[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

Quote from: jpnm92 on August 24, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Psychology mod frontpage says this mod is not compatible with it. Is it really not? I want this mod pretty bad but Psychology mod became a must for me, i can't play without it anymore.

it works... read below

Quote from: Onasaki on August 14, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
It could be because the psychology mod is created with the idea that there's only teenage, adult, and elderly pawns. Psychology with kids under 15 can be tricky, especially given the very deep way this mod goes into the psychology of our pawns.

It works, but sometimes can create hilarious results when you have a 10 year old with the 'lecher' trait. That's what I'd figure, anyway, there could be something more code-like that I'm not aware of. But yeah, I can confirm it works with psychology if it's loaded after.

Thirite

Updated to v0.3j
- Fixed incompatibility with mods such as MAI and Zombieland where their heads wouldn't draw

Brrainz

Quote from: Thirite on August 27, 2017, 10:06:33 PM
Updated to v0.3j
- Fixed incompatibility with mods such as MAI and Zombieland where their heads wouldn't draw
Yay!

Thirite

Updated to v0.3k
- Potentially fixed the baby crying by making the changes as described by Tenshi~Akari

If my memory wasn't garbage I would have just included this in v0.3j

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Quote from: Thirite on August 27, 2017, 10:36:01 PM
Updated to v0.3k
- Potentially fixed the baby crying by making the changes as described by Tenshi~Akari

If my memory wasn't garbage I would have just included this in v0.3j

Sometimes during world generation I get this red error message:

Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Female_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Female, color=RGBA(0.950, 0.748, 0.571, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/Female/Female_Narrow_Normal_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/Female/Female_Narrow_Normal, color=RGBA(0.950, 0.748, 0.571, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/None_Average_Stump_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/None_Average_Stump, color=RGBA(0.950, 0.748, 0.571, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Hairs/Flowy_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Hairs/Flowy, color=RGBA(0.310, 0.280, 0.260, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

No crashes or anything and there don't even appear to be any missing textures. I don't get message if I disable Children and pregnancy. Since the game doesn't actually crash I can still play but I thought it would be good to bring this to your attention.

Thirite

Yeah, still trying to figure out what exactly is causing this. Sometimes it does rarely cause a crash on worldgen.

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Thank you for the quick reply, I understand you're probably busy but I did some digging and it appears the errors are coming from the game "failing" to load colors for certain textures or trying to load textures from a mod folder and not the "main thread." You know much more about this than I do but I want to help if I can.
Most of texture paths that cause the errors are from the Apparello 2 and Facial Stuff mods. Also loading medieval times with this mod no matter the order or number of mods causes a crash on world gen 100% of the time, but that is not too big of a deal because just disabling that mod fixes the issue, and perhaps someone with more knowledge than I could release a patch.

But back to the main subject: some errors appear to be failures to load textures from the base game. With all mods except Hubslib and children and pregnancy disabled I still see these failed to load texture messages. Plus some of the texture paths seem to lead to base games textures like this:

Tried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/Naked_Thin_back" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ContentFinder`1:Get(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(String, Shader, Vector2, Color)
Verse.GraphicGetter_NakedHumanlike:GetNakedBodyGraphic(BodyType, Shader, Color)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveAllGraphics_Patch2(Object)
RimWorldChildren.Hediff_Baby:GrowUpTo(Int32, Boolean)
RimWorldChildren.PawnGenerate_Patch:_GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, Pawn&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn_Patch1(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.StartingPawnUtility:NewGeneratedStartingPawn()
RimWorld.ScenPart_ConfigPage_ConfigureStartingPawns:PostWorldGenerate()
RimWorld.Scenario:PostWorldGenerate()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__615()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Also it makes me wonder if prepared carefully might be conflicting as well.
I hope this helps and if my complete logs would help let me know. Thank you for all the amazing work so far!

Sinclair200

Hey i have just downloaded this mod and i am about to give it a shot and will get back to you. Thanks again for creating something as such and the work you put into.
To start of i wanted to know when i start a new game when can i know that this mod is working do i have to wait and see? or is there a way? can this work on existing saves? and lastly i have this error when launching the game and wanted to know what it meant and if it was ok to play with it:
PS: Babies have weird hair above their head... ;)

[HugsLib][ERR] Failed to apply Harmony patches for HugsLib.Children_and_Pregnancy. Exception was: System.Exception: Wrong null argument: br
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.<FinalizeILCodes>b__17_4 (Harmony.CodeInstruction codeInstruction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[CodeInstruction] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.FinalizeILCodes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers, Label endLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodCopier.Emit (Label endLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.MethodPatcher.CreatePatchedMethod (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 prefixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 postfixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__6_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.ModBase.ApplyHarmonyPatches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Error(String, Object[])
HugsLib.ModBase:ApplyHarmonyPatches()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:EnumerateChildMods()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84A()

TastyCookies

Quote from: Sinclair200 on August 31, 2017, 12:37:02 AM
Hey i have just downloaded this mod and i am about to give it a shot and will get back to you. Thanks again for creating something as such and the work you put into.
To start of i wanted to know when i start a new game when can i know that this mod is working do i have to wait and see? or is there a way? can this work on existing saves? and lastly i have this error when launching the game and wanted to know what it meant and if it was ok to play with it:
PS: Babies have weird hair above their head... ;)

[HugsLib][ERR] Failed to apply Harmony patches for HugsLib.Children_and_Pregnancy. Exception was: System.Exception: Wrong null argument: br
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.<FinalizeILCodes>b__17_4 (Harmony.CodeInstruction codeInstruction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[CodeInstruction] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.FinalizeILCodes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers, Label endLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodCopier.Emit (Label endLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.MethodPatcher.CreatePatchedMethod (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 prefixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 postfixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__6_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.ModBase.ApplyHarmonyPatches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Error(String, Object[])
HugsLib.ModBase:ApplyHarmonyPatches()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:EnumerateChildMods()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84A()

Do you have HugsLib installed by any chance?

sidfu

@tastrycookies that error is caused by alien framework.

TastyCookies

Apposl

I am running about 100 mods and installed this and it crashes when trying to generate my map and start the game. I DO NOT expect this wonderful mod to work with 100+ other mods (I have an addiction) - but I was curious if the error log would still be of interest to the mod developer? If so I can re-enable and get the error again and post it back here.

Otherwise, I look forward to starting a mod-free(ish) run soon and trying this out, thank you! :)

sidfu

Quote from: Apposl on August 31, 2017, 08:59:42 PM
I am running about 100 mods and installed this and it crashes when trying to generate my map and start the game. I DO NOT expect this wonderful mod to work with 100+ other mods (I have an addiction) - but I was curious if the error log would still be of interest to the mod developer? If so I can re-enable and get the error again and post it back here.

Otherwise, I look forward to starting a mod-free(ish) run soon and trying this out, thank you! :)

it probaly caused a error whenit trieed to gen a kid pawn for a cheif. the crash is probaly a comination of mods not just this one. ive never had it crash world gen but i have had it fail to make the world gen. just try a differnt seed or add the mod after u make the world. u dont need a new game for the mod to be used far as i know.

Sinclair200

Alien framework what does that mean?
so far it works fine! :) great job no issues just that error message but not sure what it means... :p

Apposl

Quote from: sidfu on September 01, 2017, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: Apposl on August 31, 2017, 08:59:42 PM

it probaly caused a error whenit trieed to gen a kid pawn for a cheif. the crash is probaly a comination of mods not just this one. ive never had it crash world gen but i have had it fail to make the world gen. just try a differnt seed or add the mod after u make the world. u dont need a new game for the mod to be used far as i know.

Hey thanks, I'll certainly try that. Like I said, wasn't a complaint in the slightest, just curious if the mod dev was trying to collect that sort've info or not. :) I'm definitely going to try this mod out on a cleaner install since my daughter loves this game and she would be freaking ecstatic about children. Oy, what could possibly go wrong with that. Hah.

Thanks again!