animal overpopulation

Started by Morden, March 09, 2014, 10:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

have you guys tried keeping your food stockpiles inside the base? my food stocks generally don't get raided by vermin coz there's plenty enough food and grass that i usually ignore outside the base, since i already have a decent food production line that nets me enough food surplus for the entire colony.

i don't trade food either, just weapons and slaves, so food always stays indoors. but i have yet to experience this performance lag issue due to vermin routing to inaccessible food.  :-\

Somz

Quote from: Morden on March 09, 2014, 10:54:44 AM
So after 364 days in my colony, i got so many animals on the map, that there is no more grass, only cactus, apart from where i protected my fields with walls. Fun thing, i don't need to hunt anymore since a lot of them die of starvation regularly. Muffalo were extinct like 3 times, but popped back after some time. Only bad things are that boomrat are exploding randomly around, and if a cargo crash, there is a big rush toward the food, that don't last more than a few minutes.

I don't know what to think about that, maybe add some natural predator or something to regulate the population, or just a limit of how many living animal of each species can be at the same time.

Or else. I would like to know about my other fellow colonists.

I am their natural predator...well...my colonists are. o_o

Anyway, since I was playing just now (D-143) and so far quite a lot of questions arouse in me, I've come here, seeking answers.
Well, you answered one.
I hunted down every last living thing on my map, later fearing the game won't spawn more. o_o
Manually of course, trying to feed 13 colonists (and to raise the firing skill of them).
The auto-hunting really does sound good.
-1 question. Today was a good day. :)
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.