More priority numbers

Started by _Shadowcat_, February 13, 2016, 07:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Shadowcat_

Currently the manual priority system only allows 1-4 which is usually not sufficient for smaller colonies or multi-class workers. I'd like to request the number be changed to 12(?) or whatever number job options are available. That way we could define the exact order of priorities instead of gambling with 4.

Toggle

"Gambling" with 4? That really has no relation at all. But to ask for it to be changed to 12 is basically asking for a different priority system, you want to be able to move the priorities to customize each one for every person. Unfortunately that would be tedious as hell for when there's a lot of people. You'd have to click 12 times to just go around, or multiple times each way just to set them. Even 6 should really be sufficient for anything you need.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

_Shadowcat_

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on February 13, 2016, 07:53:02 PM
"Gambling" with 4? That really has no relation at all. But to ask for it to be changed to 12 is basically asking for a different priority system, you want to be able to move the priorities to customize each one for every person. Unfortunately that would be tedious as hell for when there's a lot of people. You'd have to click 12 times to just go around, or multiple times each way just to set them. Even 6 should really be sufficient for anything you need.
If 12 is tedious then add it so shift+click increases it by 2/3/6/some number. And it is 'gambling' with 4, if I want my colonists to do more then four jobs in a specific order then I have to hope they do what I want or spend time micromanaging them to get things done.

Toggle

The priority system doesn't only work on a 1-4. It works left to right. If you put Plant Cutting on 3, and Growing on 3, it'll prioritize whichever one is in front of the other, farthest to the left, so Plant Cutting. If you put Mining and Hauling on 2, it'll prioritize mining over hauling, since it's farther to the left. This allows for more complicated systems, you can have a lot of jobs in specific orders. And I doubt you'll need more then that because they won't be able to get through their jobs fast enough, and this isn't an idle.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.