[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

For a brief period it used to reduce durability. Nobody liked it.

Updated to fix a minor bug. Instead of an error being logged when the recycling amount falls under 1, it'll just log a message.

faltonico

Quote from: notfood on July 06, 2017, 11:11:15 PM
For a brief period it used to reduce durability. Nobody liked it.
How about reducing max HP? by appending a "mended" prefix?

Canute

You allready created a lite version, why not a harcore version, which lower the max HP to made the people happy ? :-)

faltonico

My suggestion is to add more flavor to the mod, i'm totally fine with how the normal mode is right now BTW.

notfood

I'll put some settings in the mod menu.

phmalu

And how about limiting the number of times that one can repair an item? Like 2 or 3 times and once you repair ir the durability goes up to 85% or so but not 100%
Because it seems to be a bit OP right now. Also, another possibility would be to increase the repairment cost once repairing is so cheap right now and pawns get the job done too fast.
Additionally, you could keep the normal version as is and add a "hardcore" version instead. So players could choose which version suits you best.

Schwartz

Small note: Mending apparel taken off corpses removes the (D) modifier. I don't think Mending needs to be any more powerful than it already is. ;)

Canute

Schwartz,
I think it must be a mod-conflict at your side, my mending bench don't remove the deadman flag.

Dellamorte

Mending an item also removes the "D" for me aswell, I don't mind that really.

Schwartz

Yeah it does remove (D), just tried it in a fresh game with only this mod running.

It just makes it super easy to circumvent the bad thoughts, which are there for a reason. I don't mind at all that the Mending mod makes the single most sweeping balance change in the game - that's why we use and enjoy it. But a 'flavor' penalty like this would be nice to still have.

I've previously altered the mod to make it more difficult, so this isn't about a 'plz nerf' as much as I thought the (D) thing was just an oversight. Though I wouldn't mind a hardmode if the OP is so inclined.

notfood

It's intentional. If you are repairing/mending fully an item, it should remove the deadmans. You are paying in electricity, time and kits.

I can make an option to disable it for those who don't want it. Is there any demand though? I don't want to work needlessly.

Oblitus

Mending dead man apparel barely makes sense anyway since it is 99% of awful junk; you would likely want just to recycle, or burn since it is faster and you don't want to clutter your warehouse with scraps.

Schwartz

Really? I lifted plenty of good+ armor vests, helmets and power armors off dead raiders. Let's not forget shield belts, which are a pain to produce thanks to the Uranium requirement.

The regular clothes are indeed often junk.

Oblitus

Quote from: Schwartz on August 06, 2017, 05:42:29 PM
Really? I lifted plenty of good+ armor vests, helmets and power armors off dead raiders. Let's not forget shield belts, which are a pain to produce thanks to the Uranium requirement.

The regular clothes are indeed often junk.
Very late game, maybe. But it won't really make difference then.

Canute

Quote from: notfood on August 06, 2017, 04:23:18 PM
It's intentional. If you are repairing/mending fully an item, it should remove the deadmans. You are paying in electricity, time and kits.
It is not the structure or the optical that give the mood debuff. It is the knowledge that someone die inside that, its bad karma.
Like if someone die in a house, housebroker sometimes need to reduce the price for these houses too, even it is fully renovated.
Sure not everyone care about it, but serveral do.

I can make an option to disable it for those who don't want it. Is there any demand though? I don't want to work needlessly.
I would say you should do it, and it should be off by default.
Don't forget the hugh value income for some items if the D-flag get removed, shoddy power armor at example.
And when you are working on it, what do you think to add another option.
How much repair material is used
0 (lite version, maybe a newly build mending bench got 0.1 material by default)
1, regular version
or higher numbers if someone like it tougher.