[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

so for those who have the latest version, right now how stable is this mod??? no crashes often?? no game breaking bugs?? i can live with graphical glitches though, but gamebreaking bugs ruins my day...

also save game compatible or requires a new save??

i'm really itching to play this mod lol... i got 2 couples on my current campaign, and I think both couples are ready to have kids...

kiesu

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 04, 2017, 03:00:20 AM
so for those who have the latest version, right now how stable is this mod??? no crashes often?? no game breaking bugs?? i can live with graphical glitches though, but gamebreaking bugs ruins my day...

i'm really itching to play this mod lol... i got 2 couples on my current campaign, and I think both couples are ready to have kids...
I'm not an expert, but I downloaded this mod ontop of existing save few versions ago and everything went just fine. Updating the same save with new versions has gone smoothly too. Haven't experienced any crashes yet.

Also, just a side request: Could we make this mod compatible with Legs so children dont have their legs appear ontop of their heads? :D
Just a visual annoyance atm and I'm sure they're not the main thing to worry about in development atm. Just a wish for future, i like my legs.

hawkinator

So, I caught my toddler researching today...

I suspect this may be a bug.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Names are for the Weak

We really need clothes for toddlers. Eduard "Eddie" Singleton has lost a few digits and an ear from frostbite, courtesy of the harsh boreal forest winters.

SpaceDorf

You could restrict your toddlers to inside zones .. :)
Karina Ingman is doing fine at my colony.

Well except that liver carcinoma she got from drinking all that Hearth Brew .. *sigh*
I am glad, that I have a "no drugs at all" in my mercenary colony.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Vega_Kotes

Quote from: kiesu on August 04, 2017, 08:11:15 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 04, 2017, 03:00:20 AM

I'm not an expert, but I downloaded this mod ontop of existing save few versions ago and everything went just fine. Updating the same save with new versions has gone smoothly too. Haven't experienced any crashes yet.

Also, just a side request: Could we make this mod compatible with Legs so children dont have their legs appear ontop of their heads? :D
Just a visual annoyance atm and I'm sure they're not the main thing to worry about in development atm. Just a wish for future, i like my legs.

It might be the other mods I'm running but I've noticed that if I have this mod loaded and try and create a new colony it always crashes my game.  However if I deactivate it then create a new colony I can save the game, activate this mod, and reload with no issues.

kiesu

Quote from: Vega_Kotes on August 04, 2017, 11:24:40 PM
It might be the other mods I'm running but I've noticed that if I have this mod loaded and try and create a new colony it always crashes my game.  However if I deactivate it then create a new colony I can save the game, activate this mod, and reload with no issues.
Nope, I have no issues creating new worlds/colonies while having this mod active. I suspect you have a clashing mod or odd load order.

Names are for the Weak

Quote from: hawkinator on August 03, 2017, 07:12:37 PM
Quote from: Names are for the Weak on August 03, 2017, 07:04:37 PM
Say, can mothers have twins?

IIRC They can if the Random Number Generator gods smile on you. It is supposed to be quite rare though, never had it happen in one of my games.
Well, my question got answered, because one woman in my tribe had two baby boys.

Vega_Kotes

Quote from: kiesu on August 05, 2017, 07:11:40 AM
Nope, I have no issues creating new worlds/colonies while having this mod active. I suspect you have a clashing mod or odd load order.

Yeah I figured that was the issue. But since I can get it working anyway I don't think it's worth digging into for now.  I don't restart *that* often, hahaha.

Chaos17

Work well with Physialogy, thank you for this mod, it should be in base game like in Dwarf Fortress.

LiteEmUp

2 days since last post... either thats a good thing coz everything is working as it should be for now or its bad coz people aren't playing this mod due to bugs lol....

so far i love this mod... its no longer just pets who can breed like rabbits lol... horndogs on my colony gets to show off what they are made of ;D...
i have 2 couple already have kids on the way.. both at late stage lol..

my only pet peeve so far:

• seeing those 10-16 on army raids, especially 13 yr old raid leaders..  i can understand child soldiers, but as an adult seeing us beind led by a kid seems weird.. maybe age limit on when they can serve in a raid??
  • 9 or 7 yr old wanderers/visitors by themselves... they are like free members to your colony, but its kinda immersion breaking seeing really young kids travel on there own without adult accompanying them..

magwolf

For the life of me I have basically put it in like any other mod and yet I get tons of errors then when I try to play the game I can't tell my pawns to do anyt

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly RimWorldChildren: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.ModBase' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:AssemblyIsUsable(Assembly)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:ReloadAll()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Found no usable data when trying to get defs from file Backstories.xml
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator226:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)

etc.....

schwarzrotes

Quote from: magwolf on August 08, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
For the life of me I have basically put it in like any other mod and yet I get tons of errors then when I try to play the game I can't tell my pawns to do anyt

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly RimWorldChildren: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.ModBase' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:AssemblyIsUsable(Assembly)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:ReloadAll()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Found no usable data when trying to get defs from file Backstories.xml
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator226:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)

etc.....

you need hugslib, put it right under core

Names are for the Weak

I'm loving this mod so far, and I think it's well-implemented. However, I do have some various issues and nitpicks for this mod. You probably plan on adding many of my suggestions to the mod already. However, you might not have thought of some things. Some suggestions for this mod:

Add clothing for babies and toddlers. Seriously. It's hard to survive without it during harsh weather, especially if you're a tribe.

Child soldiers should be rarer.

Women should get a significant mood debuff from miscarriages. At the moment, it doesn't seem to affect their mood at all.

Mothers should be able to breastfeed children. You already make them lactate, which does nothing right now.

Mothers who use drugs during pregnancy risk their children being born with defects, which manifest as children being born with a new kind of scar, malformed. The "malformed" scar can appear anywhere. Sometimes, drug use can result in a miscarriage. Alternatively, sometimes babies can be malformed just due to bad luck.

Killing babies or children ought to result in a significant mood debuff, plus a social debuff.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. What do you think?

Edit: Childbirth should function like a heart attack, where multiple treatments need to be done until a child is born.

SpaceDorf

@Names are for the Wicked

From having read all 32 pages the answer is Yes. ( except for the drug part, can't remember that )

I think everything else you mentioned has allready been mentioned and breastfeeding and clothes are on Thirites todo list right now.
It was only last version that he finally got cribs to work ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.