Traiding system to test

Started by windruf, February 05, 2015, 02:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: Teovald on February 07, 2015, 05:16:22 PM
Can we hope for some improvements to trading outside of the interface ? 
The trade beacon system is becoming more and more cumbersome now that we have perishable goods.

I think the trading could be done with a bit like it's done in Towns:
You have beacons to mark your stuff to sell, but they can be inside too. But if you trade, your haulers will haul the traded goods to a launchpad. You'll get your traded goods when the according value is launched.
But this would require a bigger change in the code for the trader and for the AI.

Teovald

Quote from: Haplo on February 08, 2015, 05:41:40 AM
Quote from: Teovald on February 07, 2015, 05:16:22 PM
Can we hope for some improvements to trading outside of the interface ? 
The trade beacon system is becoming more and more cumbersome now that we have perishable goods.

I think the trading could be done with a bit like it's done in Towns:
You have beacons to mark your stuff to sell, but they can be inside too. But if you trade, your haulers will haul the traded goods to a launchpad. You'll get your traded goods when the according value is launched.
But this would require a bigger change in the code for the trader and for the AI.
I did not know of Towns trade system but this is what I had in mind. Additionally, trade caravans from the neighboring villages would make more sense than space vessels. That would also open more possibilities : 
-Your relations with the other towns can influences  trading prices.
-A random event where traders approach your town only to have you realize that they just want to launch a surprise raid on your colony. 
-The possibility for you to attack a trade caravan : it is heavily guarded and will mean war with its village but you can do it if you think it is in your interest ...

I realize that even just the basic system would be a lot of work though, but I think it would be worth it.

milon

I believe that's a long term goal. The trading space ships are just am easier-implemented trade system, which let Tynan work on higher priority issues.