poison/psychic ship a cake walk with melee ..(in B18*)

Started by Bobisme, September 15, 2018, 05:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

If you ask me both of those ships are a cake walk.
One drops, i waltz up with my 15 pawns and their 20 animals, circle it, hit it once and when 'they' pop out i pause select 1-2-3 to each scyther or centipede,  2 minutes later i walk away with a few bruises...
My pawns have no melee weapons, just fists and maybe a couple have guns, just melee n walk away..

I like that i can clean the floor with them so easily, but... should i be able to heh :/ :D
(I can take on 6 scythers n 4 centipedes or so with ease so far)
perhaps increase their melee dps? i should fear them coming for me
Also, my ppl have no armor on bar 1 or 2
Cassandra rough

AnActualDuck

I can certainly relate, melee is the way to go for fighting mechanoids. That asside, what difficulty are you set on? You could try turning that up and the result should be, at the very least, larger amounts of mechanoids per ship making it more challenging. Other than that, any thoughts on what you'd change or add?

Bobisme

I edited the post, alot :)
cassandra rough :)

increase scyther blade melee dps when a scyther has it equiped, increase centipede blunt defence

vzoxz0

If your base isn't struggling at 15 colonists, you are either very good at managing your colony, or you have a lot of fun little mods on that make your difficulty pointless to mention. Any mods on?

Bobisme

i use 4: RBSE, a dog said, more furniture and wall lights, almost no animals with bionics, maybe 5 ppl with a bionic arm, mostly noses ears n eyes
i am using version B18 i hear they changed alot when it comes to animal migration etc in B19
, the hydroponics has 2 dedicated rice fields and the weather is a perminent summer region, i burn out bugs for kibble and have mass devil strand for cash? :)

8 bionic legs
3 bionic arms
and..
4 bionic spines
I believe bionics should exist in the game
Agreed, they are helping hands..
Though, alot of missing fingers, ALOt of em heh

to the left out of screen, is a mountain, i sealed the top n bottom openings with doors, i mortar the hell out fo them n then let them bust through while my ppl are lined up with sniper rifles mini guns n assault rifles, i can take on 24 megasloths well enough..  :)

I don't think the bionics make to much advantage..

[attachment deleted due to age]

vzoxz0

You realize they did a whole ton of Mechanoid rebalancing for b19 right? So this suggestion is completely pointless since you're basing it on an experience in a former version.

Edit:

Not to mention that "Rough" is no longer as easy as it was in b18, so that gives us a false impression as well. If you have this level of wealth and colonists on Rough in b19, surely you will end up getting 10+ mechanoids attacking your base, and they will tear through your defences like a fat guy tears through a cake.

Bobisme

oookay
Yeah i usually place a B18 at the start

Let's see your marvel of creation...

And, i doubt it :)
My wife n I play on B18 and have for some time, we'll stick to this for now, alot of B18 issues still occured in later versions as has been established already, i shoulda placed B18 at the start, though it isn't a bug or an issue so to speak, i expected nothing to be changed, i didn'tdon't see a note on the strengthening of scythers etc.