Social Rebalance

Started by Nictis, May 11, 2016, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nictis

I've been wanting to post about this for a long while, things seem way too strange when I play. To start, I have a male colonist whose sister asks for refuge from the Pirates chasing her. I let her in because family (Normally I don't take 68 year olds...) As it turns out, she hates men.

Brother= +20
Man= -25

Naturally, I find this rather irritating, family should be exempt from such bias, and having a dislike towards a certain gender should be less extreme...

A short while later (Month and a half.) I capture someone who is "Beautiful" and they die to infections. Two of my colonists are mourning their dead friend because they had a single chitchat with them.

While I like the new Social aspect of the game (It rewards my cramped playstyle  :) ) they all seem to advance their relationships way too fast, and have penalties that are rather harsh.

On the bright side though, I made a colony with two chicks and a dude (17, 46, and 34 respectively) the man got together with the older woman on the first day, and breaks up with her on the second day, after they had some lovin'. He then tries to move on the teenager, who is not an idiot and makes him hate her. Another failed wooing and he assaults her... and loses. Badly.

I love this, but it needs balance (Marriage OP)

theapolaustic1

I think everyone's realized in some respect or another that social needs adjusting. So far I've just noticed that once the wedding fever starts, it won't stop until everyone's paired up.

Kegereneku

I had one case of Stockholm syndrom. I don't know how the logic work but suspect it will happen again much too easily.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

hector212121

Here's a tip:Get people hurt. Like, wooden shiv vs squirrel hurt. When they inevitably pass out, have someone they dislike haul them. Combine with 'crashed with me' for +40, enough to even outdo ex lover status.