[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: JadeXyan on July 17, 2017, 03:27:26 PM
I'm having a problem trying to research Crystalline Synthesizing, essentially my colonists act as though I had not selected any research at all and never go to the research bench, even if they are idle. I've met all its requirements, I can even get some research points into it if I trick them by researching something else and switching suddenly, eventually they stop researching and go back to pretending I never selected research.

You need a Crystalloid to research it for you

Canute

Quote-Shard Pistol, Shard Rifle, and Shard Scatterer are now craftable, recipes at the Psionic Forge. (Note that selling prices have changed due to this and they should be smeltable)

I think you forget to add the tag, currently they arn't smeltable.
When i add <smeltable>true</smeltable> behind the thingsdef i can smelt them at the electric smelter.

Edit:
Psionic forge isn't working.
None of the recipes are working, can't force anyone to work there.
Refine crystals at the electric smelter works fine.
I disabled all other mods to check if there is some conflict like with the construction of the synthesizer, but it didn't change any but i was able to construct the synthesizer then.
When i add
<li>TableMachining</li>
i can craft them at the mashining table.

AtomicRavioli

At long last, update 2.1 is now live. Lots of flavor and backstory changes, new mechanics and systems, as well as some minor reworks and balancing. Many thanks to ChJess for their wizardry, making the psionic field system possible :) I recommend checking his new android race mod out as well: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35663.0

Most issues have been addressed, new systems also help tons.

kaze0

Psionic field scanner  disappearing upon finished building with  such  debug log:
Exception in Tick (pawn=Doc, job=FinishFrame A=Thing_PsionicFieldScanner_Frame596652, CurToil=2): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorE.<>m__34 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=FinishFrame, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: kaze0 on October 12, 2017, 08:55:24 AM
Psionic field scanner  disappearing upon finished building with  such  debug log:
snipped

I can't reproduce this on my end, is the issue consistent and recurring?

SeniorScore

Hey! I was playing Rimworld with Crystalloids and Combat extended running, when I realized they couldn't use guns from the mod properly. So I decided to fix it, so now they can use the guns properly, and be targeted correctly by pawns using CE. Even displays the nifty inventory thing CE has. I thought I should give you a heads up. Thanks for making this mod in the first place!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36029.0

kaze0

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 12, 2017, 01:04:01 PM
I can't reproduce this on my end, is the issue consistent and recurring?
Issue  resoleved , it was  some  weard interaction  with  other  mods load  order.Now there  is  other  issue  though ,but  most likely not  related  to your end ,cant  heal scars(epoe 2.0)  on regular pawns  ,crstaloids mend  scars  properly.

Canute

Thats new that you can't remove scars from human but from crystalloids.
You sure you got synthtic skin and glitterworld med. to mend scars on humans ?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Canute on October 14, 2017, 09:33:22 AM
Thats new that you can't remove scars from human but from crystalloids.
You sure you got synthtic skin and glitterworld med. to mend scars on humans ?

I might of overwritten something on the patch, will look at it

Call me Arty

I'm not certain what's causing it, however, I'm also having an issue with the Psionic Field Scanner. Have it, build it, poof, gone along with the resources. Tried three times in normal mode and several times in god mode.

Here's what debug says between little things about Apparello and an animal mod,  "Aladus" is my main builder:

Exception in Tick (pawn=Aladus, job=FinishFrame A=Thing_PsionicFieldScanner_Frame301524, CurToil=2): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorE.<>m__34 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=FinishFrame, curDriver=QualityBuilder._JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Thank you for any help! I love your mod, and want to thank you for adding something so awesome to the game!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

TSB73

Hi, I really like the crystalloid mod, but I've noticed that edb has errore prepare carefully, since you can not change the heads of the colonists, since the tattooed versions appear directly, the only way to change them is to load the previously saved preparations ..

I do not know if it is the patch that does not work, with the latest version of edb prepare carefully or it is the same mod mentioned above that fails with its mod.

Modraneth

Call me Arty

Quote from: Modraneth on December 26, 2017, 05:08:43 AM
when we will see a B18 version for no steam users?

I log onto Ludeon Forums. I click "show new replies to your posts." It's the Crystalloid mod. Finally, an update! Only to find that it's another person asking for an update. That's an unfair rollercoaster of emotions.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Modraneth

Quote from: Call me Arty on December 29, 2017, 05:07:22 AM
Quote from: Modraneth on December 26, 2017, 05:08:43 AM
when we will see a B18 version for no steam users?

I log onto Ludeon Forums. I click "show new replies to your posts." It's the Crystalloid mod. Finally, an update! Only to find that it's another person asking for an update. That's an unfair rollercoaster of emotions.

shame on me  :-X