Visitors without interaction

Started by arkam, March 12, 2020, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkam

hi!

Does it have any use in the vanilla version, those visitors that appear sometimes, with whom you cannot interact in any way? Do you plan to give them any use? I know there are mods that fix this, but I would like to know if in the vanilla version this makes any sense and if it will change in the future.

Thank you

LWM

I think the only use is for capture and slavery purposes?

There may be some mods that add more - I would certainly love to add social interaction with colonists, but that's low on my list of projects.

Canute

At vanilla visitor not allways need to have a trader with them.
That is nothing new, they are just some wanderer which stop for the night.

Hospitality mod change alot about visitors, you can assign bed for guests, assign then to zones, and you can get reputation and gifts if they feel well .

Elrood

There is Hospitality mod - for a lot of people who play with content mods, its a must have and expand upon the concept tremendously.

As for vanilia - right now they can be thrown into prison or attacked by hostiles on map. Both results in reputation lost. I may be remembering wrong, but i think they can also give small reputation boost if they leave peacefully and liked what the saw.
The clash between factions can be quite funny when you have some high tech visitors who kill most of tribal riders early game :) . For that to happen factions need to be at negative reputation with each other. If you then rescue those of visitors who survive, when they finally fall, reputation lose is mitigated.

5thHorseman

I have had the passing travelers get me both into and out of some situations before. As "story teller helpers" they do just fine.

I had them walk through a bug cave.
I had them appear right as a siege was starting.
I had them get hunted by a bear. Free bear meat, and the pawn he took down ended up joining after I rescued them.

Granted it's better when that happens to a trader. All the junk they drop is fair game. But it's still nice for the random help on occasion.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

scorlew

Quote from: 5thHorseman on March 13, 2020, 08:25:33 AM
I have had the passing travelers get me both into and out of some situations before. As "story teller helpers" they do just fine.

I had them walk through a bug cave.
I had them appear right as a siege was starting.
I had them get hunted by a bear. Free bear meat, and the pawn he took down ended up joining after I rescued them.

Granted it's better when that happens to a trader. All the junk they drop is fair game. But it's still nice for the random help on occasion.

Yes.  I have had traders/visitors on the map when an animal went mad or raiders dropped in.  It is nice to have meat or booty to loot when I didn't have to take any damage.  It isn't a frequent occurrence but it isn't that rare either.  Otherwise I just ignore them and let them use my table.
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ