Pretty cool map

Started by StormySunrise, August 01, 2016, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormySunrise

So I have recently got a map spawn where there is only one entrance and the map itself is just a cove in the mountainside
What do you guys think of it?

bchbum16

That's pretty cool, do you by chance remember the seed and coordinates?

Kagemusha12

IIRC the seed should be viewable either on tjhe map screen or the properties of the game.

Nice map ... but remember that any rooms dug into the mountain will be possible spawning spots for insect hives ;)

StormySunrise

Quote from: bchbum16 on August 01, 2016, 09:49:39 AM
That's pretty cool, do you by chance remember the seed and coordinates?

My apologies but the map was created using Random Map Generator, although if i find another map that is like this one except without randomizing  the map ill type the seed and location in another post.

Grax

Other open parts were accidentally closed by randomly generated rooms.

RaginCajun

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on August 01, 2016, 10:06:18 AM
IIRC the seed should be viewable either on tjhe map screen or the properties of the game.

Nice map ... but remember that any rooms dug into the mountain will be possible spawning spots for insect hives ;)
So is that the deliniation for hive infestations?  Has to be inside the mountain area?

Kagemusha12

Quote from: RaginCajun on August 01, 2016, 02:55:55 PM

So is that the deliniation for hive infestations?  Has to be inside the mountain area?

AFAIK yes ...
and, at least to all I read in the forums, it seems like nothing can change this, not even placinf artificial floors and walls for the rooms.

Considering my own game, where I had 2 infestations in my mountain base (one in the fridge, one in a workshop room) I have to admit that it seems to be true

StormySunrise

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on August 01, 2016, 03:16:28 PM
Quote from: RaginCajun on August 01, 2016, 02:55:55 PM

AFAIK yes ...
and, at least to all I read in the forums, it seems like nothing can change this, not even placinf artificial floors and walls for the rooms.

Considering my own game, where I had 2 infestations in my mountain base (one in the fridge, one in a workshop room) I have to admit that it seems to be true

You can download the roofbomb mod and remove the overhead mountain into small rock roof, i do those for all of my bedrooms and power rooms

FalconBR

Just make big rooms and x2 corridos, hives are not a problem, just be sure you can lure those insects to an open room and get ready the firing squad!

SpaceDorf

Yeah thats an answome map :)

But I am not sure, does the same coordinates really give the same map layout ?
I have not tried this before.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Lys

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 01, 2016, 09:15:47 PMBut I am not sure, does the same coordinates really give the same map layout ?
Same seed + same coordinates -> same map. That is the purpose of the seed.

Though as mentioned before, it is most likely that there are more entrances to the map, you are just blocked off from them. Had it a couple of times on mountaineous maps that I only later discovered that large parts were actually open areas and not mountains.

MasterD1085

Quote from: Lys on August 01, 2016, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 01, 2016, 09:15:47 PMBut I am not sure, does the same coordinates really give the same map layout ?
Same seed + same coordinates -> same map. That is the purpose of the seed.

Though as mentioned before, it is most likely that there are more entrances to the map, you are just blocked off from them. Had it a couple of times on mountaineous maps that I only later discovered that large parts were actually open areas and not mountains.

Game map size affects the generated planet.   WORLD map size doesn't  (where you pick your coordinates)  So you can choose the same coordinates on the same world, but change the planet size and get a different map completely each time.  :)   Hope this makes sense