WOOT WOOT its out!!! (alpha 7 disscusion)

Started by Fruit loops, October 01, 2014, 02:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruit loops

ooooh baby alpha 7 is in town ;D

diseases
new stuff to build and mine
UI
biomes

and more

The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

milon

Shinzy

If only the jungles were more.. well, Jungley *ahem* =P

I can't wait to go clubbing peoples brains out with the melee weapons
and have my clan of cybernetic knights of the order of cybernetic knights

Fruit loops

I saw that the raiders at the end had swords  :D
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

dd0029

There are new animals. I've seen a turtle - that I was oddly excited to hunt and eat turtle soup - and lots of boars.

I've played a bit. The disease thing is neat. It took me a bit to realize I had to tell my little weeble to go to bed.

The multiple stuffs is also neat, but needs some iteration on the UI side, having to choose wood, metal or silver each time you start to build something is tedious. If you try to lay down something without picking a material type, nothing happens and that was confusing. There could be a pop up note of some variety reminding you.

Shinzy

Quote from: dd0029 on October 01, 2014, 02:51:05 PM
There are new animals. I've seen a turtle - that I was oddly excited to hunt and eat turtle soup - and lots of boars.

I've played a bit. The disease thing is neat. It took me a bit to realize I had to tell my little weeble to go to bed.

The multiple stuffs is also neat, but needs some iteration on the UI side, having to choose wood, metal or silver each time you start to build something is tedious. If you try to lay down something without picking a material type, nothing happens and that was confusing. There could be a pop up note of some variety reminding you.

I had the same thoughts of the picking of material
like right clicking on it to pick which material used
and left clicking to just lay it would be so much more convenient

And I was actually confused for the brief moment when I set the wall type to wood
and realized I hadn't put the wood allowed for hauling yet and dismissed the wall laying thing

Then tried to later place the wooden walls
I honestly wrestled with it like a full minute thinking I broke something
cause the material selection popped up each time
"NO! I don't wanan change the material! I wanna place the thing!"

Oh was I ashamed of myself after I realised I just had to pick the material again :-[

tincanrocket

Just a black screen and music playing for me when I try to start up the latest alpha in OS X   :'(

Knigge

It is not often that i buy games that are not on steam, but this one was really worth the slight inconvenience of not being on there yet. Keep up the flawless work!

Angie

Sooo excited... put off playing for the last week or so but will jump right in when I get home from work tonight. Love new stuffs, and so far everything (but the black screen) sounds fantastic!

sparda666

I have not had a chance to check out the new alpha yet, but a suggestion is that when you click "build wall," a radial or drop down menu appears as long as your mouse is held down. You can then select material and release mouse. That sets the wall type and if you just click (not dragging onto radial or dropdown) it will just select the last used type. then just have the default type be set to wood or something.

Rahjital

Quote from: Shinzy on October 01, 2014, 03:01:18 PM

This was a very popular request on the tester forums, and Tynan said he will do something about it. :)

Shinzy

Quote from: Rahjital on October 01, 2014, 03:24:45 PM

This was a very popular request on the tester forums, and Tynan said he will do something about it. :)

Oh that is good to hear
and I really like Sparda's idea about it

Tynan

Quote from: dd0029 on October 01, 2014, 02:51:05 PM

And I was actually confused for the brief moment when I set the wall type to wood
and realized I hadn't put the wood allowed for hauling yet and dismissed the wall laying thing

Then tried to later place the wooden walls
I honestly wrestled with it like a full minute thinking I broke something
cause the material selection popped up each time
"NO! I don't wanan change the material! I wanna place the thing!"

Oh was I ashamed of myself after I realised I just had to pick the material again :-[

Yeah, this is actually already addressed for Alpha 8. The menu just vanishes if you move your mouse away from it.

Game's still a work in progress; no feature will ever be perfect the first time you guys see it :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Noven

Kinda sucks that when you build a wall into a mountain it no longer looks seamlessly integrated. I miss that from the last version because now it looks like there is a gap between the mountain and wall.

Robovski

Just started in the new biome. Glad to hear the UI for materials has been addressed already for the next build.

What have I found out:

Cobras are fair eatin', as are boars and turtles and the skins are automatically harvested. I was turtleshell helmets Tynan!
Wood walls no longer transmit power
A raider with a knife will run at 3 armed men with guns (even if they are awful shots). But then the raider was a navy scientist who is incapable of intellectual...