[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

So CCL allows me to catch/overwrite methods and classes? At-least that is what the code looks like it does in Inject(), so how would one go about doing this?

mrofa

Writing a detour class and class you want to detour with :P
All i do is clutter all around.

CannibarRechter

Detours is only a small fraction of CCL. I've gotten two mods that depend on Detours to work without the CCL update. I don't know about CCL to know what the hold up is, but it can't really have much to do with Detours, unless there is something tricky in the injectors. For the mods that I hacked and made operational, I used constructors to init the detour....
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SpaceDorf

I think there are two things to account for this update.

Changes to the code that effect old stuff.
And then start from the beginning for the new stuff
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

magik20

Guys, I must say, this is getting a bit ridiculous.

This doesnt fall on entirely on the CCL Team, which might have bitten off more than they can chew, but this is also is an problem that Tynan needs to address.  There are a number of awesome mods that require CCL to work and are now broken until its updated. 

skullywag

checking EVERY detoured method in vanilla to see if anything has changed, even if these methods are obsfucated therefore having to reverse engineer them to see if any logic changed.....thats where the time goes. We havent bitten off more than we can chew, we are relying heavily this round on 1000101 as hes the only one who had any time (and also the one who can tear apart the obsfucated code the best) myself and fluffy are very busy with other things (im not gonna go into detail but for me ive been doing things that are way more important than modding Rimworld).

Also keep in mind that from A13 to A14 we had a month to prepare, this time we had less than 2 weeks. A14 to 15 was VERY quick. (seriously we hadnt even finished with A14 when 15 was out)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Adventurer

What do you fine CCL folks plan on doing with the direct line to Tynan now that it's established?

Vesstair

Hope you guys manage to finish soon. I have some idea how much work must be involved, and all I can say is 'props'!

Thank you very much for your hard work, and I hope you manage to hash out some stuff with Tynan so that it is easier for you in the future.... or maybe even get some/all of your features embedded into the main game! :)

Thanks again!

magik20

@skullywag I hope I can make it clear I'm not speaking negatively towards the CCL team.  This software has made mods for Rimworld really, really shine.

The delay and possible result that CCL just cannot keep up with the updates Tynan releases is a major problem though.

One reason for Rimworlds success (in my opinion) is the modding ability.  It's the same reason people are still playing Civ V (and recommended it to their friends).  You can mod the game and play endless variations of it.

I hope there is a fast pipeline to get CCL the needed access to the basecode or have Tynan take it over, whatever is workable. 

electroglyph

Quote from: skullywag on September 09, 2016, 01:16:54 PM
checking EVERY detoured method in vanilla to see if anything has changed, even if these methods are obsfucated therefore having to reverse engineer them to see if any logic changed.....thats where the time goes. We havent bitten off more than we can chew, we are relying heavily this round on 1000101 as hes the only one who had any time (and also the one who can tear apart the obsfucated code the best) myself and fluffy are very busy with other things (im not gonna go into detail but for me ive been doing things that are way more important than modding Rimworld).

Also keep in mind that from A13 to A14 we had a month to prepare, this time we had less than 2 weeks. A14 to 15 was VERY quick. (seriously we hadnt even finished with A14 when 15 was out)

shit, nm then.  haven't looked at the bins, but if they're obfuscated count me out.  I've written my share of IL, not a fan.  I'd rather code my own hooks in MASM.

sadpickle

Quote from: magik20 on September 09, 2016, 04:53:44 PMIt's the same reason people are still playing Civ V (and recommended it to their friends).  You can mod the game and play endless variations of it.
Not to get off-topic but I think the success of Civ V is more than it's modding community. Civ V is a nearly perfect strategy board game (after the expansions) and I will not be in the least surprised if people keep playing it into 2017 and beyond, long after Civ 6 is out.

gendalf

Quote from: sadpickleCiv V is a nearly perfect strategy board game (after the expansions)
I'm triggered.

JudgeArcher

i bet this is a dumb question but why cant the dev team of RimWorld support some moddercomunitys which have a big impact on the diversity of the game with informations in what has changed. this way there wont be so much hard work for the modder. i played the game about 2 hours before i DL the first mod so i think it is in the devs interest supporting modders.

keep it up guys, your work is definitiv worth waiting for it!  :)

Jdalt40

They already have a communication between the devs

Topper

Tyran has never been openly involved with the modding community. I think its a matter of "vision". Toady, the dev from DF is like this too..the vanilla game is -his- vision for rimworld and mods arnt improving things in his eyes so much as they are altering the vision. And keep in mind the vision of what one person wants to accomplish may be way simpler than the desires of an entire community of people with opinions.

Back around Alpha 10 there was talk of dedicating an entire alpha to integrating mods into the game. I'd love if they revisited this idea.