugsLib ) .. does nearly nothing on its own, but other mods won't work without it.
Adding or Removing only in corelation with the dependent mods.

Yeah sounds about right. And I did figure out what the error was. It seems to be an issue between vegetable garden and DeCore. They both change something to passive coolers causing an error although I have no trouble playing the game.

SpaceDorf

I did not know deCore and had to look it up.

But it is obvious, yeap. I think deCore would mess up a lot more stuff the way it changes things.

This is also were LoadOrder is important.
Later Mods overwrite stuff other Mods defined before them.

Blackpinned

So I should place DeCore lower on the list? Or actually keep it up high?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Blackpinned on October 05, 2017, 07:24:02 PM
So I should place DeCore lower on the list? Or actually keep it up high?

That decision always depends on a few things:

1. Do other mods depend on it? - put it above those mods

2. Do you want that mod to overwrite changes from other mods? - put it lower on list, but still above other that depend on it

3. Do you want other mods to overwrites changes from that mod? - put it higher on list, above others that depend on it, and above other you'd rather have things overwrite on that mod.